EXPIRED

Ebay buyer wants me to send to different address...advise please?

Hi, I've just sold a ps3 on ebay for £150 and the buyer has asked my to send it to a different address because they forgot to change the address during checkout. I'll be sending it via UPS couriers with insurance and i just wanted to know if i keep the email from the buyer and as long as i've got proof of delivery will it be safe to send?

Thanks for any help.

10 Comments

only send to paypal confirmed address to cover yourself through the paypal protection thingy.
or get them to update the paypal information with the new address first.
Edited by: "geegee-pinata" 26th Oct 2010

geegee-pinata

only send to paypal confirmed address to cover yourself through the … only send to paypal confirmed address to cover yourself through the paypal protection thingy.

this is right

Original Poster

Thank you both for your help. Will i have to refund the payment and get them to pay for it again with there new address?

geegee-pinata

only send to paypal confirmed address to cover yourself through the … only send to paypal confirmed address to cover yourself through the paypal protection thingy.

+1... I too agree with this! Have been stung by sending to another address before (they did a chargeback after receiving - ending up with both the item AND their moeny back!), so would certainly not recommend it.

Yep, tell him it's the Paypal address or no deal. I did this recently to a buyer for the same reason and sent a second place offer to the next bidder - he bought the item and the deal went through ok. I'd strongly advise doing this. You can mail ebay so you don't pay final fees twice.

The guy was alright about it but who's to know if he was genuine or not, especially now you can't leave neg feedback for dodgy buyers
Edited by: "tallpete33" 26th Oct 2010

I think if they just update the address via paypal you wouldn't have to refund. Ask them to do that first, if they are not playing ball, just refund and sell again. contact ebay to refund your fees. Also if they did leave neg feedback, ebay would delete it as their guidelines say only send to confirmed addresses.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your advise. I'm just about to send them an email. I'll let you know what happens.

Original Poster

All sorted...i refunded the buyer and he paid again with the correct address. Thanks everyone.

Banned

But the new address won't be confirmed. New address can't be confirmed till they receive a letter from paypal and input the code in the letter. Could be a hacked pay pal account. But i guess you've sent it now.

Original Poster

His address is showing as confirmed so it's all good :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523408
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17366130
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661374
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1011

See more discussions