eBay Buyer Non-Payment & Doesn't Want Item?

Found 22nd Oct 2012
Hey all,

Some utter bell-end bought an item from me a couple days ago which was on Buy It Now. After not receiving payment or hearing from them, I politely asked tonight whether they still want the item. I got a "sorry no" reply with no other explanation.

Qutie frankly, I've had this timewasting nonsense with others in the past but I was nice to the buyer and "cancelled" the transaction. Bit sick of this now though!

So my question to you lot is what is the quickest way I can cancel the transaction, make him/her get an unpaid strike on their account, and get my listing fee back?

Cheers
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
Open eBay dispute and email buyer to agree to get fees back.
take a hint u nobber i dont want it!
See, where you went wrong was asking whether they wanted it or not. Should have said "Wheres my ****in' money *****, I ****in' know where you live". < Copy and paste that somewhere safe for future reference.

HTH.
surely a non buyer gets bad feedback ? if not try and get his address, then i will go visit him and kick the **** out of him for you.
Edited by: "Daytrader" 22nd Oct 2012
I can give him bad feedback but not negative.

I'll have to wait a few days to open up a non payment dispute which, if he fails to comply, will get an unpaid mark against his account.

Unfortunately I just want to list the item as soon as possible so I've agreed to cancel the transaction now which annoyingly means he won't get any punishment from it.

Pretty **** but can't be bothered waiting a couple weeks.
Shengis

See, where you went wrong was asking whether they wanted it or not. … See, where you went wrong was asking whether they wanted it or not. Should have said "Wheres my ****in' money *****, I ****in' know where you live". < Copy and paste that somewhere safe for future reference.HTH.

and what if he replies saying the exact same thing. operation backfire. now your **** yourself
maccamuz

and what if he replies saying the exact same thing. operation backfire. … and what if he replies saying the exact same thing. operation backfire. now your **** yourself

Buyers don't get sellers address. Unless they're a business seller. But anyway i'd say bring it, save me a trip.
Shengis

Buyers don't get sellers address. Unless they're a business seller. But … Buyers don't get sellers address. Unless they're a business seller. But anyway i'd say bring it, save me a trip.

item location in listing is big clue
collectorcol

So Town or City will lead you to their address? X)

I reckon they'd then use the six degrees of separation X)
and you could possibly back track feedback from sellers who have sold something to the person in question and pay them off for address details

its not hard really
im not advising it you ****

someone recommended the base ball bat tactics earlier , i said dont bother cause theres always someone harder than you at the end of the day
Edited by: "maccamuz" 22nd Oct 2012
i would think buy it now is covered by the distance selling regulations so they could change their mind if they never wanted the item.. if how ever you sold it as a auction that would be different
chris2010uk

I can give him bad feedback but not negative.I'll have to wait a few days … I can give him bad feedback but not negative.I'll have to wait a few days to open up a non payment dispute which, if he fails to comply, will get an unpaid mark against his account.Unfortunately I just want to list the item as soon as possible so I've agreed to cancel the transaction now which annoyingly means he won't get any punishment from it.Pretty **** but can't be bothered waiting a couple weeks.

Have you set your 'Buyer requirements' to exclude bidders/buyers with more than two strikes in a year?

If you haven't, then the guy may well have 3 or 4 strikes already and still be able to bid/buy from you.

Personally, I wouldn't leave give the guy another positive (with a neg comment). Whenever I see that, I usually think that the seller has no idea how ebay works and attracts more time wasters. It just tells me that the guy didn't pay and you didn't do a NPB.

collectorcol

You're giving stupid advice on how to obtain someone's address FACT!Well … You're giving stupid advice on how to obtain someone's address FACT!Well I'm harder than you, guaranteed, and if you call me a **** again I will find you and I will kill you! X)

larrylightweight

i would think buy it now is covered by the distance selling regulations … i would think buy it now is covered by the distance selling regulations so they could change their mind if they never wanted the item.. if how ever you sold it as a auction that would be different

True if the OP is a business. However ebay stupidly only allow sellers to do a NPB or send a cancellation request to get their fees back, for the latter, the buyer can (even though agreeing), refuse the cancellation request.
Acx

Have you set your 'Buyer requirements' to exclude bidders/buyers with … Have you set your 'Buyer requirements' to exclude bidders/buyers with more than two strikes in a year? If you haven't, then the guy may well have 3 or 4 strikes already and still be able to bid/buy from you. Personally, I wouldn't leave give the guy another positive (with a neg comment). Whenever I see that, I usually think that the seller has no idea how ebay works and attracts more time wasters. It just tells me that the guy didn't pay and you didn't do a NPB.

Yeo, and this guy doesn't have any history of non payment apparently.

Infuriating though why they do it on BIN! Surely they should think it through before buying.
chris2010uk

Yeo, and this guy doesn't have any history of non payment … Yeo, and this guy doesn't have any history of non payment apparently.Infuriating though why they do it on BIN! Surely they should think it through before buying.

Totally agree. How someone can do a BIN and not pay is beyond me.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants