Found 11th Jul
Well I'm under 18 and I've been selling on eBay I've now got £80 fee's that I can't pay what should I do?

30 Comments

Learn to read terms and conditions nothing is free mate.
Recommend you contact customer services and try and setup a payment plan

It may be transferred to a bailiff agency. With an additional £18 charge

You need to be 18 to sell on ebay. I'm not a legal expert you could try and tell them your under age and see if they cancel your account. I doubt your the first one to try this trick on them.

Old enough to sell on eBay, but not old enough to pay the associated fees?

Sounds like this might be an expensive lesson, I'm afraid.

Find a way to pay it.

Raid your piggy bank!

You entered into a contract with ebay - albeit fraudulently as you must have lied about your age.

It will be a good lesson that you need to honour your debts - and that you shouldn't lie!

Speak to a parent/guardian I'm afraid.

Original Poster

I do regret it. But if I say I'm under age will they reverse it? My parents dont know I have ebay

£80? That's like 10 minutes work down Hampstead Heath

Sell more stuff on eBay and use that money to pay the fees.

Sell something (that belongs to you) for £100, that should cover what you owe.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 11th Jul

Try to use gumtree or facebook market place in future for selling as theres no fees then.

Oh dear, Looks they'll be sending big Dave around soon.

ask your parents for the cash. they should congratulate you on being entrepreneurial

mutley1

ask your parents for the cash. they should congratulate you on being … ask your parents for the cash. they should congratulate you on being entrepreneurial

Not that good a business model if they can't afford the fees! If it were my kid I would pay the fees but they would be paying me back and boy would they know about it. Sometimes I can live up to my name

psychobitchfromhell1 h, 36 m ago

Not that good a business model if they can't afford the fees! If it were …Not that good a business model if they can't afford the fees! If it were my kid I would pay the fees but they would be paying me back and boy would they know about it. Sometimes I can live up to my name

you have to give the kid a break. he didn't know about the fees but he tried to make money by flogging stuff. (unless he stole the stuff of course then i would give him a wack on the head if he was my kid. lol). he will learn from this that he needs to understand how things work before plunging headlong into doing anything. £80 is a cheap lesson to learn.

if i were this kid's mum, i would give him the £80 with a stern talk to about doing it behind my back and take the money slowly out of his pocket allowance so that he learns that everyone has to pay for their mistakes. but i would still think he didn't really do anything bad.

mutley1

you have to give the kid a break. he didn't know about the fees but he … you have to give the kid a break. he didn't know about the fees but he tried to make money by flogging stuff. (unless he stole the stuff of course then i would give him a wack on the head if he was my kid. lol). he will learn from this that he needs to understand how things work before plunging headlong into doing anything. £80 is a cheap lesson to learn.if i were this kid's mum, i would give him the £80 with a stern talk to about doing it behind my back and take the money slowly out of his pocket allowance so that he learns that everyone has to pay for their mistakes. but i would still think he didn't really do anything bad.

Oh I agree the kid has learned a hard lesson but they knowingly broke the rules. Living with the consequences of your mistakes is part of being an adult. Hopefully they will learn from their mistake

psychobitchfromhell1 h, 4 m ago

Oh I agree the kid has learned a hard lesson but they knowingly broke the …Oh I agree the kid has learned a hard lesson but they knowingly broke the rules. Living with the consequences of your mistakes is part of being an adult. Hopefully they will learn from their mistake

As a kid i made sure i always broke the rules. Lol. But i was clever / or lucky enough not to get in trouble. As an adult, i havent changed much.

mutley1

As a kid i made sure i always broke the rules. Lol. But i was clever / or … As a kid i made sure i always broke the rules. Lol. But i was clever / or lucky enough not to get in trouble. As an adult, i havent changed much. lol

Perhaps as a kid you were canny enough to realise which rules you could break and which it was not a good idea to break. Not all are. pretending you are older than you are to make a profit and then realising you got it all wrong I think it is time to think lesson learned .

psychobitchfromhell7 m ago

Perhaps as a kid you were canny enough to realise which rules you could …Perhaps as a kid you were canny enough to realise which rules you could break and which it was not a good idea to break. Not all are. pretending you are older than you are to make a profit and then realising you got it all wrong I think it is time to think lesson learned .

I just knew how not to get caught! But yes, i only broke rules where i knew the penalty was not severe. I did not break rules where the risk of being caught was high or where the penalty was severe. I was a difficult kid but i wasnt stupid because to people, my outward appearance was like a little angel, little did they know what i got up to.

mutley1

I just knew how not to get caught! But yes, i only broke rules where i … I just knew how not to get caught! But yes, i only broke rules where i knew the penalty was not severe. I did not break rules where the risk of being caught was high or where the penalty was severe. I was a difficult kid but i wasnt stupid because to people, my outward appearance was like a little angel, little did they know what i got up to.

I have a niece very like that.

To have 80 in fees you must have made a fair bit. If you've spent it all then unlucky. Bailiffs are gonna kick down your door and take all your possessions and your mum's if she hasn't got receipts

Sell your pc, pay the fees!

For £80 of fees you must have sold about £800 worth of stuff!

How did your parents not notice you selling £800 of stuff?! oO

Either fess up to the parents and ask them to help cover the charge or sell something else of yours to cover the fees.
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 16th Jul

Ps hopefully you'll learn to read the T&Cs next time and realise that nothing is free in this world.

I'm still surprised you sold £800 worth of stuff, yet don't have the cash to cover the fees, plus your parents haven't noticed!

Maybe sell stuff on gumtree or Facebook marketplace next time as there are no fees.

Do more research next time and don't try & find loopholes to get out of a predicament, you need to man-up and pay what's due like everyone else has to.

inbrief.co.uk/con…rs/

ebay will not be able to enforce the contract on you, so you will get away with it.

http://alleyesonscreen.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/legally-blonde.jpg

sicklysweet

For £80 of fees you must have sold about £800 worth of stuff!How did your … For £80 of fees you must have sold about £800 worth of stuff!How did your parents not notice you selling £800 of stuff?! oOEither fess up to the parents and ask them to help cover the charge or sell something else of yours to cover the fees.

Maybe he sold his parents.
Edited by: "dealpickle" 16th Jul

If you want to avoid fees in the future then going by gumtree is the only way

Use seller promotion like one coming this Sunday and Monday of max £1 fee per item. I learned a lesson hard way. Paid 300 couple of months back when i could have paid 30
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!44
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3484
    3. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz1115
    4. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?812

See more discussions