Ebay - business sold me faulty goods

can anyone help?! I bought a laptop charger a few months ago from ebay but after 2 months its stopped working, so I sent it back and they sent me a replacement. I had the replacement but it does not work properly and so I sent back. They said the one I sent back does work (they tested it apparently) but it doesnt work even though some power was coming from it.

Now they say theres no point sending me another one as the last one never worked (they say it does). So I am £25 down and I dont know what to do? I want a refund really now as they are useless

6 Comments

file a dispute against them with paypal if you still can. Or ask them for a refund or you'll go to paypal.

Original Poster

Thanks Tinks and duck. The chargers were a bit dodgy as there were sparks coming from the plug on the first one I had! I have asked them for a refund, they been quite rude so dont think they will give me one

I would e-mail them and threaten them with informing trading standards, as they are trading as a business. I should imagine they would give you a refund if they value their reputation

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4755267

You MUST inform TS they will be very interested as they are a business … You MUST inform TS they will be very interested as they are a business and it's a HS issue. Do notify the seller you will be putting his company forward to TS:thumbsup:

Thanks I will do! If I dont get anywhere I will name and shame them on here!

Original Poster

Just had an email back to say I will get a refund...still well out of pocket though with original postage (£5.50 and twice sending it back which came to £6.40). Still at least I am rid of them

bargainhunter2009;4755430

Just had an email back to say I will get a refund...still well out of … Just had an email back to say I will get a refund...still well out of pocket though with original postage (£5.50 and twice sending it back which came to £6.40). Still at least I am rid of them

if its faulty they MUST give you a FULL refund inc postage.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
    2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
    3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
    4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions