Groups

ebay / fedex delivery issue

I've got a bit of a quandary which hopefully someone can give me some pointers

I ordered an item off eBay which was delivered to my address but signed off under a name not known to me or any of my neighbours. I raised a claim but as it was delivered to my address eBay went with the seller and I am without my goods.

I then went on holiday and whilst away I've apparently signed for another delivery the seller has sent to me in errror and he wants them back (obviously). He says he will contact the courier to get them to prove who they delivered to (not that a couriers word could be trusted) or contact the authorities.

So I have no original item and no mistaken delivery items and the seller is accusing me of lying - I'm. It sure what to do

The proof of delivery shows a name for the item I ordered but I never got to see a signature, the others I do not know.

5 Comments

For your latter problem, you've done all you can. If he reports the issue to the police, they will do nothing, so don't lose any sleep over it. You can't return something you don't have and whatever they have signed is not prove you have it.

As for the former, that sucks. Your only option is to go to FedEx to see if you can get any more info to where it was delivered, but I don't hold out much hope for you there.

Was the item noticable
    I.e a computer or a phone?. Mostly some drivers dont even come near the address just leave the goods with a friend. Prob.

From a legal point proof of signature/delivery is not proof that the goods have been received by the customer. If Ebay refused a refund go to Paypal/the payment card provider used to ask them for one and you will get it. Paypal gives you 6 months from the original payment date to file a claim.

As for the seller, ignore them, unless you do have the 2nd item, in which case you are legally required to make it available for them to collect.

Which courier company was it please? You can't open a case with them, since it wasn't you who posted the items, but you can certainly enquire about it. Call your local depot with the tracking numbers for both items and ask them to have a look if the items have been accidentally returned to them.

Finally do what I did, install 1 or 2 cheap £60 1080p CCTV cameras outside and have them record to a networked hard drive/USB drive connected to the USB port on your broadband router.
    Edited by: "SUMMONER" 10th Jul

Original Poster

davecarr1

Was the item noticableI.e a computer or a phone?. Mostly some drivers … Was the item noticableI.e a computer or a phone?. Mostly some drivers dont even come near the address just leave the goods with a friend. Prob.

apparently it was lightening cable and a apple pencil, so i guess pretty small boxes.

Original Poster

SUMMONER

From a legal point proof of signature/delivery is not proof that the … From a legal point proof of signature/delivery is not proof that the goods have been received by the customer. If Ebay refused a refund go to Paypal/the payment card provider used to ask them for one and you will get it. Paypal gives you 6 months from the original payment date to file a claim.As for the seller, ignore them, unless you do have the 2nd item, in which case you are legally required to make it available for them to collect.Which courier company was it please? You can't open a case with them, since it wasn't you who posted the items, but you can certainly enquire about it. Call your local depot with the tracking numbers for both items and ask them to have a look if the items have been accidentally returned to them.Finally do what I did, install 1 or 2 cheap £60 1080p CCTV cameras outside and have them record to a networked hard drive/USB drive connected to the USB port on your broadband router.

i didnt know you could claim via paypal for an item if ebay has already refused your claim, i will look into this.

ive not received the first item, or the 2nd item(s) i dont know if they are shipped together or seperately.

it was Fedex, i only have the tracking for the first item as the seller provided that on claim, which shows a random name signing for an item at my property (i live alone, and its not any of the normal neighbours)

i think i will look at increasing my CCTV options yes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Superdrug weekly deals11
      2. Large Chest of Drawers1012
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree67
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!22

See more discussions