eBay Fraudulent listings

Posted 26th May 2020
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that EBay are not able to remove all of the fake listings that they currently have!!

Fake hair clipper listings

Fake Dumbell listings

DO NOT BUY from the following seller, this is yet another to be added to your list: posting on EBAY UK but is in the USA

[image missing]

[image missing]
Community Updates
7 Comments
These item are being sold at £14.99 each. Seller is called daizsasha_65
1. If the price is too good to be true... then it’s a scam

2. I’m sure eBay go through thousands of listings a day but for every 1 listing they delete, another 10 get uploaded. Also last time I checked eBay they were focusing on price gouging of medical supplies mainly due to low staff
Let’s hope so but they need to do more
What do you expect them to do? Check each listing manually?
Edited by: "jamie15" 26th May
They need to something, at the end of the day it is their platform
To be fair, buyers also need to exercise a little common sense. Check feedback, check how many of those were recent sales and if there is a discrepancy between what they usually sell and then sudden change in listings . Pay with PayPal of course. Vast majority of times, eBay sides with seller anyway.
If price is to good to be true when compared against other similar items then exercise caution.
OP, I’ve reported the listings individually and also by using the ‘report a seller’ by username via the help&contact option at the top of eBay’s header, and written a paragraph stating why I think the listings are fraudulent.
I’ve also reported another scammer : rob-9664
So far the no. of scammers I’ve reported and had their listings cancelled for exercise equipment, hair clippers and Xbox controllers total 14 since lockdown. Unfortunately I fear this is a never ending game of cat and mouse, but unless buyers do their research as @AnkerMan rightly suggests, then the scammers will keep trying their luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text