Ebay customer support for unrefunded returned item.

Posted 11th Apr
Hi there,
Does anyone know how to contact Ebay at the moment ? I bought a fitness item (£125) which was faulty and I contacted the seller 3 times but no answer from them. Ebay allowed me to return the item by clicking the return button on purchase page. Which I did, it was bulky and cost me over £40 for returning a faulty gym equipment. I am wondering if there is a way of getting this money back via Ebay or Paypal ? i cant see any option for Ebay to step in or even contact their customer support via email. Any ideas ?
Community Updates

Groups

14 Comments
Assuming you have proof of posting, and proof of delivery to the seller, and have waited a sufficient amount of time for a response from the seller, raise a case with Paypal.

See here for a how-to

paypal.com/dm/…ion
If the seller refunded you the cost of the item then the option is lost, its another one of ebays oddities that you have to have been given a partial refund and the seller should arrange shipping at that point. When they get it back, they then refund the rest. If you accepted the 100% refund it cant be undone. Stupid. Just do what I do, don’t use ebay. Especially for that type of stuff, gumtree it for local stuff you can see
Business or private seller ?
Wow £40 to return that’s why I stopped using using eBay because of fees and terrible customer service I hope you get your money back
Edited by: "sdylan" 11th Apr
Only way I could contact ebay was to go to the contact us support option and to pick "visually impaired / hard of hearing", then I typed up my concerns and ebay sorted out my returns label around 24 hours later.

My returned item was only a small item, so they sent me a prepaid royal mail label.

But with you going through the ebay resolution system, why wasn't you sent a free prepaid returns option at the sellers expense?
Edited by: "Just.Wondering" 11th Apr
I do find theyre quite helpful over the phone, see what your options are. Go on the website and onto help when logged in
PayPal refund returns postage but only up to £15
Arto11/04/2020 06:07

PayPal refund returns postage but only up to £15

PayPal return postage Works awful, loads of hoops to jump through.

Best way ebay resolution, free return label
Edited by: "Just.Wondering" 11th Apr
Shouldn't have paid return postage if it was faulty as its the sellers responsibility.
If the case is open you can add proof of posting and delivery and if the seller hasn't refunded within 5 days of receiving the item back then you can ask eBay to step in
Just.Wondering11/04/2020 08:14

PayPal return postage Works awful, loads of hoops to jump through.Best way …PayPal return postage Works awful, loads of hoops to jump through.Best way ebay resolution, free return label

I did it a couple of months ago easy with no hick ups
Arto11/04/2020 09:11

I did it a couple of months ago easy with no hick ups

Awful for me
jamie1511/04/2020 05:28

Comment deleted

Phoned this morning and was no queue. Instant connection
sdylan11/04/2020 03:19

Wow £40 to return that’s why I stopped using using eBay because of fees an …Wow £40 to return that’s why I stopped using using eBay because of fees and terrible customer service I hope you get your money back

If the return service was used properly and the reason for return was due to a fault then the buyer would had received a free returns label.
deals6911/04/2020 10:58

Phoned this morning and was no queue. Instant connection

I was wrong
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions