Groups

Ebay charging me?

Your monthly eBay invoice for the period from November 16, 2009 through December 15, 2009 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: £2.50

You have set up PayPal as your automatic payment method. Your invoice amount will be automatically deducted from your PayPal account no sooner than 10 days after the invoice date. The amount deducted may vary based on recent payments or credits.

I already paid a pound for selling a pair of shoes on ebay..what is this all about?

14 Comments

you dont pay it straight away, it just warns you the amount they will take. They then take this monthly, when i sold a lot my ebay invoice was 70 pound once!

Have a look at your statement, it will detail your fees
    The fees are ridiculously high.

i dont know but they do it to me all the time. they take the money out of the final amout the item sells for and then i also get a bill every month or two ????

Original Poster

monthly? I sell a pair of shoes for £20 and now I have to pay £2.50 monthly? :@!

How do I stop this?

No,
    If you sell nothing this month you will pay nothing.
    The fees are approx 10% of the final value selling price plus any applicable listing fees.

If you list and sell the shoes for £20 you will pay approx 40p listing and £2 final value fee

Your ebay account will hold any fees, so there will be your original listing fee in there, plus your final value fee which you will probably find wll correctly add up to the £2.50 they are now going to take out of your bank account to pay the ebay account. This is just how it works, it doesn't come out of your bank account each time you sell/buy something, unfortunately though ebays fees are a right rip off nowadays.

linuxlinks;7274061

People always moan about ebay fees. If they are too high, just dont use … People always moan about ebay fees. If they are too high, just dont use ebay...

Unfortunately, and ebay know this hence why they charge so much, there's nowhere else out there that gets to so many people and gets such a good price for what you sell.

linuxlinks;7274098

I see, so ebay gets sellers a good price. Fair enough for the 'high' … I see, so ebay gets sellers a good price. Fair enough for the 'high' charges then...

Well no its not fair is it or else there wouldn't be a law stopping our banks from doing similar things :roll:
    Its called monopolising

linuxlinks;7274061

People always moan about ebay fees. If they are too high, just dont use … People always moan about ebay fees. If they are too high, just dont use ebay...

+1

dataload;7274215

+1

+1

or you could go to a car boot sale and they will charge you £20 for your stall

linuxlinks;7274127

LOL, a monopoly isn't illegal...

There is a LAW stopping our banks from doing that :thumbsup:

thankshotdeals;7274576

+1 or you could go to a car boot sale and they will charge you £20 for … +1 or you could go to a car boot sale and they will charge you £20 for your stall

£20!!!!!!!!!! What carboots do you go to?? Max ive ever seen is £7

Banned

ebay don´t ya just love it?

Original Poster

So if I choose not to sell on ebay now, I don't have to pay anything?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.33
      2. Biscuit addiction2057
      3. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)45
      4. Xbox One S or Xbox One X810

See more discussions