Expired

Ebay Fees - Large Increase in fees up to 300% list now to avoid new fees!

19 replies
Found 22nd Aug 2008
Hi not really a deal just to say if you have any items to list on ebay suggest you do it now before 24 sept as ebay fees are on the rise again.

Hi just had a message from ebay regarding new fee structure

pages.ebay.co.uk/pri…08/

seems fees are going to rise again notably final valuation fees from 7.5% to 9.9% (33% increase) and minimum listing fee has gone up from 10p to 40p (300%)

Anyone recommend an alternative auction site for listing small value goods as with paypal fees its hardly worth listing anything less than 5 pounds

18 Comments

As you said yourself, this is not a deal.
COLD.

Should this have been better posted in the Miscellaneous section?

Admin

Moved to misc

Its about time Ebay was reported to the Monopolies Commission (of which, rather alarmingly, there is only one).

adtrader.co.uk

No fees, it goes in those yellow and blue newspapers that appear on Wednesdays and Saturday - and you can also look at the ads online. Everything is pick up or delivered to you - so while you miss out on the weird stuff from far away - you never pay someone who disappears with your money.

No slice to paypal too - and being cash you can tell the tax man about it as much as you like (if you are trading).

They receive money from paid adverts from companies, from people buying the newspapers, and from people paying to call you about your ad (your own number is hidden - and they list one that diverts to you - and take a fee from the caller for this).

The page doesnt load properly for me, i jsut get "Legal notice and fee changes" in big letters.. then blank

Titchimp;2799628

The page doesnt load properly for me, i jsut get "Legal notice and fee … The page doesnt load properly for me, i jsut get "Legal notice and fee changes" in big letters.. then blank

works fine for me. IE7

Banned

thisll be them making up for not charging you to add pics to your gallery anymore

Very similar post here
]http//ww…-10
although since the user called it fleabay it may not have shown up when you searched and he doesn't mention the min listing fee - simply outrageous.
I will only be using eBay when there is no alternative.

eBid fees are more reasonable. They also offer a one off payment of £50 for unlimited auctions at no fees.

uk.ebid.net/

Sin

I can't log on to ebid though. It just keeps saying my details are wrong but I've just copied and pasted them from the verification email so I know they are correct. Grrrr! Cos I wanted to check it out to finally ditch ebay.

Original Poster

Why is there only one well known online auction site in the Uk, its obvioulsy a very profitable buisness as you dont have to actually supply any goods only providing a service.

As theirs hundreads of competitors in any other internet based service (Online music,holidays,price comparison ect) why only 1 well known auction site.

Why does no other large company ,yahoo or microsoft take advantage of thisand come up with a competitor?

Banned

bigjeremy;2799828

Why is there only one well known online auction site in the Uk, its … Why is there only one well known online auction site in the Uk, its obvioulsy a very profitable buisness as you dont have to actually supply any goods only providing a service.As theirs hundreads of competitors in any other internet based service (Online music,holidays,price comparison ect) why only 1 well known auction site.Why does no other large company ,yahoo or microsoft take advantage of thisand come up with a competitor?

or we could team up and make 1

It was suggested on MSE that Google shoule set one up, but I`ve got to agree Ebay have all of the business there could be. Maybe it is time for someone in government to step in.

Original Poster

I already have the domain name reuse.me.uk , would make a good auction type site if i had the money!

Ps+ I can never get the multiquote od q-reply to work for me - what am i doing wrong?

Banned

how about eebay for people who acc. mistype it?

Banned

or G-bay?

Titchimp;2799628

The page doesnt load properly for me, i jsut get "Legal notice and fee … The page doesnt load properly for me, i jsut get "Legal notice and fee changes" in big letters.. then blank

me too , I get the same . just what are those r soles up to. been a member of ebay for many years now ,but this price hike is a disgrace .

update :there's a good write up with a bit more detail , here :
pcadvisor.co.uk/new…401

cheers for the link to ebid ,I've just joined so I'll take my business away from ebay now .

salder21;2799938

how about eebay for people who acc. mistype it?

I think if you set up an auction site then eBay would accuse you of stealing their name...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android pay set up58
    2. Whey protien634
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!22
    4. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?33

See more discussions