Ebay - Buyer return query

Found 6th Apr
Sold an item - buyer not able to use correctly (streaming box) refund requested as item not working correctly - I initially offered a partial refund via ebay system- no response - then agreed a refund of sale price only via ebay chat upon return of item - funds are held/frozen atm how should i proceed?

Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
Buyer has to open a return request. Send back the item using prepaid label ebay generates (you seller are charged for it since the reason is the item is faulty/not as described according to the buyer) and upload tracking. Once you have it back then you refund. Simple.
You can't refund and shouldn't until you have the item back!

Even if they don't do anything ebay will want them to send it back before a refund is sent so all you can do is wait.
If they don't send back anything they won't get a refund.
The money will then be released when ebay decides the case is closed because the buyer didn't return the item.
Edited by: "hearts22" 6th Apr
Original Poster
the buyer did open one - i then responded with a partial refund offer - no response - other than the discussion via ebay chat where she agreed to only receive a refund of the sale price and return at her own cost - return request is still open awaiting her response to my initial partial refund offer and item is en route back to me
Gunshow50 m ago

the buyer did open one - i then responded with a partial refund offer - no …the buyer did open one - i then responded with a partial refund offer - no response - other than the discussion via ebay chat where she agreed to only receive a refund of the sale price and return at her own cost - return request is still open awaiting her response to my initial partial refund offer and item is en route back to me

Well if she sent it back it seems obvious to me she wants a full refund. A partial refund is given when the buyer decides to keep the item.
Did she upload the tracking? The money will be refunded when the tracking shows delivered.
Original Poster
Yeah we've agreed a full refund (excluding shipping) problem is she hasn't responded to the partial offer. Meaning the funds are still held (she has until 19th to respond)
Then the funds will be released after then. Just refund when the money is available. Explain it to her and leave everything to her. You can't do much else at this point.
If she's sent it back using the eBay that she paid for from eBay then the label tracking will automatically update when you have the item back. You then get 6 days to refund. Unfortunately you only get the option to refund in full.

Does the case have any tracking info on for the return?
She does not seem dodgy, like you said she does not know how to use the streaming box, sometimes life throws you and of these situations.

In a few weeks it will be a distant memory.
Original Poster
yeah she is genuine - it is just confusing how to resolve it to suit our situation - i guess if she does respond - declines my partial refund offer and escalates it, then I'd have to cover her shipping (together with the original shipping) which is not what we have agreed
Gunshow12 h, 38 m ago

yeah she is genuine - it is just confusing how to resolve it to suit our …yeah she is genuine - it is just confusing how to resolve it to suit our situation - i guess if she does respond - declines my partial refund offer and escalates it, then I'd have to cover her shipping (together with the original shipping) which is not what we have agreed

Should have had her open a return as a change of mind... So she would have been charged for the return postage saving you all this trouble.

She should have closed the return request for item not as described before posting the item back and when you agreed on a refund minus return postage. She could have then opened a return request for change of mind.
I'm not sure if she can change the reason for the return now by contacting eBay...

If I was the buyer and had created this mess I would leave it as it is by now. would let you refund the postage too then just send you the postage fee back as a family and friends payment as I would feel responsible for the mistake made when opening the return request.
Edited by: "hearts22" 8th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions