Ebay forcing you to sell for lower

Found 29th Nov 2017
Okay there not forcing you bit clickbait however ebay are taking the mick assuming there getting desperate there was articles few weeks ago where amazon was reducing third party seller prices without telling them to gain sales (disgusting)

now ebay are up to it, already when I got to list something I have to go back on as it sets Buy it now offers on by default and the option to turn it off is now in a sub menu on the new ebay layout, hiding it from you, so you go turn it off,

if the item has not sold in a week your get a little email from them

We’ve allowed buyers to make offers on 1 of your items
Hi xxxxxx
Although your item has been listed for more than a week, views are low compared to other similar listings. The price may be too high. Letting buyers make offers will increase your chance of selling.

--

How nice of them now nobody will hit buy it now cause there going to assume i'd take less, its a product that will sell for the price i set it just needs to find the right buyer, ebay is heading down the same rope, will see them reducing items soon lol
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
I noticed this last night. When you list an item it automatically sets an offer acceptance price of half of the buy it now price!
cdm2219 m ago

I noticed this last night. When you list an item it automatically sets an …I noticed this last night. When you list an item it automatically sets an offer acceptance price of half of the buy it now price!

Really?

Wow! How do I tell what this applies to? I may want to do some shopping...
mas995 m ago

Really?Wow! How do I tell what this applies to? I may want to do some …Really?Wow! How do I tell what this applies to? I may want to do some shopping...

I would imagine most, if not all, 'buy it now' ebay listings. If the seller missed the box ticked for offers when listing the item that is (and many will)
I always allow offers and set minimum acceptance price.
Bigspin54 m ago

I always allow offers and set minimum acceptance price.

I find this system pointless because lets say your selling a PS4, people will go to buy it now lowest to highest, the general cheapeast for example is 100£, so with buy it now lets say you put 120£, and will to take 100£ if someone puts buy it now, people won't best offer you, they will just buy the cheapest on there, and your be left with the idiots lowballing, I think the best offer is only suitable for niche products that are more rare, forcing buy it now on popular items is just pointless I always look at cheapest and sold listings and put my competitively with them.

if you have not noticed I hate best offer, just invites people to be rude
Edited by: "Creatish" 29th Nov 2017
mas991 h, 16 m ago

Really?Wow! How do I tell what this applies to? I may want to do some …Really?Wow! How do I tell what this applies to? I may want to do some shopping...

basically if the item is around the cheapest and it has buy it now offer don't bother offering its ebay forcing them, many people miss bargains because its cheap but its buy it now and wait till they reject then its gone :P
clickbait - cold
I had a few listings I could not remove 'make an offer' from too. As mentioned it just invites people to not buy and make a lower offer instead. I only use it if I'm having trouble shifting something and even then I prefer to lower the price myself
All my listings are BIN, a few with best offer. As far as I can see, none of mine have been altered.
All my listings are Buy it Now or Best Offer. None of mine have been altered and I've not seen a default acceptance offer either.

Also to my surprise despite allowing best offers 9/10 of my buyers will pay the asking price and not even attempt an offer.
Creatish2 h, 14 m ago

I find this system pointless because lets say your selling a PS4, people …I find this system pointless because lets say your selling a PS4, people will go to buy it now lowest to highest, the general cheapeast for example is 100£, so with buy it now lets say you put 120£, and will to take 100£ if someone puts buy it now, people won't best offer you, they will just buy the cheapest on there, and your be left with the idiots lowballing, I think the best offer is only suitable for niche products that are more rare, forcing buy it now on popular items is just pointless I always look at cheapest and sold listings and put my competitively with them.if you have not noticed I hate best offer, just invites people to be rude

I have best offer on everything, it doesn't do any harm, plus it lets you stick terms on (Differen't postage etc).
Yeah, then some numpty offers you a completely ridiculous price, which either gets ignored or rejected, then you have the worry that they will purchase it full price and scam you for non delivery.

Best offer option keeps getting switched on by default when my partner lists her carp. Should be the other way round.
splatsplatsplat1 h, 44 m ago

Yeah, then some numpty offers you a completely ridiculous price, which …Yeah, then some numpty offers you a completely ridiculous price, which either gets ignored or rejected, then you have the worry that they will purchase it full price and scam you for non delivery.Best offer option keeps getting switched on by default when my partner lists her carp. Should be the other way round.

I agree with the scam thing, Ignore them and sometimes even leave a snarky remark because in my opinion its rude to lowball like some do, makes me wonder if they ever actually got someone to accept lol
The other main reason why ebay like the accept best offer option is that before best offer became an option buyer's were making offers and many sellers accepted on the agreement they could cancel the listing and the buyer just sent the money straight to PayPal, this saved eBay fees. I used to get lots of offers on items and the buyers would state just delist the item and I will pick up and pay cash to save you paying fees. EBay now having best offer means most offer transactions now go through ebay so they still get there cut.

An example was when I was selling a trailer for £300, the seller said he would give £270 cash and if I delist the item the fees saved would mean I still get there and money in the end if not more as I would also save on PayPal fees.

I have given up on eBay and not sold on there for about 3 years, buyer's have to much rights compared to sellers, 1 in 4 transactions started to become refunds as buyer's played on the slightest things or buyer's claiming to have not received items, and then there was genuine lost items were royal mail lost many of my items even though sent recorded.

I now only sell through sphock now, no fees and easy to list items. buyer's come to me and pay cash, they get to see and test the goods there buying so no messing later. You do get buyer's on there asking if you will accept PayPal and post but I just refuse as soon enough there will be a cash buyer.

google.co.uk/sea…F-8

32603237-uA0QF.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 29th Nov 2017
It's not a default acceptance amount. It's a threshold at which you will consider offers above.

Though the forcing of BIN is annoying, as is them trying to force you you use eBay shutl.
deleted1431257
Was very annoying last week when using my allocation of “max £1 final fee” listings. Had to edit it a load of times before it set what I wanted for “buy it now” and delivery fees.
What about Lokal isn't that free?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants