Expired

ebay, cam't leave neutral feedback for a qualified seller within 7 days of end of transaction.

Found 13th Nov 2014
does anyone know why you can't leave neutral or negative feedback for an itm sold by a qualified seller within 7 days of the transaction ends time? I bought 2 items from a seller on ebay on sunday, paid straight away, postage time stated that they will normally dispatch within 1 working day of payment, they took 3 to dispatch it.I've tried to leave neutral feedback as the item itself is fine and I don't need to send it back so don't wish to contact the seller, I'll just wait until it will let me leave the feedback but just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
16 Comments
If the item is fine, is an extra 2 days wait for it really not acceptable? Perhaps they had an issue getting to the post office (Sickness etc) If it was over a week, then I'd understand.
Original Poster
chuckiedoll

If the item is fine, is an extra 2 days wait for it really not … If the item is fine, is an extra 2 days wait for it really not acceptable? Perhaps they had an issue getting to the post office (Sickness etc) If it was over a week, then I'd understand.

it's a business outlet not a private seller, and a large business at that. I wouldn't expect to receive positive feedback if I was 2 days late posting an item, or I would have contacted the buyer to explain I would be late posting. My question was why it doesn't let you leave neutral or negative feedback anyway.
Because those businesses are their life and morons like you abuse the system over minor things. No blood was lost was there?
Can you post your EBay ID so I can add you to blocked bidders.
It is because Ebay don't want you to rush in with neg or neutral. It gives time for an issue. if any, to be put right. (eg: you communicating and finding a valid reason for whatever may be wrong)

Bit over the top surely
Also says normally which doesn't mean every single time
You could contact the seller saying why you are planning to give neutral feedback and they may give you a response that might change your mind. Eg. A coupon for next time, or even a valid reason or apology .... Otherwise wait give the neutral feedback and you get nothing
Dispatch means nothing, what was their delivery times?

I dispatch a lot of items the same day but state delivery is within 5 working days. Some of those items do not get dispatched for 2-3 days after the order but they still get their item within the 5 working day FREE delivery time limit every time.

If the person needs immediate dispatch I have an express delivery option which states same day dispatch and next day delivery if you order by a certain time.

Ignore dispatch times and look at the delivery time they have stated.
Original Poster
master10

Because those businesses are their life and morons like you abuse the … Because those businesses are their life and morons like you abuse the system over minor things. No blood was lost was there?

wow, really any need. Ask a question and get a response like that, abuse the system? Maybe if it is their life they should have a bit more regard for customer service! When I say a business I mean large retailer, not a business set up but an individual to run on ebay.
Original Poster
Ellie Phant

It is because Ebay don't want you to rush in with neg or neutral. It … It is because Ebay don't want you to rush in with neg or neutral. It gives time for an issue. if any, to be put right. (eg: you communicating and finding a valid reason for whatever may be wrong)

thank you for a proper answer to the question asked!
Original Poster
NEtech

Dispatch means nothing, what was their delivery times?I dispatch a lot of … Dispatch means nothing, what was their delivery times?I dispatch a lot of items the same day but state delivery is within 5 working days. Some of those items do not get dispatched for 2-3 days after the order but they still get their item within the 5 working day FREE delivery time limit every time.If the person needs immediate dispatch I have an express delivery option which states same day dispatch and next day delivery if you order by a certain time.Ignore dispatch times and look at the delivery time they have stated.

I can't find a delivery time stated, just says dispatch in 1 working day with royal mail 24.
Banned
As Ellie Phant says to enable a seller the opportunity to put a problem right. This is obviously not going to happen as you have made your mind up but as you see from the response most people here think it is unreasonable to leave negative / neutral feedback for a 2 day delay.

Maybe email them and ask for the reason why and make a more informed decision, life isn't perfect for anyone whether personal or business and they may just have a valid reason for delay. Illness may have played a part, I am sure even if it is a large retailer that the Ebay department would be relatively small in comparison and may have had something to do with it but we don't know, maybe they had phone lines / internet down for a day and delayed them, who knows. If you think it is reasonable to leave such feedback for a 2 day delay then that is your perogative but I wouldn't be chuffed to get such for a 2 day delay that may be beyond my control.
Original Poster
konimitsu

As Ellie Phant says to enable a seller the opportunity to put a problem … As Ellie Phant says to enable a seller the opportunity to put a problem right. This is obviously not going to happen as you have made your mind up but as you see from the response most people here think it is unreasonable to leave negative / neutral feedback for a 2 day delay.Maybe email them and ask for the reason why and make a more informed decision, life isn't perfect for anyone whether personal or business and they may just have a valid reason for delay. Illness may have played a part, I am sure even if it is a large retailer that the Ebay department would be relatively small in comparison and may have had something to do with it but we don't know, maybe they had phone lines / internet down for a day and delayed them, who knows. If you think it is reasonable to leave such feedback for a 2 day delay then that is your perogative but I wouldn't be chuffed to get such for a 2 day delay that may be beyond my control.

surely only the seller has control over dispatch, to be honest I wouldn't expect positive feedback if I went 2 days over my stated dispatch time, I would be the one that set it and I like to keep buyers happy that way they come back

Original Poster
ceres

Depending on what time on Sunday you paid, one working day might be … Depending on what time on Sunday you paid, one working day might be Tuesday dispatch. Seems like a lot of fuss over a small delay.

Early morning actually, but thank you for not answering my question.
Banned
bubbles200317

surely only the seller has control over dispatch, to be honest I wouldn't … surely only the seller has control over dispatch, to be honest I wouldn't expect positive feedback if I went 2 days over my stated dispatch time, I would be the one that set it and I like to keep buyers happy that way they come back

We would have to live in a perfect world for everything to go to plan all the time and unfortunately this world is far from perfect, or maybe in your world nothing ever goes wrong out of your control.

Good luck anyway feedback is the prerogative of the buyer and it was your money.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants