eBay counterfeit email

Posted 26th Jun 2020
I’ve been selling a item that looks a little similar to a brand. This is called selling a knockoff item however, I’ve now received an email from VERO or Richmond group through eBay telling me that what I’m selling is counterfeit and that I’m not allowed to do that. What I don’t understand is that my item isn’t a replica, they don’t sell this on their own website so why has my eBay listing been flagged. Do I have any rights? Is it worth challenging them by appealing?

There is a distinct different between counterfeit and a knockoff item and I really believe that they just removed my listing because I used their brand name as a way to get more traffic on my eBay listing. Sorry rant over.
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
What was it that you listed?
I would relist, as long as it’s not a counterfeit Item, just have to have a think about how to title it.
Kratos6926/06/2020 13:11

I would relist, as long as it’s not a counterfeit Item, just have to have a …I would relist, as long as it’s not a counterfeit Item, just have to have a think about how to title it.

Okay I will relist it after 3 days.
How much do you sell that for?
Did you mention the real brand name in the title/description? You can't. VERO is horrible, gives the brands the ability to destroy other sellers and you can't contest a strike.
jamie1526/06/2020 13:31

Did you mention the real brand name in the title/description? You can't. …Did you mention the real brand name in the title/description? You can't. VERO is horrible, gives the brands the ability to destroy other sellers and you can't contest a strike.

Yes that’s exactly what I did so that I could gain more traffic. It was a bad idea.
Nothing to appeal, you can't list even list a pair of trainers as saying "'like' converse / vans".

It flags their counterfeit filters, but also they don't want people searching for converse/vans to see things that aren't converse/vans. Tbh that's a good thing.

You can relist straight away just strip the brand name out. I constantly get warnings selling vape stuff which is restricted to business -only sellers now, and as soon as I remove whatever keyword/brand is triggering it I can list as normal.
HottyHotty26/06/2020 13:37

Nothing to appeal, you can't list even list a pair of trainers as saying …Nothing to appeal, you can't list even list a pair of trainers as saying "'like' converse / vans".It flags their counterfeit filters, but also they don't want people searching for converse/vans to see things that aren't converse/vans. Tbh that's a good thing.You can relist straight away just strip the brand name out. I constantly get warnings selling vape stuff which is restricted to business -only sellers now, and as soon as I remove whatever keyword/brand is triggering it I can list as normal.

How do you list the vapes? I tried previously but they flag it as only being able to sell if you are a business seller.
Sacredarts26/06/2020 13:57

How do you list the vapes? I tried previously but they flag it as only …How do you list the vapes? I tried previously but they flag it as only being able to sell if you are a business seller.

Ha, it's like a little secret area...collectibles>tobacciana>shisha pipes

Brand or even the word 'mod' can sometimes stop you clicking list until you change it. On occasion my listings have also been flagged later by ebay and I've been warned, but doesn't seem a big deal been selling vape stuff for years.
HottyHotty26/06/2020 14:00

Ha, it's like a little secret area...collectibles>tobacciana>shisha …Ha, it's like a little secret area...collectibles>tobacciana>shisha pipesBrand or even the word 'mod' can sometimes stop you clicking list until you change it. On occasion my listings have also been flagged later by ebay and I've been warned, but doesn't seem a big deal been selling vape stuff for years.

Thanks! You’re a star
I feel for you. I used to sell onesies and only onesies (years ago) and my user ID had the word 'onesie' in the title. Along came VERO and decided that neither I nor anyone else could use the word 'onesie' or 'onesies' in their title and description. Overnight my profitable little business collapsed as they ended all my listings and I had to relist everything, changing the description to 'sleepsuit' rather than 'onesie'. The remainder of my stock sold eventually but it took three years. Oh, and I had to change my user ID. Who the hell copyrighted the name 'onesie' anyway?!
Edited by: "squiff" 26th Jun
this happened to me, I didn’t dispute, just did what they asked
41216496-1pMfD.jpg

van cleef arpel looky like saw a lot of them abroad
Edited by: "Matthew_mcm" 26th Jun
Matthew_mcm26/06/2020 17:16

[Image] van cleef arpel looky like saw a lot of them abroad

Yes defo similar to alhambra bracelet but not a replica.
Post a comment
@
    Text