Groups

ebay fees

Hi can anyone tell me how much fee you pay on ebay once you sold something and is there any way i can check on ebay how much fees i owe or see how much fees they have taken off me for a sold item not sure how it works

6 Comments

go to "myebay", then account. Shows everything there.

Generally, its now free to advertise item, but you pay 10% of final selling fee which includes postage costs. So an item selling for say £90 with £10 postage would incur £10 of fees.

Then you have paypal fees, which isnt as much as ebay fees.

The thing to be careful of with ebay now is the postage. Ebay take 10% of the postage you quote when you list your item. So if the actual postage is £5.00 you get £4.50. And the importent thing people don't realise too is when you offer combined postage you now can't reduce the postage to the seller in eBay. You do the refund via Paypal. This means if the total quoted postage was £10.00 but you can send both items for £5 you have to be careful how much you refund because eBay still take 10% so that's £1. You should only refund £4 and not £5 or you lose that £1.

Don't know if I explained that well enough. But natually if you sell something that only get one bid at 99p and it cost £10 to post you will lose money.

Assuming you are a private seller you will pay the following:
    1. Insertion fee - unless you have a free listing offer.
    2. Final value fee - 10% of the final selling value including postage cost.
    These fees will be billed at the end of your monthly billing cycle.

You will also have to pay Paypal fees.
    1. 20p per transaction.
    2. 3.4% of the total amount.
    These fees are 'instant' and will be removed from your credit as it goes into your account.

If you are going to be selling lots of low priced items - and from memory the optimum amount is £8 - then you may be better having them credited to a Micro Paypal account. The percentage is slightly higher but the transaction fee is less.

Edited by: "windym" 24th Sep 2016

paypal.com/uk/…nts further to the above, it's actually £5 that Paypal suggest is the optimum value for a micro account (£5 and under that is).

You can only have two Paypal accounts and only one of any type. You could have a standard and a micro and send the auction payments to whichever you feel is most cost effective.

Edited by: "windym" 24th Sep 2016

PulisOut

And the importent thing people don't realise too is when you offer … And the importent thing people don't realise too is when you offer combined postage you now can't reduce the postage to the seller in eBay. You do the refund via Paypal. This means if the total quoted postage was £10.00 but you can send both items for £5 you have to be careful how much you refund because eBay still take 10% so that's £1. You should only refund £4 and not £5 or you lose that £1.

I think that only applies with buy it now listing, pretty sure you can still combine postage with auction listings by amending the invoice you send to the buyer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?23
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1956
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value26
      4. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1318

See more discussions