eBay Extra - Something extra for eBay buyers

Found 15th Jan 2008
To thank you for shopping on eBay, we're giving you the chance to earn something back. From 10th January 2008 to 10th March 2008, you'll earn points for every eBay purchase you make. At the end of the programme, redeem your points and claim your reward. Terms and conditions apply.

Only any good for you if you plan to buy 13 items in the next 54 days!

extra.ebay.co.uk/

11 Comments

Then purchase 13 1p BIN auctions, which there is a lot of because people are basically buying feedback. :giggle:

Banned

realfriendlyman;1458326

Then purchase 13 1p BIN auctions, which there is a lot of because people … Then purchase 13 1p BIN auctions, which there is a lot of because people are basically buying feedback. :giggle:

you get points per pound, think its 5 or something like that, so no good on 1p purchases

"Sorry, you haven't been selected to take part in this programme

Thanks for your interest though - we'll let you know if we decide to extend eBay Extra to more of our members in the future"

not for everyone then!!!

To even get an ebay fleece or a £10 paypal voucher you need to spend £658 minimum !

I don't think so !

EliTom

elitom;1459108

To even get an ebay fleece or a £10 paypal voucher you need to spend £658 … To even get an ebay fleece or a £10 paypal voucher you need to spend £658 minimum !I don't think so !EliTom

Seems like ebay are giving people different points rates. I need 1403 points to get those 2 which works out at £280.60.

Either way it still has to go down as one of the most tight fisted 'rewards' schemes ever.

... and you'll get lot's of extra spam too, just noticed this in the FAQs

Is there any reason why I might not be eligible for a reward?
You won't be eligible to earn or receive a reward if:

* You didn't earn enough points during the programme to reach the first level
* Your eBay account was suspended by eBay
[COLOR="Red"]* Your marketing preferences were not set to YES at all times during the programme[/COLOR]
* We deem your conduct during the promotion to be inappropriate. See terms and conditions for more information

Banned

I wonder if the scam merchants from Nigeria bidding huge amounts and using forged cheques are eligable?

ive found out a way send money to your self by sending it to a friend whom can send it back???

Original Poster

anyone earned anything yet?

Bumpage for this thread.

I have earned enough points for a £20 PayPal voucher - I spent around £250 - they topped up the points with 'Bonus days' where you got around 10 - 100 points. You also got points for writing your first review and for taking part in a survey.

I haven't received the voucher yet though (A week or so) since it closed, so here's hoping!

Original Poster

I got 1950 points, so qualified for a £10 paypal voucher, which is nice.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51456
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions