Ebay buyers just infuriating!

Found 24th May
what happened to happy buyers! I just sold an insert for a pram that I realised I bought a duplicate of, the woman left me negative feedback because it "arrived late"
I messaged her to explain that I had it couriered and it was collected not more than 12 hours after she won...nope, didnt matter. refuses to change her feedback.
The tracking indicates that they tried her door 3 days in a row and couldn't get anyone. she insists she was in so won't change it.

she did say she'd "consider" changing it if I complained to the courier myself and also I am at fault because I never once thought to message her and check it was a received ok (is that a thing?!) - for the record I did follow the tracking.

im sitting here 38 weeks pregnant, and grumpy ...i'm not contacting the courier to complain on your behalf, I'll suck up the negative. I just dont have the energy. I'm so fair with my feedback, the seller would really have to screw up for even neutral!

I've had courier issues in the past...we all have! but never once reflected that in my feedback (perhaps a message to the seller to let them know) - and ive definitely complained to the courier myself.

im ranting... if i'm wrongly ranting feel free to tell me! (at least I got my daily rant out early today, save me trying to come up with something later )
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
thanks to @hearts22 suggestion, I contacted eBay and they have removed feedback on the basis that I clearly sent the item in a very timely manner and the buyer was being uncooperative and unreasonable! feeling slightly less grumpy now she has also been sent a message by eBay explaining the feedback protocol and why hers was removed.
See if eBay will remove it. Call them up if you want. It's really a stupid reason to leave a negative feedback especially since she missed the delivery three times in a row.
Otherwise leave a follow up comment and anyone reading will see she's just an idiot.
Edited by: "hearts22" 24th May
Nat_urally6 m ago

thanks to @hearts22 suggestion, I contacted eBay and they have removed …thanks to @hearts22 suggestion, I contacted eBay and they have removed feedback on the basis that I clearly sent the item in a very timely manner and the buyer was being uncooperative and unreasonable! feeling slightly less grumpy now she has also been sent a message by eBay explaining the feedback protocol and why hers was removed.

It's reassuring to hear that eBay will intervene in such cases, glad you got a result.
I just had a difficult/moron buyer. I gave them two options to continue with the sale (they wanted to ship to a different address- a known scammy trick). I could either cancel the sale (then they could reorder if they want with new address) or I could continue to post to original address.

Buyer replies "ok"

I msg "sorry what do you want me to do... post to original address or cancel so you can reorder to new address, let me know asap"

Buyer replies "yes"

..... cancel sale, block bidder
32 Comments
See if eBay will remove it. Call them up if you want. It's really a stupid reason to leave a negative feedback especially since she missed the delivery three times in a row.
Otherwise leave a follow up comment and anyone reading will see she's just an idiot.
Edited by: "hearts22" 24th May
Was it Dpd
I always use ebay shipping as tracking just happens and dispatch and receipt are marked automatically for both buyer and seller. As for negative feedback get in touch with eBay but most reading will realise that this persons ducks bark . Don't let it get to you. Mental health and behaviour problems are common and some people spend their day being unreasonable. Have you forgotten. nowt so queer as folk
Edited by: "wayners" 24th May
hearts2212 m ago

See if eBay will remove it. Call them up if you want. It's really a stupid …See if eBay will remove it. Call them up if you want. It's really a stupid reason to leave a negative feedback especially since she missed the delivery three times in a row.Otherwise leave a follow up comment and anyone reading will see she's just an idiot.

I hadn't really considered they'd remove it to be honest! i submitted a feedback review request to her so i'm guessing they might make me wait until the time to respond to that is done. though from her messages its obvious she won't. I just think that even if the courier messed up and she was actually in...its still not my fault! but "delay - please wait 24 hours" is always what mine says when I miss it.
I'll definitely contact eBay and see what they can do though. thank you
wayners5 m ago

I always use ebay shipping as tracking just happens and dispatch and …I always use ebay shipping as tracking just happens and dispatch and receipt are marked automatically for both buyer and seller. As for negative feedback get in touch with eBay but most reading will realise that this persons ducks bark . Don't let it get to you. Mental health and behaviour problems are common and some people spend their day being unreasonable. Have you forgotten. nowt so queer as folk

Yes, I do prefer shipping through eBay too for that reason! I had to go Hermes this time...same idea with marking the despatch and receipt, but I tracked it independently too. they aernt perfect by any means, but still a courier issue. (although i'm lucky that my local Hermes driver is a star!) Its fair actually that I could have contacted the courier to complain on her behalf in the time its taken me to rant...but...principles haha.
It's very unfair, hopefully ebay will remove it, but I wouldn't worry as I'm sure most ebayers like me will read the negatives and ignore the stupid ones like that.

I don't think I've ever left a negative on ebay yet, always contact seller first and most are happy to help with any issues.
Anything like a bulky/difficult to post item I list as ''collection only'' and only accept payment at the collection, it is the only way to avoid risk as a seller. I get messages asking to post to all sorts of places, some quite nasty that I don't offer a postage option. I have been stung before by people who won't pay for quality delivery services or things get damaged by the courier and then the buyer complains when they get poor service and they rarely allow any time for issues to be resolved.

I have even had someone complain when a package arrived 'early' and they wanted a refund on postage because ''I should have used a cheaper method''.
Edited by: "Smeaton1724" 24th May
can you still post responses to feed back on ebay? I would do that and call it a day if eBay wont remove thw feedback.
Edited by: "catbeans" 24th May
I just had a difficult/moron buyer. I gave them two options to continue with the sale (they wanted to ship to a different address- a known scammy trick). I could either cancel the sale (then they could reorder if they want with new address) or I could continue to post to original address.

Buyer replies "ok"

I msg "sorry what do you want me to do... post to original address or cancel so you can reorder to new address, let me know asap"

Buyer replies "yes"

..... cancel sale, block bidder
Smeaton172424th May

Anything like a bulky/difficult to post item I list as ''collection only'' …Anything like a bulky/difficult to post item I list as ''collection only'' and only accept payment at the collection, it is the only way to avoid risk as a seller. I get messages asking to post to all sorts of places, some quite nasty that I don't offer a postage option. I have been stung before by people who won't pay for quality delivery services or things get damaged by the courier and then the buyer complains when they get poor service and they rarely allow any time for issues to be resolved. I have even had someone complain when a package arrived 'early' and they wanted a refund on postage because ''I should have used a cheaper method''.

Oh wow! thats definitely worse! how dare your item arrive early honestly, some people are unreal. its an over used phrase but you really do lose faith in humanity sometimes! I usually post these things on gumtree for a week, if they dont sell then I put them on eBay for postage. much prefer gumtree to be honest, face to face interaction garners a lot less idiot like behaviour than keyboard warriors!
Nat_urally8 m ago

Oh wow! thats definitely worse! how dare your item arrive early Oh wow! thats definitely worse! how dare your item arrive early honestly, some people are unreal. its an over used phrase but you really do lose faith in humanity sometimes! I usually post these things on gumtree for a week, if they dont sell then I put them on eBay for postage. much prefer gumtree to be honest, face to face interaction garners a lot less idiot like behaviour than keyboard warriors!

Gumtree is ok, I tend to put items on around the 20th of the month and leave for 2 weeks, I find people look locally a week or so before payday which often falls the end of the month and then they follow through with a purchase when they have been paid.
thanks to @hearts22 suggestion, I contacted eBay and they have removed feedback on the basis that I clearly sent the item in a very timely manner and the buyer was being uncooperative and unreasonable! feeling slightly less grumpy now she has also been sent a message by eBay explaining the feedback protocol and why hers was removed.
Nat_urally6 m ago

thanks to @hearts22 suggestion, I contacted eBay and they have removed …thanks to @hearts22 suggestion, I contacted eBay and they have removed feedback on the basis that I clearly sent the item in a very timely manner and the buyer was being uncooperative and unreasonable! feeling slightly less grumpy now she has also been sent a message by eBay explaining the feedback protocol and why hers was removed.

It's reassuring to hear that eBay will intervene in such cases, glad you got a result.
Just type this in th response to her feedback. Make sure it is in capitols so it stands out for others to see.

"BUYER WAS NOT IN FOR COURIER 3 DAYS ON THE TROT. BUYER AT FAULT"

Edit: Just saw you got a result. Anyhoo, keep this for the future. It's free
Edited by: "artnada" 24th May
Nat_urally1 h, 34 m ago

Happy for you . Reading about such stupid people makes me mad
jaketheplumber1 h, 51 m ago

It's reassuring to hear that eBay will intervene in such cases, glad you …It's reassuring to hear that eBay will intervene in such cases, glad you got a result.

agreed, to be honest I wasn't 100% certain they would! but they were more than happy to after reviewing the tracking information and actually thanked me for reporting it and making sure sellers weren't penalised by "unruly buyers"!
artnada58 m ago

Just type this in th response to her feedback. Make sure it is in capitols …Just type this in th response to her feedback. Make sure it is in capitols so it stands out for others to see. "BUYER WAS NOT IN FOR COURIER 3 DAYS ON THE TROT. BUYER AT FAULT"Edit: Just saw you got a result. Anyhoo, keep this for the future. It's free

ever so kind! I have copied and pasted and it will live on my desktop waiting for the opportune moment I can pounce on the next wayward buyer! love a freebie!
Nat_urally2 h, 1 m ago

agreed, to be honest I wasn't 100% certain they would! but they were more …agreed, to be honest I wasn't 100% certain they would! but they were more than happy to after reviewing the tracking information and actually thanked me for reporting it and making sure sellers weren't penalised by "unruly buyers"!

They don't seem to be bad if you use their delivery services. I sent a Wii U which the buyer claimed to have not received. They opened a claim. I contacted ebay and within 5 minutes their claim was denied because the tracking showed delivered. Funnily enough, the buyer found it then
Oh come on OP

You state the buyer is a she.... there's your problem right there!!!

Doesn't matter if you are male or female - when a woman gets her knickers in a twist and is upset by bad service you could buy her a dozen roses, take her out for an expensive meal and she still won't never, ever let you forget it even if the evidence has been substantially proven that she was wr

Oh wait for some reason the system will not allow me to use she/female/woman + gnorw (<<backwards) in the same comment

^^^^humour^^^^^ get over it

ps I'm guessing you knew you were pregnant Hope it's a pleasant birth and many happy years of fun....such fun
I am a private seller but been selling for years and had a couple of negatives in that time. The stupidest negative though was when I sold an unwanted cosmetic item (was an unused gift and it was fully sealed). The buyer opened it, used it and decided they didn’t like it and wanted me to pay them to return it and refund them. I told them no as there wasn’t anything wrong with it and I’m not the manufacturer or a business so they left a negative. I just brushed it off as some people are idiots and you can’t please them all
I sold a PlayStation Camera, received a message 4 years later - ''pls give me money it suddenly stop workin''.
Did you not meet these human mutations at school as you were growing up?!
Good to see a resolve here. Not all buyers are spanners though so keep your head up
Why do you care that much? Ignore negative people
Merry00041 m ago

Presumably, because feedback is the primary measure that other users will use to judge who they choose to do business with - any negative feedback will be a deterrent.
Merry0001 h, 40 m ago

For precisely the reason mentioned above. Else why would we even bother having feedback systems at all? I’m not just getting grumpy over someone being a pillock for fun. I have a 100% feedback score and intend to keep it that way.
Nat_urally30 m ago

For precisely the reason mentioned above. Else why would we even bother …For precisely the reason mentioned above. Else why would we even bother having feedback systems at all? I’m not just getting grumpy over someone being a pillock for fun. I have a 100% feedback score and intend to keep it that way.

I would honestly be more annoyed at the stupidity of the buyer than the negative feedback, I mean she can clearly see from the tracking when it was sent.
StevenBrown57 m ago

I would honestly be more annoyed at the stupidity of the buyer than the …I would honestly be more annoyed at the stupidity of the buyer than the negative feedback, I mean she can clearly see from the tracking when it was sent.

Well yeah, her attitude irked me more than anything! Explaining that didn’t make any difference. And insisting I should have messaged her daily to ensure she received the item was just... people are just eejits!
I think the problem is more scammers and people are just rude/impatient, just have to accept if you're going to sell regularly on ebay this will sometimes happen, just don't take it personally and move on, otherwise quit ebay.
I did for a long time just for this reason, now only sell the occasional high value item with collection only.
Just you concentrate on yourself and have your baby, that's most important at the moment.

Then in a few weeks when your hopefully feeling better...

you've still got her address, send "the boys" round for a visit.

All the best with the baby xxx
Merry00024th May

What a ridiculous comment.
hibees3 h, 33 m ago

Just you concentrate on yourself and have your baby, that's most important …Just you concentrate on yourself and have your baby, that's most important at the moment.Then in a few weeks when your hopefully feeling better...you've still got her address, send "the boys" round for a visit.All the best with the baby xxx

Haha! Bless you. Thank you
The heavies are on standby Xx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants