eBay Final Value Fee only £2.92 from a £75 B.I.N.....?

9 replies
Found 23rd Nov 2010
What the hell? Sold something on eBay, it got a best offer of £75 + £5 postage and my final value fee to eBay was only £2.92...I thought it's 10% of first £50 then 5% of the rest of the balance

9 Comments

Original Poster

solved
Edited by: "Bhav007" 23rd Nov 2010

I got charged 10% on 3 items i sold last week just looked at my invoice.

why moan then ?

Original Poster

waterloo

I got charged 10% on 3 items i sold last week just looked at my invoice.

It's strange usually I do too

juninho7

why moan then ?

No one's moaning...just confused and curious...

Just looked 2 items 10%, the other item best offer fixed price same as you it only took £9.37 from £125 so thats why best offer fixed price is less fees.

Original Poster

waterloo

Just looked 2 items 10%, the other item best offer fixed price same as … Just looked 2 items 10%, the other item best offer fixed price same as you it only took £9.37 from £125 so thats why best offer fixed price is less fees.

Hmm that's strange but good to know...looks like i'll be selling everything with best offer fixed price!!

'Best offer' is less fee's on eBay, thats why I've always preferred to list them that way
Edited by: "Pr3cious18" 23rd Nov 2010

Are ebay invoices usually trustworthy? Because when I first started I never check them.

I am going to print all of them off on Saturday, and check them one by one.

Original Poster

DOH....lol....looks like this is of the norm. The final value fees vary from category to category (which I completely forgot) and mobile phones come under 'technology' for which the fees are:

5.25% of the initial £29.99 (£1.57) + 3% of the remaining balance of the final selling price

which low and behold comes to...£2.92. Learn something new everyday!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710967
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247555
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769191
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624

See more discussions