eBay closed seller account "indefinitely"

Found 3rd Jan 2013
So a few day ago I got an email from eBay stating that they've decided to close my sellers account "indefinitely" due to not meeting sellers standards.

Decided to contact customer services and was told that the decision is irreversible, after questioning what standards I didn't meet all they'd tell me is the same thing over and over again. "I didn't meet selling standards"

Anyone know specifically what these standard actually are? Just a bit miffed to lose my selling abilities as I've been selling since 2004 and racked up over 1013 positive feedback.

In the whole time I've been selling I've only had 1 negative feedback since 2004, this was recently but surely this can't be the reason they closed my account?

Blah, eBay.
Community Updates
Misc
54 Comments
Were you selling knock-off stuff?
you're not giving them enough
You're not giving us enough.
As above, what exactly were you selling?
Hi deek!
EBay username. Let's see what you've been up to. They don't just pick randomers to close their sellers accounts.
Hi Deek!
theworkingdead

Hi deek!

Erm.....hi oO

Have you missed me or summit?
May I suggest alternativestoebay.com :-)

Ebay do what the like to who they like and if they are not earning enough from you your a prime target. Perhaps you only listed on free listing day :-) not that they are that of cause.
september_boy

Hi Deek!

Forgot to sign out of my multi, sorry.
Just bog standard stuff really. Xbox/ps3 games, techy equipment, or anything laying around not being used. I wasn't a power seller or anything, just sold casually when I had some un-needed stuff.
september_boy

Hi Deek!

Erm.....hi r..erm, September boy;)
deeky

Erm.....hi oOHave you missed me or summit?

You always provide a ray of light in an otherwise desolate thread.
davelangston

May I suggest http://www.AlternativesToEbay.com :-)

That's possibly one of the worst designed websites I will see this year. Thanks
So were any of the games suspect in any way? Xbox 'modded'?
deeky

EBay username. Let's see what you've been up to. They don't just pick … EBay username. Let's see what you've been up to. They don't just pick randomers to close their sellers accounts.

No longer registered because I refused to pay the whole 70p fees I owe them after they shut down my sellers account.
**** off deek...

deeky

Just the term "modded" usually results in a listing being pulled.

Not that I know of course (_;)
Edited by: "theworkingdead" 3rd Jan 2013
theworkingdead

You always provide a ray of light in an otherwise desolate thread.

Awww shucks http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/embarrassed/shy-whistler.gif
theworkingdead

Just the term "modded" usually results in a listing being pulled.Not that … Just the term "modded" usually results in a listing being pulled.Not that I know of course (_;)

Nice wink. There's your answer. Close thread please.:p
deeky

Awww shucks

Plus you helped me with the comfy bingo debacle, cant remember if that was befor or after my name change though.
I've been banned indefinitely. Check your seller dashboard, basically it's due to low seller ratings normally!
I got around 6 last year when I was poorly.
Got a limit put onto my account of listing 6 items per month.
Annoyingly, the seller ratings are on a 12 month cycle, so as soon as my good ones dropped off, my negative percentage rose dramatically. In the end, this pushed it over the edge.
Long story short, I managed to get it over-turned, however, one annoying buyer, who I know I sent the item to on time, left me a low seller rating, and I got banned indefinitely for the second time. The system is very flawed, due to my selling limits, it did not look like my performance was improving.
Nothing you can do I'm afraid
sancho1983

**** off deek...

Awww shucks Sancho.
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/embarrassed/shy-whistler.gif
theworkingdead

Plus you helped me with the comfy bingo debacle, cant remember if that … Plus you helped me with the comfy bingo debacle, cant remember if that was befor or after my name change though.

Ah yeah. Did you get your money then? Didn't I tell you to bombard them? And did you?
spikeyjacko

I've been banned indefinitely. Check your seller dashboard, basically … I've been banned indefinitely. Check your seller dashboard, basically it's due to low seller ratings normally!I got around 6 last year when I was poorly.Got a limit put onto my account of listing 6 items per month.Annoyingly, the seller ratings are on a 12 month cycle, so as soon as my good ones dropped off, my negative percentage rose dramatically. In the end, this pushed it over the edge.Long story short, I managed to get it over-turned, however, one annoying buyer, who I know I sent the item to on time, left me a low seller rating, and I got banned indefinitely for the second time. The system is very flawed, due to my selling limits, it did not look like my performance was improving.Nothing you can do I'm afraid

i was right
deeky

Ah yeah. Did you get your money then? Didn't I tell you to bombard them? … Ah yeah. Did you get your money then? Didn't I tell you to bombard them? And did you?

I had my 2 accounts, mine and the wifes. Won £60 ish on mine lost all on the wifes so broke even over all. Nieither have paid the cashback yet though.
deeky

As said, ebay clock onto modded/dodgy good almost instantly, so no none it was modded, just standard retail stuff.
This sounds bang out of order. Unsure what you can do in this situation as I doubt there's any kind of authority or ombudsman you could go to. Opening up a new account may make matters worse, as they've got your details on their system and it may be flag that you're trying to circumvent their closing of your seller account.
spikeyjacko

I've been banned indefinitely. Check your seller dashboard, basically … I've been banned indefinitely. Check your seller dashboard, basically it's due to low seller ratings normally!I got around 6 last year when I was poorly.Got a limit put onto my account of listing 6 items per month.Annoyingly, the seller ratings are on a 12 month cycle, so as soon as my good ones dropped off, my negative percentage rose dramatically. In the end, this pushed it over the edge.Long story short, I managed to get it over-turned, however, one annoying buyer, who I know I sent the item to on time, left me a low seller rating, and I got banned indefinitely for the second time. The system is very flawed, due to my selling limits, it did not look like my performance was improving.Nothing you can do I'm afraid

I had a feeling it was something to do with that star rating system. Can understand why people will leave a bad rating yet still leave positive feedback. Surely if they had a problem with the way I handled things they would have told me or left a negative.

Find it very unfair that your selling abilities are in the hands of random strangers clicking on stars.
They dont close a seller account for no good reason.
Ring up ebay, tell them its ratial discrimination and you are going to go public with your story, your account will be re-opened
danboi63

Ring up ebay, tell them its ratial discrimination and you are going to go … Ring up ebay, tell them its ratial discrimination and you are going to go public with your story, your account will be re-opened

I dont think the Ratial tribe deal with eBay.
danboi63

Ring up ebay, tell them its ratial discrimination and you are going to go … Ring up ebay, tell them its ratial discrimination and you are going to go public with your story, your account will be re-opened

What's ratial discrimination ? oO
deeky

You're not giving us enough.

Hi deek! oO
fuzzydunlop

What's ratial discrimination ? oO

It is a huge problem these days and should not be taken lightly.
semicharmless

The ratial tribe of punjab, Pakistan is really THAT big?
semicharmless

What is..? Bad ratio? (_;)
semicharmless

This sounds bang out of order. Unsure what you can do in this situation … This sounds bang out of order. Unsure what you can do in this situation as I doubt there's any kind of authority or ombudsman you could go to. Opening up a new account may make matters worse, as they've got your details on their system and it may be flag that you're trying to circumvent their closing of your seller account.

There are loads of dodgy sellers with multiple accounts, I've grassed on a couple who'd forgotten they'd tried to scam me already. Don't think ebay can (or care enough to) keep up with 'em

Edited by: "fuzzydunlop" 3rd Jan 2013
Firstly Star rating, the less than a buyer can complete the the better for you and the less they can moan about.
2. Have the above issues and sell less than 400 in year and bye bye.
I can go into more detail about it as there are easy ways to combat the No 1 but may be later.
You might have a troll, I've had some gimp reporting my items recently, Its a guy who purchased an ipod from me 5 days before xmas and mailed me to say "changed mind, sell it on, happy xmas" - I had words with him and I think it upset him.

I suspect he's been reporting my items, just had another one pulled with 20 units waiting to ship - to all who paid it looks like they are not getting their item so they all open disputes and that causes chaos and puts a lot of paypal money on hold.

I suddenly remember why I stopped using ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants