eBay fraud but can't see the fraud. Please help

Found 8th Apr
A couple of weeks ago I listed an item ,namely a cd storage case , aluminium, and holds 120 CDs or dvds. it's a used item and expect nothing more than 15 pounds for it. Someone with 0 feedback won after it sold for 35 pounds beating another user whom I shall call tractor. Naturally they didn't pay. I won the non payment case and listed it again.
Just now the listing has ended. Tractor was bidding against another 0 feedback user but this time won. ...... for 105 quid Inc postage. eBay says they've paid, checked my PayPal and the money is in there. So where is the fraud. the item is certainly not worth that.Just don't get it???
Community Updates
Ask
34 Comments
Is it a collection item?
No, postage. I listed it 2nd class but I think I'll post it signed for now. Weird don't you think?
Strange he didn't bid over the £35 first time round then second time around got into a bidding war and payed over £100. Two guesses he really wanted it but missed the end of the first auction.
Or he didn't pay over £35 because he was thinking i will just by another then couldn't find another that would suit and was gutted first time around missing it.
If it's sold for £105 then you'll need Special Delivery or a courier (will be cheaper) to be covered up to the full amount.
Thanks for all your comments no matter how lame. The same item can be found new for 18 quid Inc delivery. Why would someone pay 105 quid for it. I just think there is more to it. Strange that it's been listed twice and this person has gone up against someone with 0 feedback twice. Anyway cheers. I'll post it off n see what happens.
Burkos5 m ago

Thanks for all your comments no matter how lame. The same item can be …Thanks for all your comments no matter how lame. The same item can be found new for 18 quid Inc delivery. Why would someone pay 105 quid for it. I just think there is more to it. Strange that it's been listed twice and this person has gone up against someone with 0 feedback twice. Anyway cheers. I'll post it off n see what happens.

If it's new for £18 including delivery I would but the new one and get it delivered to his address. Then the argument if they claim non delivery will be substantiated by the company you pay and he won't be able to complain about the condition. £87 profit.
Edited by: "mrty" 8th Apr
mrty4 m ago

If it's new for £18 including delivery I would but the new one and get it …If it's new for £18 including delivery I would but the new one and get it delivered to his address. Then the argument if they claim non delivery will be substantiated by the company you pay and he won't be able to complain about the condition. £87 profit.

And if they say they've changed their mind and would like a return??
Probably put the decimal point in the wrong place and hasn't realised YET.
they will take delivery , wait for approx 3-4 weeks and then raise a non-delivery /faulty /broken with ebay and paypal. Its a low value item so they hope you wont bother with the full rigmarole . I tried selling something on Gumtree (ebays fees were too high) and somebody bought it at the asking price and wanted to send round a courier to collect it. That way , you have no way of proving that you actually handed over the item as no postage. the big point being is that your/their money is held in the paypal account for 4 weeks , you cant cash it out
On ebay , if its looks too good to be true , then its a scam. £100 for a £35 item falls into that category.
If the buyer is legit and it all works out , please for ward my address as I have Bridge to sell.
At least this is my understanding of how these scams work. I didnt sell my item btw
It's not like this one is it?
33600765-vzXeC.jpgIf it is I'll be in the loft later.
shadey126 m ago

It's not like this one is it?[Image] If it is I'll be in the loft later.

It is exactly that...yes.
It may be a stolen paypal account and they can do a chargeback. Not sure if they would take that money from you though or if paypal suck that up.
GwanGy18 m ago

they will take delivery , wait for approx 3-4 weeks and then raise a …they will take delivery , wait for approx 3-4 weeks and then raise a non-delivery /faulty /broken with ebay and paypal. Its a low value item so they hope you wont bother with the full rigmarole . I tried selling something on Gumtree (ebays fees were too high) and somebody bought it at the asking price and wanted to send round a courier to collect it. That way , you have no way of proving that you actually handed over the item as no postage. the big point being is that your/their money is held in the paypal account for 4 weeks , you cant cash it out On ebay , if its looks too good to be true , then its a scam. £100 for a £35 item falls into that category.If the buyer is legit and it all works out , please for ward my address as I have Bridge to sell.At least this is my understanding of how these scams work. I didnt sell my item btw

Thing is I've spoke to eBay and checked the buyer. She has a feedback of 83 just from buying. Positive feedback. She paid instantly. I will send recorded so cant claim non delivery. I just fear there may be a chargeback or something. I can't not send it can I. It maybe legit after all
shadey1230 m ago

It's not like this one is it?[Image] If it is I'll be in the loft later.

115 quid right there
Burkos1 h, 28 m ago

Thing is I've spoke to eBay and checked the buyer. She has a feedback of …Thing is I've spoke to eBay and checked the buyer. She has a feedback of 83 just from buying. Positive feedback. She paid instantly. I will send recorded so cant claim non delivery. I just fear there may be a chargeback or something. I can't not send it can I. It maybe legit after all

You clearly didn't read my post. "Recorded" (doesn't exist anymore) is Signed For - it's a signature on receipt with compensation to £50. It wont' cover you if the item goes missing. Use a carrier or Special Delivery. The carrier will be much cheaper.
Burkos4 h, 4 m ago

115 quid right there

Found at least 3 in my loft, sure I had more,
33601255.jpg
Edited by moderator: "." 8th Apr
Well I'm very interested to see how this pans out. Best of luck OP. So weird if it is an honest buy.

I used to sell trashed shoes, that was weird but at least you know why they want them and pay amounts. This is very weird.
fingers crossed for you
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 8th Apr
LeahsMintytoutou3 m ago

Well I'm very interested to see how this pans out. Best of luck OP. So …Well I'm very interested to see how this pans out. Best of luck OP. So weird if it is an honest buy. I used to sell trashed shoes, that was weird but at least you know why they want them and pay amounts. This is very weird.fingers crossed for you

Thank you. I will post it tomorrow and then fingers crossed it's all good. I'm gonna play savvy tho and not touch the money until I get feedback or a certain amount of time has passed.
By the way if anyone is interested and wants to have a look or maybe do a bit of digging. The item no. Was 263580722073. They've sold as cheap as 6.25 so it's really doing my nut.
Edited by: "Burkos" 8th Apr
They probably think it is something it is not.
They probley thought it was one of those large trunk storage units
Sign it, you must be famous.
LeahsMintytoutou14 h, 6 m ago

Well I'm very interested to see how this pans out. Best of luck OP. So …Well I'm very interested to see how this pans out. Best of luck OP. So weird if it is an honest buy. I used to sell trashed shoes, that was weird but at least you know why they want them and pay amounts. This is very weird.fingers crossed for you

Lol you're brave... I wouldn't sell to fetishisists as they would see my address when they buy on eBay and this sort of people Is weird and you never know what they could get up to... Plus I only have used trainers...
hearts221 h, 36 m ago

Lol you're brave... I wouldn't sell to fetishisists as they would see my …Lol you're brave... I wouldn't sell to fetishisists as they would see my address when they buy on eBay and this sort of people Is weird and you never know what they could get up to... Plus I only have used trainers...

TBH I never had any issues. They just wanted the shoes, that's it they were normal people (well) with a strange liking for feet. I did get a couple of requests for foot worshipping but I didn't dare take up that offer. These people ranged from students to police officers!
Used to save up my tatty shoes and then trash em up abit more deliberately and wear em around the house in bare feet I build up any aroma
Another lady that did the same thing gave me a tip to buy Stilton and stick in in the trainer/ shoes for a couple days before posting but I didn't agree with that, felt I was cheating the feet people
Any market for unwashed socks? My feet can get a bit whiffy and if I can sell them for £xx >>>?
Good luck OP
I personally wouldn't send it as from my understanding, Ebay now requires the seller to pay for the return postage if the buyer wants a refund?
Edited by: "HellRazer" 9th Apr
LeahsMintytoutou10 h, 11 m ago

TBH I never had any issues. They just wanted the shoes, that's it TBH I never had any issues. They just wanted the shoes, that's it they were normal people (well) with a strange liking for feet. I did get a couple of requests for foot worshipping but I didn't dare take up that offer. These people ranged from students to police officers! Used to save up my tatty shoes and then trash em up abit more deliberately and wear em around the house in bare feet I build up any aroma Another lady that did the same thing gave me a tip to buy Stilton and stick in in the trainer/ shoes for a couple days before posting but I didn't agree with that, felt I was cheating the feet people

Stilton to mimic the stink of cheesy feet is quite clever haha. I'll never understand these foot fetishisists lol.
GwanGy7 h, 30 m ago

Any market for unwashed socks? My feet can get a bit whiffy and if I can …Any market for unwashed socks? My feet can get a bit whiffy and if I can sell them for £xx >>>?Good luck OP

Absolutley! Men's are even more sought after then women's! Or they were when I used to do it. Just type worn socks on eBay, you'll get an idea. Just think of the money you could get coming in for doing nothing
hearts2231 m ago

Stilton to mimic the stink of cheesy feet is quite clever …Stilton to mimic the stink of cheesy feet is quite clever haha. I'll never understand these foot fetishisists lol.

Yeah it is weird. I don't get it but if they are willing to pay for shoes I would throw away, I didn't mind they were always really polite people too. I might take it bk up after talking about it
As promised.......the outcome is , I had an overwhelming sense of guilt so I messaged the buyer to confirm what they were buying was just a case. No dvds or CDs were included. I got no reply so I posted it special delivery which cost me £11 but at least I was covered. She signed for it today and left me feedback saying"if I had non (sic) I wouldn't have made the last bid. Can't change it now".
The whole thing is truly bizarre but I've now got 105 quid in my account from a £15 cd case. Am I right in saying now that feedback has been left there is no recourse?
Burkos7 m ago

As promised.......the outcome is , I had an overwhelming sense of guilt so …As promised.......the outcome is , I had an overwhelming sense of guilt so I messaged the buyer to confirm what they were buying was just a case. No dvds or CDs were included. I got no reply so I posted it special delivery which cost me £11 but at least I was covered. She signed for it today and left me feedback saying"if I had non (sic) I wouldn't have made the last bid. Can't change it now".The whole thing is truly bizarre but I've now got 105 quid in my account from a £15 cd case. Am I right in saying now that feedback has been left there is no recourse?

It doesn't matter... If she wanted she could still open a case.
She can't open a case just because she thought she was buying something else, though. You haven't misled her so it's her fault. She would have to make up some fault or something like that.

I left a feedback once hastily then had to open a case for item not as described. The fact I had already left a positive feedback didn't prevent me from winning the case.
Edited by: "hearts22" 10th Apr
Burkos1 h, 36 m ago

As promised.......the outcome is , I had an overwhelming sense of guilt so …As promised.......the outcome is , I had an overwhelming sense of guilt so I messaged the buyer to confirm what they were buying was just a case. No dvds or CDs were included. I got no reply so I posted it special delivery which cost me £11 but at least I was covered. She signed for it today and left me feedback saying"if I had non (sic) I wouldn't have made the last bid. Can't change it now".The whole thing is truly bizarre but I've now got 105 quid in my account from a £15 cd case. Am I right in saying now that feedback has been left there is no recourse?

Hmm so what did she think it was? Very strange. Move the money out of your PayPal account but don't spend it. Save it incase of any issues arising like her opening a case. Don't leave her feedback until 40days has passed either
Aaaagh. Left feedback as I thought it was the least I could do. Live and learn I suppose.
Burkos11 h, 36 m ago

Aaaagh. Left feedback as I thought it was the least I could do. Live and …Aaaagh. Left feedback as I thought it was the least I could do. Live and learn I suppose.

Don't worry. You can only leave a positive feedback so it doesn't make any difference to a buyer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants