Groups

ebay disputes

Any words of advice please?

So i bought a dreambox satellite receiver from ebay:

After 5 days I hadn't had any word from the seller about delivery, the listing said dispatch within 5 days so I sent a message asking about when I can expect it arriving.

I waited 4 more days and no response, so I was a little concerned and opened a dispute.

2 days later it arrived and the seller sent me a very unapologetic message semi explaining the delay and asking me to close the dispute because the money is being witheld from them.

That would be fine, except the item is:

(a) a fake chinese copy
    (b) damaged, the remote has a large piece broken out of it - probably on its journey from china (was very badly packaged)

So I don't want to close the current dispute really, but should I? and then open a new one reflecting receiving the item but it is not as described?

I feel like I'm being a bit of a ass about the whole thing, but they are taking the p a little bit.

7 Comments

Leave the dispute open, but mention that you have now received the item, but not as described - Although, eBay might then turn around and close the dispute and tell you to open another one.. Never been in the situation tho.

DarrylJohn;8882465

Leave the dispute open, but mention that you have now received the item, … Leave the dispute open, but mention that you have now received the item, but not as described - Although, eBay might then turn around and close the dispute and tell you to open another one.. Never been in the situation tho.

yeah same as that

Original Poster

Thanks for the replys

I forgot to mention when the seller sent me a message I replied directly to them saying I had received the item but I would not be closing the dispute due to the fact the item is fake and damaged.

I was thinking of what you guys suggested but how do I do that? When I open the dispute in ebay I only get the option to respond to case which is basically letting me respond to the seller.

edit - i might just call ebay tomorrow, any idea what they are like on the phone, will it be some terrible call centre?

markeh;8882487

Thanks for the replysI forgot to mention when the seller sent me a … Thanks for the replysI forgot to mention when the seller sent me a message I replied directly to them saying I had received the item but I would not be closing the dispute due to the fact the item is fake and damaged.I was thinking of what you guys suggested but how do I do that? When I open the dispute in ebay I only get the option to respond to case which is basically letting me respond to the seller.edit - i might just call ebay tomorrow, any idea what they are like on the phone, will it be some terrible call centre?

they dont like speaking to you on the phone put phone down on me a few times because im was not told to phone them or a selected member!!!! :x!!!!

yeah anything you write back to the seller ebay will read (should read) :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sarahjane1988;8882503

they dont like speaking to you on the phone put phone down on me a few … they dont like speaking to you on the phone put phone down on me a few times because im was not told to phone them or a selected member!!!! :x!!!!yeah anything you write back to the seller ebay will read (should read) :thumbsup:

cool, thanks i'll give them a while and see what happens

bloody ebay :pirate:

SuperEd

going to say just dont close the dispute or you may not be able to open another one

there is an option to change the dispute from item not received to item not as described..this is the correct course of action
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 24 studio order number 0844 800 11 22119
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2698
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1929
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?11

See more discussions