eBay business sellers query???

12 replies
Found 1st Oct 2010
I've been selling afew new items off an ebay have emailed me to advise I need to register as a business or I will be blocked from listing items from 8th Oct.
Has anyone else been told this. If I registered as a business seller (which I don’t want to) would I have to pay tax etc does IR get passed over info etc?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

it happens to everyone if you sell over a certain amount

Original Poster

Anyone know the amount or if this can be retracted???

Anyone changed to a business?

Double check first that the email is definately from Ebay. If it is, there should be a copy in your messages section on MyEbay. Could be a site just trying to get your details. Better to be safe than sorry.

Banned

what new stuff are you selling?
Presumably its stuff you bought to resell?

Original Poster

I collect adidas trainers but had a sort out and sold quiet a few pairs of new trainers

Banned

if you've sold a number of trainers as new you could of flagged up as a business, try contacting them and explaining

dodgymix

I collect adidas trainers but had a sort out and sold quiet a few pairs … I collect adidas trainers but had a sort out and sold quiet a few pairs of new trainers

I doubt it would be that alone,i sell quite a bit of new stuff i buy and then don't want and end up selling on and i've never being asked to upgrade,have you been listing loads on the free listing days,like over a hundred items perhaps new and used as that will flag you up.

Banned

how long you been an ebay user? feedback of 2500 is hardly non business user like

What are the terms for being a business seller? I plan on selling a few items, but at least 1 of them is worth about £3k. None of these are new.

Banned

dodgymix

I collect adidas trainers but had a sort out and sold quiet a few pairs … I collect adidas trainers but had a sort out and sold quiet a few pairs of new trainers

how many's quite a few?

I think for genuine advise you need to lay the cards on the table. They dont just pluck this ebay business out of fresh air.

Original Poster

Sold about 15 pairs as in I had a clear out

Over years I have bought stuff to sell but I've been a member over 10 years and have 2600, probably 50/50 split buying selling.

I sold a pair a week ago and bloke emailed to say they didn't fit and he was sending them back threatening me with distance selling regs. I advised no refunds per listing and pointed out it's a private sale so distant selling regs didn't count.

Think it may be them to be honest who reported me
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427814638
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564087
    3. 02 priority33
    4. Leicester sack their manager!916

See more discussions