Groups
    EXPIRED

ebay does this seem ok ?

ok i bought a gift card off ebay for £90ish i asked the seller if i can have the numbers off it emailed to me so i can use it online after i pay, they said no problems and they would send me them via email and they were not a scammer ?? ok i said thats fine i will pay now and you can send me the numbers next time your online, i got another message ok pay paypal i am not a scammer you can claim back off paypal if you are worried that im a scammer so you neednt worry ??
    i never thought they were a scammer till they kept saying it but anyway i paid paypal this morning, ive just logged into my ebay and there wasnt a £ sign there was a little egg timer looking thing :giggle: so i logged into paypal and it said unclaimed ?? so i canceled the payment and have emailed them to ask if there is a problem with there paypal account as the funds said unclaimed ive never seen this before ? does anyone else know why this has happened or has it happened to you before am i to worry or shall i just resend them money ?? arghhh so confused !

thanks all

8 Comments

they have the wrong email address allocated to their ebay account (when you set up the listing and put your paypal email address in).

It happens a lot, but be careful if they ask you to pay to another account as you will not be covered!

Original Poster

jasonsowden;8816485

they have the wrong email address allocated to their ebay account (when … they have the wrong email address allocated to their ebay account (when you set up the listing and put your paypal email address in).It happens a lot, but be careful if they ask you to pay to another account as you will not be covered!

ok so do i tell them to add the newone to ebay as ill only pay thro ebay ? it should work like that shouldnt it :oops:

the thing is because the auction has ended there's nothing you can do. This is the sellers error so be careful.

Does the seller have a good feedback rating? What you trust them to send them money without being covered?

Original Poster

jasonsowden;8816511

the thing is because the auction has ended there's nothing you can do. … the thing is because the auction has ended there's nothing you can do. This is the sellers error so be careful.Does the seller have a good feedback rating? What you trust them to send them money without being covered?

they have over 100 but none recent all over 90days :roll: i would of said yes i will trust but with them keep saying its not a scam i got worried :oops:
    If they say they have to get the money sent else where ill say no see what happens arghhhh
    thanks for the help repped :thumbsup:

Go to the ebay forums for advice, if this is known scam someone there will give you the heads up. It sounds dodgy to me I would be very wary.

Original Poster

Blagz;8816539

Go to the ebay forums for advice, if this is known scam someone there … Go to the ebay forums for advice, if this is known scam someone there will give you the heads up. It sounds dodgy to me I would be very wary.

ohh thanks repped i didnt know there was forums :thumbsup: excellent thanks again :-D

How much is the gift card worth?

mod

Closed at OP request

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
    2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
    4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions