Expired

eBay buyer saying not received item which has tracked as delivered.

Found 28th Nov 2014
I sold something on eBay which the buyer paid for by Paypal. I sent by Hermes and I imported the address automatically.
The address is a business address and in the PayPal payment he has put:

[Name of Business] [Mr. xxxxx]
[Address]

Mr. xxxxx is not the buyer's name. It was not entered into Hermes delivery address only the buyer's name. The buyer is now saying he has not received the item. It has tracked as delivered on Hermes. I contacted Hermes Customer Service and they are saying it has confirmed and delivered. The buyer asked for the name of the signature and they said it was the buyer's name.

The buyer is saying its my fault because I didn't enter the Mr. XXXX on the PayPal payment. I do not feel that it is. It says that the item is eligible for Seller Protection. I'm just wondering if the buy opens a claim will I lose?

The buyer is Austrian and his English isn't very good which isn't helping matters.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Original Poster
It does not say confirmed by the address but it says that its eligible for seller protection. Does it make a difference?
as long as you have tracking number and status of delivered with signature I'd say you would win
As a buyer this has happened to me, the delivery driver signed for it and my Doc Martins were gone (probably into the back of his car). I contacted the seller, hermes and the police. Sometimes people are being honest, sometimes they aren't. I received the docs 2 months later
Banned
Wrong!!! even if you have a signiture stating it has been delivered, if the buyer claims there could not have been anyone in to sign as they were at work, eBay will refund the buyer and you will lose out!
Original Poster

In this case the buyer has the item delivered to a friend at a business address (his workplace?). Anyone could have signed for it and I don't see how its my fault or Hermes for that matter.

Deek43

As a buyer this has happened to me, the delivery driver signed for it … As a buyer this has happened to me, the delivery driver signed for it and my Doc Martins were gone (probably into the back of his car). I contacted the seller, hermes and the police. Sometimes people are being honest, sometimes they aren't. I received the docs 2 months later

Original Poster

This isn't right. If you provide a tracking number they close the case in the seller's favour. Besides he couldn't claim there was no one in to sign for it as it was a business address of a freight company as it happens.

damo1972

Wrong!!! even if you have a signiture stating it has been delivered, if … Wrong!!! even if you have a signiture stating it has been delivered, if the buyer claims there could not have been anyone in to sign as they were at work, eBay will refund the buyer and you will lose out!

Banned
Wrong!! been there got the t shirt, twice Ive been stung as a seller despite send to the verified PayPal address. Once the courier was myhermes and the second time Royal Mail, both time I lost my item, postage and money! I have an eBay feedback rating of 2000+. Now I only sell Collection only. eBay is a joke
This could also be the current trick of buyer saying not received. given you have a tracking number and a signed for you'll not loose out and eBay will give seller and buyer the money aback. seller gets to keep goods as well. just give eBay everything you have if buyer opens a case. its been happening a lot with old bike parts and not as described and not delivered parts etc..
also if it is opened, ring eBay it helps a lot more than just emails.
Original Poster

No it just happened to be a freight company.

ceres

If you click on the help for Seller Protection Eligiblity you'll get all … If you click on the help for Seller Protection Eligiblity you'll get all the conditions you have to meet. Confirmed address isn't a requirement - sending to the exact name and address on the Transaction Details page is.Have you posted to a forwarding company that is shipping the item to your buyer overseas?

Edited by: "DistortedVision" 28th Nov 2014
Can you get a copy of the siged document from Hermes with the customers signature on it.
You should be able to get an electronic signature via the Hermes site - I did when my parcel went astray. Mind you, they must have been thick cus they signed Grey and my name is Green
Original Poster
The buyer has opened a PayPal claim. I've entered the tracking number and the electronic signature from Hermes. Hopefully its going to be settled in my favour.
Banned
Same here I sold something on eBay and its been signed for and delivered but his saying his not received and that there was no one in the house but clearly there was someone in the house as it was signed for. Me and the buyer have had an argument over this. However he does not have a leg to stand on as it was sent to the confirmed name and address on PayPal. I do not know why people have to lie over these things when you clearly have evidence and proof that it has been delivered and signed for, they are just scammers as far as I am concerned.
callmethelegend

Same here I sold something on eBay and its been signed for and delivered … Same here I sold something on eBay and its been signed for and delivered but his saying his not received and that there was no one in the house but clearly there was someone in the house as it was signed for. Me and the buyer have had an argument over this. However he does not have a leg to stand on as it was sent to the confirmed name and address on PayPal. I do not know why people have to lie over these things when you clearly have evidence and proof that it has been delivered and signed for, they are just scammers as far as I am concerned.

its not always the way. I know a few DPD, and other firm drivers. its a constant hassle reaching targeted drops. so along of the times they just sign it before delivery to hit there targets. also a other problem is parcels are stolen all the time by drivers and recipients. so u just don't really know.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions