Found 17th Oct 2010
Ok so buy it now fees are seriously confusing me. I get the part that I will have to pay 20p to list it, but then I can't figure out how much they take once it's sold. What I am selling are tickets, and say they sell at £80 buy it now...how much exactly will eBay/PayPal take? Sorry for the noob question

8 Comments

Banned

it usually tells you how much you will pay before listing it, remember also paypal fees as these dont show up when listing, i dont think anyway
Edited by: "sassie" 17th Oct 2010

I work on the principle 10% eBay fees and 5% paypal fees but if you google 'ebay fee calculator' there are calculators which when you put the info in will tell you what you should expect to pay.

Banned

Listing Fee: £0.20
Final Value Fee: £6.72
PayPal Fees: £2.92
Total Amount Due: £70.16
rough estimates.

Might make a few quid more if say you charge £5 postage and I actually costs £3.etc
Edited by: "vlj" 17th Oct 2010

I think ebay take 10% and paypal around 4 %... i've not sold anything for about a year though so could be wrong

Simple way is to expect to fork out 20% of the total (although it works out slightly under) and that way you can easily calculate your return/profit. If you overcharge for P&P your reputation gets marked down.

when your listing the 2nd page tells you at the bottom (the page which asks if u want to make changes/edit etc)

I use this online calculator for a break down on fees and profit, quite handy. ecal.altervista.org/en/…uk/

Original Poster

Thanks all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380
    2. Show us your Photos 2017. October's Theme - 'Anything'32486
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247615
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604803

See more discussions