eBay buyer issues

Found 17th Jul
I sold a brand new unopened console game yesterday on eBay, the buyer messaged me today to say that they received it (within less than 24hrs of the sale may I add). They said they were really happy when they opened the parcel but when they looked on the back of the case there was still a reduced to clear sticker in place.
Now it is a new and still sealed PlayStation game and the reduced sticker was left on by mistake, it was listed via buy it now with free postage and there are more expensive listings posted and the item she purchased was around £4 cheaper than most. I also add a free mini bag of Haribo in all my parcels.

She is saying that I have now ripped her off.
She calculated the total cost adding the postage and the price of the game as displayed on the sticker and without putting it in as many words, is threatening me with poor feedback.

There is more to the story,....
I told her that my son forgot to remove the sticker and that he had bought these games to sell on for holiday money.
Her reply was “I’m sure it would be more beneficial for your son to earn some money in the holidays honestly by doing a few chores rather than ripping people off”

Has anyone else came across an idiot like this on eBay before ?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
If she has threatened you with negative feedback then eBay will remove it if you contact them.
The world is full of idiots, and the more you expose yourself to people, the more of the idiots you will meet.
Report her to ebay. Threatening poor feedback is extortion and against ebay rules.
Just tell her nobody forced her to buy it, she bought it out of her own will. If she got ripped off that's her fault.

I also don't think she understands that all businesses make money by buying low and selling as high as possible, if she doesn't like it maybe she shouldn't go shopping any more in case they make money off her.
Edited by: "master10" 17th Jul
master109 m ago

Just tell her nobody forced her to buy it, she bought it out of her own …Just tell her nobody forced her to buy it, she bought it out of her own will. If she got ripped off that's her fault.I also don't think she understands that all businesses make money by buying low and selling as high as possible, if she doesn't like it maybe she shouldn't go shopping any more in case they make money off her.

Terrible advice.
Do not tell her if she got ripped off it’s her own fault.... she did not get ripped off. The price was displayed, she agreed it was a price she was happy with when she clicked buy it now. By sending a message that says it’s her fault she got ripped off, you’re agreeing she got ripped off!
25 Comments
Allsorts mate , allsorts

Haribo are just a gum-rotting pile of sticky sugar ,swap em out , thats what upset her!
If she has threatened you with negative feedback then eBay will remove it if you contact them.
The world is full of idiots, and the more you expose yourself to people, the more of the idiots you will meet.
Report her to ebay. Threatening poor feedback is extortion and against ebay rules.
I'd ignore it. I realise you don't want poor feedback, but since it only appears for twelve months, it's really nothing to concern yourself over. The buyer decided to buy for the stated price, so no one was being ripped off. Future buyers will disregard any negative feedback if it is an isolated occurrence.
So your son bought the game for let’s say £10 and sold it for £15 but left a £10 sticker on? You was meant to take the sticker off in the first place so no one knows you got it cheap but your son messed up and left it on and now the buyer knows?

I wonder if they go into Argos and threaten with bad reviews because Argos bought the item cheaper and sold it for more.

I would find it a bit strange if I bought a game though and received Haribo jellies with it
Just tell her nobody forced her to buy it, she bought it out of her own will. If she got ripped off that's her fault.

I also don't think she understands that all businesses make money by buying low and selling as high as possible, if she doesn't like it maybe she shouldn't go shopping any more in case they make money off her.
Edited by: "master10" 17th Jul
I have her blocked and if she leaves a keg then I will get it removed.

I just couldn’t get over her thinking she was being ripped off.
It baffles me
master109 m ago

Just tell her nobody forced her to buy it, she bought it out of her own …Just tell her nobody forced her to buy it, she bought it out of her own will. If she got ripped off that's her fault.I also don't think she understands that all businesses make money by buying low and selling as high as possible, if she doesn't like it maybe she shouldn't go shopping any more in case they make money off her.

Terrible advice.
Do not tell her if she got ripped off it’s her own fault.... she did not get ripped off. The price was displayed, she agreed it was a price she was happy with when she clicked buy it now. By sending a message that says it’s her fault she got ripped off, you’re agreeing she got ripped off!
The additional fee was storage costs
What an absolute mug. Tell her to work for half price instead of ripping her employers off.
ceres17th Jul

.......plus eBay fees, Paypal fees, the cost of packaging materials, ….......plus eBay fees, Paypal fees, the cost of packaging materials, petrol to take it to the Post Office, the Haribos and your time. In fact, you made a loss on the item.

It was a joke. Calm down. See my advice.
Edited by: "choccie32" 20th Jul
She was happy to pay the price until she discovered how much was on the reduced sticker. She wasn’t ripped off she could have paid £4 more for the next one or anyone.She had a choice.
Plenty of avice here, let us know what the results are at eBay @JarrodWRX
You get this occasionally. Some people hate the fact that other people can make money selling things, it is as if they see it that only businesses could possibly make money selling something. Clearly a £4 difference in sale price to sticker price is breaking even or could be making a slight loss. I would have just replied selling fees, packaging and time are expenses and as such were factored in the overall sale price.
You must be able to understand why she feels that way. On a completely unrelated note, isn't it great how they don't use price labels at car boot sales..
Lots of people buy things and sell them on at a profit. That is how retail works. She is obviously a silly moo
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 17th Jul
I would state that you purchase all the items you sell for profit, and that by the time you pay your eBay fees you are only left with a few pounds. Highlight that the she obviously felt the price was appropriate or she would not have paid it.
I think she was shocked your son bought it cheaper than she did, she thought she got a bargain
Edited by: "fluidz" 17th Jul
Very, very stupid and ignorant. They should go into Apple and complain why they're making iPhone X's for £250 but selling for £1000

But yes, you find weird people like this, best thing to do is make sure you remove any sign of price next time you sell something. I've had someone return a phone because they felt 'sorry for me losing out on so much money'...........
Edited by: "sAmeri" 17th Jul
Does she really think everyone on ebay sell for a loss!.
Tell her you've had to relist it a few times and have made a loss, should she like to make a donation
Smeaton172417th Jul

You get this occasionally. Some people hate the fact that other people can …You get this occasionally. Some people hate the fact that other people can make money selling things, it is as if they see it that only businesses could possibly make money selling something. Clearly a £4 difference in sale price to sticker price is breaking even or could be making a slight loss. I would have just replied selling fees, packaging and time are expenses and as such were factored in the overall sale price.

true that, look at the state of hukd glitch threads.
FUAARRKK28 m ago

true that, look at the state of hukd glitch threads.

“Purchased 5 for sale on eBay” followed by someone usually getting all and telling the poster to have compassion/think of the children
Wait till she finds out how much it costs Manufacturers to make item compared to how much much they sell for

Printer ink for example is very cheap to make, literally it costs pennies to make but it's the most expensive liquids in the world
Edited by: "Norseg" 18th Jul
Thank you everyone for the advice, i blocked her from bidding or buying anything, just incase of any future issues. She didn’t get round to leaving any feedback as she said she was about to do. I think she was maybe waiting on me replying and maybe offering her a refund which isn’t going to happen.
If anything happens with regard to feedback then I will post an update.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants