Ebay buyer with worst feedback ever

Found 7th Jun
Their feedback reads so funny. Ebay name ‘jimmychew2666’... but I have an auction item starting at £10.99, ending on Sunday. For past 2 days this bidder/ buyer has been emailing me saying they’re offering a tenner, please send an invoice. I keep replying ‘ no thank you. Regards’
As you can’t leave neg feedback for buyers all this bidders feedback is ‘technically’ positive, so how do I avoid a bad situation as described in their feedback and stop them bidding? I think there’s a way of blocking a certain bidder, but think that can only be done if there’s been an actual transaction between you- hope I’m wrong! Any help appreciated. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Thank you both. I’ve blocked them
Can I piggyback this thread please? I’ve had an eBay account for about 15 years and 100% positive feedback on about 500 items. Recently I’ve been doubting the way best offers work.
For example. I’m interested in buying a boss Leather belt which has an auction starting price of £17.50 (no bids as yet) with 1 day to go, the listing also has a best offer option. do I use the best offer option and offer £15 or is the best offer option only to be used for offers over the auction starting price. If that makes sense.
Best offer can be less or more than starting price
Toptrumpet19 m ago

Can I piggyback this thread please? I’ve had an eBay account for about 15 y …Can I piggyback this thread please? I’ve had an eBay account for about 15 years and 100% positive feedback on about 500 items. Recently I’ve been doubting the way best offers work.For example. I’m interested in buying a boss Leather belt which has an auction starting price of £17.50 (no bids as yet) with 1 day to go, the listing also has a best offer option. do I use the best offer option and offer £15 or is the best offer option only to be used for offers over the auction starting price. If that makes sense.

Hey Tops,
You can offer less then the start price. For instance couple of years ago I bought a second hand laptop.
Seller wanted £130.
I offered £100.
seller accepted straight away n I was abit gutted as thought I could have probs offered less and it still would have been accepted.
So offer lower then what you want to pay. Seller can counter offer or accept.
You can make 3 offers total so save your best offer till your 3rd offer

i havent used best offers in a year so it may have changed but doubt it
Toptrumpet22 m ago

Can I piggyback this thread please? I’ve had an eBay account for about 15 y …Can I piggyback this thread please? I’ve had an eBay account for about 15 years and 100% positive feedback on about 500 items. Recently I’ve been doubting the way best offers work.For example. I’m interested in buying a boss Leather belt which has an auction starting price of £17.50 (no bids as yet) with 1 day to go, the listing also has a best offer option. do I use the best offer option and offer £15 or is the best offer option only to be used for offers over the auction starting price. If that makes sense.

doesnt matter you can offer £1, a penny even, unlikely they will accept it
I’ve started to report more and more scam sellers.The other day a seller was selling £100 3 wheel golf trolleys in different colours for BIN £21.99. They’d sold 48 in just a few hours. It was an obvious scam but the report function only gave drop down scenarios rather than add your own comments which should be an option. This listing was taken down with 2-3 hours, at least eBay are monitoring the report area
Oh and overseas (mainly Chinese) sellers showing a UK location and stating dispatch from within UK, only to find 3 weeks later item still not arrived and a please be patient response to any refund request.
LeahsMintytoutou29 m ago

Hey Tops, You can offer less then the start price. For instance couple of …Hey Tops, You can offer less then the start price. For instance couple of years ago I bought a second hand laptop. Seller wanted £130. I offered £100.seller accepted straight away n I was abit gutted as thought I could have probs offered less and it still would have been accepted. So offer lower then what you want to pay. Seller can counter offer or accept. You can make 3 offers total so save your best offer till your 3rd offer i havent used best offers in a year so it may have changed but doubt it

Not necessarily- I accepted a low offer on an auction item. I was on the train home and had had a large glass of wine in town
Toptrumpet15 m ago

Oh and overseas (mainly Chinese) sellers showing a UK location and …Oh and overseas (mainly Chinese) sellers showing a UK location and stating dispatch from within UK, only to find 3 weeks later item still not arrived and a please be patient response to any refund request.

I called them a few days ago about something else. Whilst I was on I told them about a listing for 10 car light bulbs, but if you read the description it said you get 4. They said they'll take a look.

It's still there

ebay.co.uk/p/T…079
deeky36 m ago

I called them a few days ago about something else. Whilst I was on I told …I called them a few days ago about something else. Whilst I was on I told them about a listing for 10 car light bulbs, but if you read the description it said you get 4. They said they'll take a look.It's still therehttps://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Ten-of-580-Capless-Car-Bulb-Tail-Brake-Bulbs-12v-21-5w/1772599079

Customer services for these places are useless it seems. Amazon seems to be the same when your telling them about an item that has conflicting info in title to description
juggler154 m ago

Not necessarily- I accepted a low offer on an auction item. I was on the …Not necessarily- I accepted a low offer on an auction item. I was on the train home and had had a large glass of wine in town

Drinking an eBay is dangerous
LeahsMintytoutou12 m ago

Customer services for these places are useless it seems. … Customer services for these places are useless it seems. Amazon seems to be the same when your telling them about an item that has conflicting info in title to description

Yeah, I’m just mid-nightmare with Amazon about an item not being as described
Toptrumpet1 h, 8 m ago

I’ve started to report more and more scam sellers.The other day a seller w …I’ve started to report more and more scam sellers.The other day a seller was selling £100 3 wheel golf trolleys in different colours for BIN £21.99. They’d sold 48 in just a few hours. It was an obvious scam but the report function only gave drop down scenarios rather than add your own comments which should be an option. This listing was taken down with 2-3 hours, at least eBay are monitoring the report area

It’s good that people like yourself take the time and trouble to report
I’m by no means an expert on eBay, but some of these listings are obvious scams (especially trainers that have Adidas/Nike logos that are for sale for £9.99).The way they word the headline is devious to say the least, I just report them under the trademark drop down option, if in doubt I would say just report any suspicious listing by hitting REPORT ITEM which is hidden toward the bottom of the listing on the right hand side in small blue lettering.
juggler113 m ago

Yeah, I’m just mid-nightmare with Amazon about an item not being as d …Yeah, I’m just mid-nightmare with Amazon about an item not being as described

In my experience Amazon have been good with me with things being faulty. I seem to have issues printing out the return stickers though so I've got some stuff I've not bothered returning and it's gone the time I have to return now. Plus the scare tactics they seem to be using by banning people that return too much. I won't b renewing prime I shall just get a trial next time I think. Hope your thing turns out ok and in your favour
LeahsMintytoutou2 h, 30 m ago

In my experience Amazon have been good with me with things being faulty. I …In my experience Amazon have been good with me with things being faulty. I seem to have issues printing out the return stickers though so I've got some stuff I've not bothered returning and it's gone the time I have to return now. Plus the scare tactics they seem to be using by banning people that return too much. I won't b renewing prime I shall just get a trial next time I think. Hope your thing turns out ok and in your favour

Aww thanks Leah. It’s ( partly) my fault. I was really ill over Easter and I never checked that my brand new ipad was as it should be. Turned out to be a non-uk device, with seller calling themselves a name suggestive of non-foreign, but seller’s small print said I only had 30 days to return, and it was 32 days when I got around to opening Amazon have decided in sellers favour and my credit card are now dealing with it. Nightmare, but I’m a single parent, run a business, was knocked sideways with a raging temperature ( flu). So had to prioritise the few tasks a day I could manage, and just didn’t check it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants