Found 19th Feb 2009
i cant belive it i bought some booties off ebay and they are fake i have took it up with paypal awaiting to here back from them not sure what happens next this hasnt happened to me before so im a little confused what to do
the seller listed them as sheepskin booties but the picture clearly showed ugg on the sign so i presumed they were real anyway they have came and they not im not sure where i stand as the seller didnt put genuine ?? i know you not allwed to sell fake anyway so hopefully ebay will be on my side when i said i just auto took it for granted they were real, i cant belive i have been had im normally good with this type of thing

anyway just needed to have a rant somewhere, anyone else exp simlar what was the outcome ? sarah

37 Comments

Whats the item number?

yeah i had this about a year ago. bought a pair of nike air max (st. patricks day edition) and once they turned up they were clearly fake. Sent the seller a message saying that I wanted a refund, including the postage i'd paid AND the postage to send them the trainers back. They agreed that they would meet the cost and refund the cost of the trainers and postage i'd already paid - so long as i left no feedback. so thats what i did. doesnt help the next poor s0d to buy from them i suppose, but i just wanted my £60 back!

I have NEVER heard of fake trainers! How sad, what next fake tampax ?

Original Poster

neilb1977;4425175

yeah i had this about a year ago. bought a pair of nike air max (st. … yeah i had this about a year ago. bought a pair of nike air max (st. patricks day edition) and once they turned up they were clearly fake. Sent the seller a message saying that I wanted a refund, including the postage i'd paid AND the postage to send them the trainers back. They agreed that they would meet the cost and refund the cost of the trainers and postage i'd already paid - so long as i left no feedback. so thats what i did. doesnt help the next poor s0d to buy from them i suppose, but i just wanted my £60 back!

ahh its a nightmare isnt it its just the hastle, im just hoping the seller doesnt turn round and say i never said they were real cos then i dont know where i stand as they just put sheepskin booties and no mention of ugg ! doh i didnt even realise just jumped in and bidded when i looked at the pic they looked so real hopefully they wont say that but if they do im not sure what happens next

paypal will more then likely make you provide proof they are fake's,

whats the ebay item number ? lets have a butchers

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;4425173

Whats the item number?

im not sure i just went to get the link and ebay have removed the listing from my ebay must be since i said they were fake so im not sure what to do now im glad i disputed thro paypal before they removed it

britonsarah;4425225

im not sure i just went to get the link and ebay have removed the listing … im not sure i just went to get the link and ebay have removed the listing from my ebay must be since i said they were fake so im not sure what to do now im glad i disputed thro paypal before they removed it

Wont it be in your feedback, ready to be left?

can i ask how u no there not sheepskin ?

Original Poster

Dub1;4425204

paypal will more then likely make you provide proof they are fake's,

how would i go about doing this would photos of them be enugh i supose you need to know what your looking for they really good unless you know what your looking for !! oh man looks like im going to be stuck with them

Original Poster

Dub1;4425235

can i ask how u no there not sheepskin ?

thats the thing they are sheepsking booties they lovely they just fake ugg brand i would of prefered plain sheepskin than fake ones if only i had took more notice before bidding

How much did you pay for them, show us a pic

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;4425234

Wont it be in your feedback, ready to be left?

nope its totally gone ebay have emailed me see below

We'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.

Any offers or bids placed on this auction-style listing are now null and void. If you were the winning bidder, you're no longer obliged to pay for the item:

260357810779 - BABY SHEEPSKIN BOOTIES

how do you no there fake uggs, not being nasty lol just thats what payapl is gonna say, and there gonna need a statement from shop etc who sell genuine uggs saying '' that these are fake etc '' this is what they needed from a m8 who was sold some scud items, he was then asked to destroy the item and was refunded via paypal, maybe some pics would help, as i buy uggs both fake and genuine and can atleast give you my 2cents

britonsarah;4425197

ahh its a nightmare isnt it its just the hastle, im just hoping the … ahh its a nightmare isnt it its just the hastle, im just hoping the seller doesnt turn round and say i never said they were real cos then i dont know where i stand as they just put sheepskin booties and no mention of ugg ! doh i didnt even realise just jumped in and bidded when i looked at the pic they looked so real hopefully they wont say that but if they do im not sure what happens next

i know, i've given up on eBay now, its just full of scammers out to rip people off. My last two big purchases on their have been from scammers. it used to be good on their a few years ago, shame really.

The only thing i will use it for in future is cheap phone/ipod covers etc...just 99p stuff.

If they havent mentioned ugg (or any brand name) or that they are genuine you may find it hard to prove the seller had misinformed people in the listing.

good luck....:thumbsup:

Original Poster

they the baby erin ones they have no tag inside with size or where they were made ect all other ugs i have bought have this also the cut of the boot is untidy like the little flap with velcro is all wonkie under the ebay sign on one boot i have looked on the ugg site and the stitching and cut on theres is spot on these are shoddy also one is slightly larger than other and one toe is rounded as uggs are and one is not they look odd ive had a few pairs of uggs and these just dont match up to the normal high standards of ugg

britonsarah;4425265

nope its totally gone ebay have emailed me see belowWe'd like to let you … nope its totally gone ebay have emailed me see belowWe'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.Any offers or bids placed on this auction-style listing are now null and void. If you were the winning bidder, you're no longer obliged to pay for the item:260357810779 - BABY SHEEPSKIN BOOTIES

thats good news mate, at least you can spend your money on something better - elsewhere hopefully!!!

Original Poster

neilb1977;4425288

i know, i've given up on eBay now, its just full of scammers out to rip … i know, i've given up on eBay now, its just full of scammers out to rip people off. My last two big purchases on their have been from scammers. it used to be good on their a few years ago, shame really. The only thing i will use it for in future is cheap phone/ipod covers etc...just 99p stuff. If they havent mentioned ugg (or any brand name) or that they are genuine you may find it hard to prove the seller had misinformed people in the listing. good luck....:thumbsup:

that was my only concern with them not mentioning they were ugg but the picture they have put on clearley misleads into that they are well thanks for your well wishes if i dont get anything back ill have to put it down to experience and be more carefull in future :thumbsup:

neilb1977;4425288

i know, i've given up on eBay now, its just full of scammers out to rip … i know, i've given up on eBay now, its just full of scammers out to rip people off.

Well technically nit picking, it can't be 'full' of scammers unless you class yourself as one? I'd say there is a reasonably low percentage of scammers and a much bigger percentage of idiots, then there's the rest of us ;-)

the thing is like you say they never mentioned there uggs + can you be there fake uggs the brand ie the ones made by deckers rather then ugg the style made in australia, who would still have the ugg badge on the back, on another note if they are fake then thats against ebay rules

Original Poster

Dub1;4425365

the thing is like you say they never mentioned there uggs + can you be … the thing is like you say they never mentioned there uggs + can you be there fake uggs the brand ie the ones made by deckers rather then ugg the style made in australia, who would still have the ugg badge on the back, on another note if they are fake then thats against ebay rules

the sign on the side is exactley the same as my deckers ones they are ment to look like deckers uggs and not just ugg boots, im very sure they fake just hope paypal sees it that way ebay must of seen it that way as they have closed the lisitng its gone all together so hopefully thats a good sign, but ive no exp in this type of thing so could go either way :oops: anyhoo ill keep you all informed of what they come back with thanks for all advice :thumbsup:

Dub1;4425365

the thing is like you say they never mentioned there uggs

So you got what you paid for. Sheepskin booties. Ebay probably cancelled the listing for photo theft.

out of interest what did they cost you ?

Original Poster

Shengis;4425427

So you got what you paid for. Sheepskin booties. Ebay probably cancelled … So you got what you paid for. Sheepskin booties. Ebay probably cancelled the listing for photo theft.

it wasnt photo theft it was a photo of the actuall bootie with the ugg sign on the side
i know i got what i paid for just when u think ur getting a bargain

Original Poster

Dub1;4425458

out of interest what did they cost you ?

they were £22 inc postage real ones are about £36 should of just got them but hey you learn from mistakes

britonsarah;4425476

they were £22 inc postage real ones are about £36 should of just got them … they were £22 inc postage real ones are about £36 should of just got them but hey you learn from mistakes

:thumbsup:

Never trust a photo.

maybe he/she thinks they are being smart not mentioning there ugg's, but eitherway they shouldnt sell fake items, no matter what there listed as.

britonsarah;4425476

they were £22 inc postage real ones are about £36 should of just got them … they were £22 inc postage real ones are about £36 should of just got them but hey you learn from mistakes

Original Poster

Dub1;4425556

maybe he/she thinks they are being smart not mentioning there ugg's, but … maybe he/she thinks they are being smart not mentioning there ugg's, but eitherway they shouldnt sell fake items, no matter what there listed as.

i think this too, thanks for your kind words hopefully ill hear somthing tonight ill come on and let you all know thanks again

Banned

If the photo was of ugg then they can at least get kicked off ebay for not using their own photo i think?

Original Poster

caraluvskittens;4425864

If the photo was of ugg then they can at least get kicked off ebay for … If the photo was of ugg then they can at least get kicked off ebay for not using their own photo i think?

it was there own photo it was of the actual item wich is a sheepskin bootie as they discribed but it has the trademark ugg signs on so it looks like a genuine ugg deckers bootie untill you get hold of it and have a closer look

AugQX;4425424

these are defo fake … these are defo fake (maybe)http://www.hemmy.net/2007/04/29/chinese-fake-brands/

koool

you will have to take the boots to a shoe store and get them to sign a bit of paper that says "these shoes are fake"

how would uno they would fit u

Original Poster

Tanchi;4426076

you will have to take the boots to a shoe store and get them to sign a … you will have to take the boots to a shoe store and get them to sign a bit of paper that says "these shoes are fake"

thanks for that ill see what paypal comes back with and ill do this thanks

Original Poster

well paypal have contacted me i have to send them back recorded within 10days and they will issue a refund im responsable to pay for the postage bit unfair but at least they have gone in my favour once she gets them back and has confirmed it they will refund me,
i also had a really nasty email off her saying she never said they were genuine she said they were sheepskin boots and if i had asked before the end of the auction she would of said they were copys,(i had a feeling this would come up)
i said i dont see why i should when copys arnt allowed on ebay and that she had feedback to say she was conned by someone selling her fake ghd so she should know how it feels to be conned with fakes
but up to now im ok ill get them sent off recorded tomorow and hopefully will get my refund next week
shame ebay took the listing off when i reported her i cant even leave bad feedback now never mind
thanks again for all the advice

Make sure you send them recorded at the least!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?35
    2. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…79
    3. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?22
    4. Electric Bike Advice.11

See more discussions