Groups

ebay fees

Banned
    Just sold an item for £62, final value fee was £6.20!
    Are they taking 10% these days?
    Extortionate if you ask me.

23 Comments

Thats ebay for you i would love it if a new auction site poped up

Banned

They have been taking 10% for quite some time now,

They been takin the **** even longer thou

Yep, 10% is taking the mick, but has been for a long time now.

I've stopped using ebay in favour of Cex for anything video game related.

Thing is you will you probably get 10% more on ebay than most alternatives anyway, most alternatives you would struggle to sell it at all.

plus listing fees?
    plus you have to pay postage / and pay for jiffy bags etc

ridiculous!

y didnt u sell it on here lol
    xx

Its a good place to buy though...I haven't sold for ages

I don't mind the fees,coz stuff i have to sell i'd never sell on here,people wouldn't pay the prices i want so even with all the fees it's worth it to me.

gr8h8me;7020644

Its a good place to buy though...I haven't sold for ages

+1 i always buy

kerri_ plus listing fees?plus you have to pay postage / and pay for jiffy bags etcridiculous!y didnt u sell it on here lolxx

Banned

greg_68;7020673

Because for a £62 item on here some twonk would offer £25.There is a dvd s … Because for a £62 item on here some twonk would offer £25.There is a dvd sale in the FS for £2.50 delivered (which is cheap) and someone has offered £1.50, it's gonna cost £1 to post it so they are going to make 50p.

It would be easier to sell all the DVD together but I'm sure that would be bulk selling, if it was say 100 DVDs in your collection, anything you sell on here under £4 is not worth it at all IMO

greg_68;7020673

Because for a £62 item on here some twonk would offer £25.There is a dvd s … Because for a £62 item on here some twonk would offer £25.There is a dvd sale in the FS for £2.50 delivered (which is cheap) and someone has offered £1.50, it's gonna cost £1 to post it so they are going to make 50p.

were all tight ***** lol!!

that reminds me i got some stuff to sell
    will try here but proply resort to fleabay
    xx

Banned

I hate ebay now. It's a joke that they don't let you charge for postage on some things. You can't really sell second-hand books and DVDs on there any more because of it. You actually lose money if your item sells for 99p.

kerri_ plus listing fees?plus you have to pay postage / and pay for jiffy bags etcridiculous!y didnt u sell it on here lolxx

If you don't like it, don't use it

I think the fees are reasonable

Kimchi Fart;7020740

I hate ebay now. It's a joke that they don't let you charge for postage … I hate ebay now. It's a joke that they don't let you charge for postage on some things. You can't really sell second-hand books and DVDs on there any more because of it. You actually lose money if your item sells for 99p.

I lost money on a book because the postage was almost double what I got for it.

If you sell buy it now then most fees work out a lot less than 10%,you just need to spend a few minutes working out the fees before you advertise,

Ungreat;7021420

I lost money on a book because the postage was almost double what I got … I lost money on a book because the postage was almost double what I got for it.

Why didn't you research the postal costs before selling and set the postal charges on ebay accordingly?

greg_68;7021463

Why didn't you research the postal costs before selling and set the … Why didn't you research the postal costs before selling and set the postal charges on ebay accordingly?

Stupidity on my part. :roll:

greg_68;7020673

True this is tight ar5e central.

Ungreat;7021504

Stupidity on my part. :roll:

Lesson learnt then? Bet you will check in future:thumbsup:

I did similar once I did check postage on weight, but forgot to allow for decent packaging which doubled the weight!:w00t:

Banned

greg_68;7021463

Why didn't you research the postal costs before selling and set the … Why didn't you research the postal costs before selling and set the postal charges on ebay accordingly?

You can't charge postage on some things any more. I know you can't with books and games, probably DVDs too. If you're selling a second hand book, a lot of people wont pay more than 99p. Your lucky to get one bid. It's only worth putting something on there if you know it will get interest and is selling for a decent price. There's certain games I want to sell but just wont bother on ebay as I know they don't go for more than a fiver. If I could charge postage on top of that £5 I would happily sell.

Banned

i sold a game on ebay for £30 - final value fee £3 il get £27 plus the p&p i need to spend im left with £25 due to free p&p rule fs

Original Poster Banned

tonyg1962;7021433

If you sell buy it now then most fees work out a lot less than 10%,you … If you sell buy it now then most fees work out a lot less than 10%,you just need to spend a few minutes working out the fees before you advertise,

I thought there was a listing fee, final value fee, reserve price fee and buy it now fee.
    Are you saying the final value fee is a lower percentage if the item is buy it now rather than auction style?
    Whenever I have looked at their links for fees they are so complicated i end up baffled by it all!
    Factor in paypal and it's not worth it half the time!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543727
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767112
      3. word association Game73844438
      4. PC Gamers - Steam Friends?933

See more discussions