EBAY cracking down on sellers selling UltraViolet codes from blu rays/DVD's?

Found 8th May 2015
EBAY cracking down on sellers selling UltraViolet codes by themselves from blu rays/DVD's. You can only sell them if there are with the blu ray/dvd. Had a couple of my listings cancelled. Been onto there webchat and the bloke told me they are cracking down on these as it is a copyright infringement.
Community Updates
MiscBlu-rayDigital Copy
8 Comments
So in the same vein do you infringe the copyright if you fail to pass the Ultraviolet video on when you sell the DVD at some point in the future?
Ebay have no consistency in their policies as they happily allow the illegal sale of Xbox live accounts.

dontasciime

Ebay have no consistency in their policies as they happily allow the … Ebay have no consistency in their policies as they happily allow the illegal sale of Xbox live accounts.

And they're just as happy to let sellers get defrauded when they sell digital items (their risk of course).
Its part of the product not a free gift, its with the dvd to try and sell more dvds thus its been paid for how can thry claim its copyright infringement, you haven't copied anything, its no different to those dvd and blurzy combo packs are thry going to try and say you can't take the dvd out of those and sell em? Ypu paid for it, its your property, thry are scum.
copperspock

And they're just as happy to let sellers get defrauded when they sell … And they're just as happy to let sellers get defrauded when they sell digital items (their risk of course).

It's a shame that buyers scam any genuine seller of a genuine redeemable digital code.
dontasciime

It's a shame that buyers scam any genuine seller of a genuine redeemable … It's a shame that buyers scam any genuine seller of a genuine redeemable digital code.

I got burned myself a few years ago (by a buyer with perfect feedback no less). Nowadays I don't dare risk it. I recently found out that Gumtree don't even allow the sale of physical codes these days either!
I'd love to see how they can claim it to be copyright infringement with this one!
As mentioned, you have BOUGHT effectively 2 copies of the same film, therefore you are entitled to sell one of them. Another classic example of greed from the corporate, so glad my money doesn't go into their pockets now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants