Ebay Dispute

Found 26th Jan
Hi fellow members, i need some advice regarding an ebay dispute. I recently sold a pair of trainers on Ebay, after payment from the seller i posted these off 2nd Class via royal mail. However the buyer has now opened a case stating they have not received the item. I have proof of posting and when tracking the parcel via the royal mail website it says the parcel was delivered to the address.

I know ebay mostly favour the buyer and will ensure they receive their money back or the item, but surely if the tracking says it was delivered then they cannot issue a refund?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
32 Comments
As long as you posted to the address on the PayPal receipt then just add that tracking info to the dispute.

Add screen dumps of the royal mail page showing signature and name of who signed for it, if the name matches the buyer then the claim will be found in your favour, or at least a no fault refund.
Original Poster
Richard_Richard3 m ago

As long as you posted to the address on the PayPal receipt then just add …As long as you posted to the address on the PayPal receipt then just add that tracking info to the dispute.Add screen dumps of the royal mail page showing signature and name of who signed for it, if the name matches the buyer then the claim will be found in your favour, or at least a no fault refund.

Hi, thanks your reply. The item was not sent signed for or recorded. Just via royal mail second class, (small parcel)
Richard_Richard9 m ago

How could you have tracking then? Are you just assuming it was delivered?

Everything you post can be tracked via Royal Mail.
majestic20125 m ago

33142203-SdrX4.jpgIf so what have I missed, you can track non signed for now?
majestic20128 m ago

News to me. Thanks.

Do you mean you have a proof of posting receipt which shows the Paypal VERIFIED (must be verified) address? If you posted by the means stated on the ad then you have discharged your side of the bargain. If you said courier and then decided to do a cheapy, then you have a problem.

60p for a signature with RM is always worth it when protecting yourself on eScam deals.
Richard_Richard7 m ago

[Image] If so what have I missed, you can track non signed for now?

You can yeah, if you get a receipt for postage from the post office it has a number that you can track on their track & trace website.
I believe it's only small/medium parcels posted non signed for you do get a number to tracked to show if it's been delivered to them or a neighbour but doesn't show signature. But for a large letter you don't get the number to track it unless sent signed for
majestic20121 h, 14 m ago

You can yeah, if you get a receipt for postage from the post office it has …You can yeah, if you get a receipt for postage from the post office it has a number that you can track on their track & trace website.

Christ on a bike how did I miss that, just found this link with more info.

bluepark.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?8061-Royal-Mail-Delivery-Confirmation

What's the point of signed for then? Op has proof that it was delivered, the buyer is unaware that it's secretly tracked and is trying it on then?
Edited by: "Richard_Richard" 26th Jan
Richard_Richard5 m ago

Christ on a bike how did I miss that, just found this link with more …Christ on a bike how did I miss that, just found this link with more info.https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?8061-Royal-Mail-Delivery-ConfirmationWhat's the point of recorded then? Op has proof that it was delivered, the buyer is unaware that it's secretly tracked and is trying it on then?

I only heard about it recently, I was as shocked as you were. Handy info to have and that’s an excellent link
if you have proof you'll be fine.

same thing happened to me as a buyer: item went missing, but the seller had proof it was delivered.

i assume someone lifted it after it was left in the communal hall.
If you have no recorded delivery or sighed for your screwed as you can't prove it's delivered without it
Splice16 m ago

If you have no recorded delivery or sighed for your screwed as you can't …If you have no recorded delivery or sighed for your screwed as you can't prove it's delivered without it

I'm afraid you are wrong. Parcels now come with POD (proof of delivery). There hasn't been "recorded delivery" for a few years, it's is called "signed for" now and is exactly that, a signature on receipt. There is no signature needed on eBay *under £750, just a POD.

OP, with your POD receipt, make sure you upload that [seriously] long POD number to the case.
Edited by: "windym" 26th Jan
Richard_Richard51 m ago

Christ on a bike how did I miss that, just found this link with more …Christ on a bike how did I miss that, just found this link with more info.https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?8061-Royal-Mail-Delivery-ConfirmationWhat's the point of recorded then? Op has proof that it was delivered, the buyer is unaware that it's secretly tracked and is trying it on then?

"Recorded" [actually called Signed For] is for £50 compensation (as opposed to £20 with POD only) and obviously has a signature on receipt. If you don't need that (you do if you are sending age restriicted items such as alcohol) there is really little point.
Richard_Richard1 h, 0 m ago

Recorded as your referring to (Now known as signed for) records the fact it was delivered and Signed for!

The other just says it was delivered, which only means it was scanned at the depot it went to probably, meaning there is no guarantee it was delivered.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 26th Jan
shadowfall1 h, 35 m ago

Hi, thanks your reply. The item was not sent signed for or recorded. Just …Hi, thanks your reply. The item was not sent signed for or recorded. Just via royal mail second class, (small parcel)

Add the 3d barcode number to the tracking on the case and post a screenshot from the RM website showing it was delivered and the case will be found in your favour. The buyer is trying it on and probably assumes the shipment is not traceable.
cmdr_elito8 m ago

Recorded as your referring to (Now known as signed for) records the fact …Recorded as your referring to (Now known as signed for) records the fact it was delivered and Signed for! The other just says it was delivered, which only means it was scanned at the depot it went to probably, meaning there is no guarantee it was delivered.

That's not what's implied though, surely it's scanned at the door to show it has been delivered.

Be interested to know how the dispute goes on this, the op has tracking to show it is delivered but as it's not signed for the buyer could argue it, I'd still be thinking along the lines of a no fault refund.

And yes I know it's signed for, one little slip up and I get everyone pounce on it.
windym5 h, 37 m ago

"Recorded" [actually called Signed For] is for £50 compensation (as …"Recorded" [actually called Signed For] is for £50 compensation (as opposed to £20 with POD only) and obviously has a signature on receipt. If you don't need that (you do if you are sending age restriicted items such as alcohol) there is really little point.

No lol recorded means you get a number that you can track your item each step of the way and signed for means once the item is handed over to the address a signature is required
Splice2 h, 28 m ago

No lol recorded means you get a number that you can track your item each …No lol recorded means you get a number that you can track your item each step of the way and signed for means once the item is handed over to the address a signature is required

You shouldn't lol at people for saying something that's completely correct and then follow it up by saying something that's completely wrong. Kinda makes you look a bit silly if you do that.
Splice7 h, 0 m ago

No lol recorded means you get a number that you can track your item each …No lol recorded means you get a number that you can track your item each step of the way and signed for means once the item is handed over to the address a signature is required

Lol, there isn't a service called Recorded. Hasn't been for some years. The service is called Signed For. It is a signature on delivery with additional compensation.
Richard_Richard12 h, 24 m ago

That's not what's implied though, surely it's scanned at the door to show …That's not what's implied though, surely it's scanned at the door to show it has been delivered.Be interested to know how the dispute goes on this, the op has tracking to show it is delivered but as it's not signed for the buyer could argue it, I'd still be thinking along the lines of a no fault refund.And yes I know it's signed for, one little slip up and I get everyone pounce on it.

ebay/paypal disputes don't need a signature, they need a status of 'delivered'. The OP has that, and as said above, if he/she adds the 3d barcode number to the case they will win it.
Original Poster
I contacted Ebay regarding the case and provided them with the tracking number which clearly shows the item had been delivered to the address or to a neighbor. They closed the case in my favour.
windym3 h, 20 m ago

Lol, there isn't a service called Recorded. Hasn't been for some years. …Lol, there isn't a service called Recorded. Hasn't been for some years. The service is called Signed For. It is a signature on delivery with additional compensation.

Recorded is track and trace , signed for is just signature with compensation few weeks ago I asked to send a small parcel tracked and signed for with compensation up to the value of my item
dxx7 h, 57 m ago

You shouldn't lol at people for saying something that's completely …You shouldn't lol at people for saying something that's completely correct and then follow it up by saying something that's completely wrong. Kinda makes you look a bit silly if you do that.

What i said was not incorrect go on royal mail website to check if you want too
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 27th Jan
Splice5 m ago

Recorded is track and trace , signed for is just signature with …Recorded is track and trace , signed for is just signature with compensation few weeks ago I asked to send a small parcel tracked and signed for with compensation up to the value of my item

You need to keep up with the times. Lol! royalmail.com/per…els

Recorded delivery doesn't exist and hasn't for some years.

Track and trace isn't a parcel service it is for entering your barcode/reference/tracking number.
You should always use ‘myhermes’ for items that size. It’s cheaper than Royal Mail and has tracking included which you and the buyer can view at any time.
windym6 m ago

You need to keep up with the times. Lol! …You need to keep up with the times. Lol! https://www.royalmail.com/personal/sending-parcelsRecorded delivery doesn't exist and hasn't for some years. Track and trace isn't a parcel service it is for entering your barcode/reference/tracking number.

Hmmm this is strange because my local post office still does
Splice50 s ago

Hmmm this is strange because my local post office still does

Are you thinking of proof of postage?
Splice54 m ago

What i said was not incorrect go on royal mail website to check if you …What i said was not incorrect go on royal mail website to check if you want too

I can't find something that doesn't exist. You show me the link that says that Royal Mail has a service called Recorded, and which works as you describe.
dxx45 m ago

I can't find something that doesn't exist. You show me the link that says …I can't find something that doesn't exist. You show me the link that says that Royal Mail has a service called Recorded, and which works as you describe.

I checked my receipt it was with parcel force must be recorded parcel force then sorry not royail mail
I dont know about ebay policy on this sort of issue, but the item could have been left outside the property and got stolen. I walked past a house in london recently and saw a parcel left outside the front door because no one was in. It was from amazon, and it was in plain view to passers by. I thought that box is not going to stay there for very long!

Royal mail often leave parcels outside our front door when we are not in, but our front door is not in plain view from the road and not many people go down our road so nothing has gone missing.

Royal mail delivered a signed for parcel addressed to my mum to her neighbour a few doors down, on the opposite side of the road, and got the neighbour’s signature. Their tracking system claimed it was delivered to my mum’s house!

It is therefore not inconceivable that your buyer is telling the truth and the dispute here is with royal mail.
My local family run post office still ask me if I want it sent normal or recorded when in fact it's called signed for
Splice27th Jan

I checked my receipt it was with parcel force must be recorded parcel …I checked my receipt it was with parcel force must be recorded parcel force then sorry not royail mail

That's a lol sorry
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants