Groups

eBay dilema..

I sold a faulty pair of bose headphones last night for £7.25 including postage..
    Just rung bose about warranty and they said although they were out of warranty if I sent them in, I could have got £29 off a new pair..
    Thing is..
    Do i now tell the seller I can't find the headphones, refund, and get a negative feedback probably , or just send them anyway, and forget what bose said
    Advice is nice
    Cheers
    Jack

38 Comments

i would not believe you cant find
    but if you stood on them accidentally
    they would be no good to me so i would not want

Send them anyway IMO:thumbsup: YOu put them on for sale so you should sell them if you got a buyer. You are new to ebay and it will not help you if you get a NEG this early in your trading history.

Original Poster

robertkay;8290455

i would not believe you cant findbut if you stood on them … i would not believe you cant findbut if you stood on them accidentallythey would be no good to me so i would not want

but if they were faulty already..
    :oops:

tara1082;8290463

Send them anyway IMO:thumbsup: YOu put them on for sale so you should … Send them anyway IMO:thumbsup: YOu put them on for sale so you should sell them if you got a buyer.

^^^ that

Dont be a rotter!!

Just hate it when this happens to me on Ebay, Its a contract you have to fullfil it!

You sold them so send them to the buyer., you only have 4 feedback so a neg will send your % down big time

Item number: 250606995620

Original Poster

Yeah I suppose I better send

Original Poster

deanos;8290504

You sold them so send them to the buyer., you only have 4 feedback so a … You sold them so send them to the buyer., you only have 4 feedback so a neg will send your % down big timeItem number: 250606995620

How do you know my ebay user lol?

Not difficult to find when you give big clues lol !

So the person who bought them can return them to Bose and get a brand new pair for £29?

BARGAIN!!!!!

Just say you sent them, but don't, blame Royal Mail, refund, all good.

Doubtful they will neg you for that.

send them the earphones and an ipod as a good will gesture

i agree send them untracked, 2nd class standard and just say royal mail lost them

Banned

pinkleponkle;8290690

Just say you sent them, but don't, blame Royal Mail, refund, all … Just say you sent them, but don't, blame Royal Mail, refund, all good.Doubtful they will neg you for that.

khy86;8290724

i agree send them untracked, 2nd class standard and just say royal mail … i agree send them untracked, 2nd class standard and just say royal mail lost them

i am now gonna neg every person that ever says my items been lost in the post

sooo many dishonest people frequent these public forums its untrue

Original Poster

Gonna send them
    Not worth the hassle to try and refund etc!
    However I do have another dilema!
    about two weeks ago, I sold a iTunes voucher on eBay, and the person paid and i emailed them seeing if they wanted the code to be sent to their email or ebay inbox.. No reply, I've sent numerous messages, and they still havent replied..

casparwhite;8290775

i am now gonna neg every person that ever says my items been lost in the … i am now gonna neg every person that ever says my items been lost in the postsooo many dishonest people frequent these public forums its untrue

totally agree its unbelievable that no one seems to have a guilty conscience, i certainly would

spikeyjacko;8290782

Gonna send them :)Not worth the hassle to try and refund etc!However I do … Gonna send them :)Not worth the hassle to try and refund etc!However I do have another dilema!about two weeks ago, I sold a iTunes voucher on eBay, and the person paid and i emailed them seeing if they wanted the code to be sent to their email or ebay inbox.. No reply, I've sent numerous messages, and they still havent replied..

Well as paypal doesnt cover electronically delivered goods I'd send them in the post. Then you dont have to wait.

Banned

casparwhite;8290775

i am now gonna neg every person that ever says my items been lost in the … i am now gonna neg every person that ever says my items been lost in the postsooo many dishonest people frequent these public forums its untrue

Meh I like these threads always a good inidcator of who to deal with or avoid on fs/t.

Op your itunes voucher send it to their address, not via email.

Banned

shedboy66;8290792

totally agree its unbelievable that no one seems to have a guilty … totally agree its unbelievable that no one seems to have a guilty conscience, i certainly would

its what makes our country great........scammers, thieves, cheats and liars

broken britain..........damaged beyond repair imo

casparwhite;8290775

Can sellers now neg again?

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;8290820

Meh I like these threads always a good inidcator of who to deal with or … Meh I like these threads always a good inidcator of who to deal with or avoid on fs/t.Op your itunes voucher send it to their address, not via email.

Yeah, but on the listing I put digital delivery ( as I didn't know eBay had banned this)

Banned

Mallinersha;8290828

Can sellers now neg again?

i was being facetious in case you didnt realise:roll:

besides i would be negging him as the seller for it getting "lost"

Banned

Bose, the Monster Cables of the audio world!

casparwhite;8290840

i was being facetious in case you didnt realise:roll:besides i would be … i was being facetious in case you didnt realise:roll:besides i would be negging him as the seller for it getting "lost"

Yes, I do realise that but my genuine question still stands..

Banned

Mallinersha;8290847

Yes, I do realise that but my genuine question still stands..

what has your question got to do with me negging sellers for saying items being lost in post?:?

you are confused

Banned

spikeyjacko;8290830

Yeah, but on the listing I put digital delivery ( as I didn't know eBay … Yeah, but on the listing I put digital delivery ( as I didn't know eBay had banned this)

Still send it as he can claim INR as you can't prove postal delivery.

You're doing the right thing with the headphones. It's a bit of a kick in the nuts when something like that happens, but just buy yourself some new headphones and forget about it :thumbsup:

As for the iTunes voucher, even if you say digital delivery in the listing, I'd send it recorded in the post to to the seller's given address - will save you any hassle if you've got a dishonest buyer. If they file a "not received" dispute - sending via email or the eBay message system won't amount to enough proof.

casparwhite;8290863

what has your question got to do with me negging sellers for saying items … what has your question got to do with me negging sellers for saying items being lost in post?:?you are confused

I can see you want want some confrontation, I can rise above that :thumbsup:

Sellers aren't able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers

Still unfair IMO..

Banned

Mallinersha;8290883

I can see you want want some confrontation, I can rise above that … I can see you want want some confrontation, I can rise above that :thumbsup:Sellers aren't able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyersStill unfair IMO..

what has that quote got to do with this thread mr confused?:?

Your rep is already slightly tarnished by asking the question in the first place. You know what you should do.

Send them, then buy a decent set :thumbsup:

casparwhite;8290775

shedboy66;8290792

totally agree its unbelievable that no one seems to have a guilty … totally agree its unbelievable that no one seems to have a guilty conscience, i certainly would

tinkerbell28;8290820

Meh I like these threads always a good inidcator of who to deal with or … Meh I like these threads always a good inidcator of who to deal with or avoid on fs/t.Op your itunes voucher send it to their address, not via email.

It's hardly that bad, the buyer gets a refund, not like you are stealing their money. What about when buyers bid and don't pay? are you entitled to send the debt collectors round for your money? The problem with Ebay is it's all one way traffic.

No the point tho is it , they put them on Ebay to sell and someone bought them should be a done deal

It's like a forum of angels sent straight down from heaven on here.

Banned

do whatever you feel comfortable with

Banned

deanos;8290504

You sold them so send them to the buyer., you only have 4 feedback so a … You sold them so send them to the buyer., you only have 4 feedback so a neg will send your % down big timeItem number: 250606995620

If this is the item number someone please sent the buyer a link to this thread to show how dishonest the OP is. I'd do it but I don't have ebay account.

Banned

pinkleponkle;8291549

It's hardly that bad, the buyer gets a refund, not like you are stealing … It's hardly that bad, the buyer gets a refund, not like you are stealing their money. What about when buyers bid and don't pay? are you entitled to send the debt collectors round for your money? The problem with Ebay is it's all one way traffic.

yes

Paddy Charlie;8291663

If this is the item number someone please sent the buyer a link to this … If this is the item number someone please sent the buyer a link to this thread to show how dishonest the OP is. I'd do it but I don't have ebay account.

Ebay hide the identities of buyers now, so even if anyone wanted to they couldn't inform the buyer of the dishonest intentions of the seller. Why put them up for auction if you are not prepared to follow through with the sale, you wouldn't be able to do this in an auction room. I have sent items that didn't sell for much and also have won many items too, that's the game you play.

I wouldn't own one of my watches if the seller had backed out of the sale, I may have understood if he did though. However, he sent me a Brand New watch, labels seals etc still in place, retailing at £140 ish all for less than £5.50 all in.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30122
      2. Spotify Family Premium share823
      3. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047171

See more discussions