eBay fraudulent sales

I am looking at buying a motorbike and it seems my local area is a hot spot for fraudulent sales.

So I have been reporting them as I see them through the crappy eBay system, is there any other way to report these items?

I can spot them quite easily as the accounts have zero feedback, 1 image of the bike and when you reverse image search that image it always shows up somewhere else.

Surprise surprise the listing is still up days later despite eBay "taking claims very seriously", it's not like it's a cheap item or a few hundred we are talking thousands. One of the bikes will sell in the 10k range, despite the image being completely different to the bike listed some morons are still bidding on it.

Do eBay just honestly not give a toss, is there an email or somewhere I can contact them directly?

9 Comments

That report button is likely only there so that they look more legit.

It doesn't work.

Best to avoid buying on the Internet as the scammers are on every site.

Searched for a few things lately myself, I'd have to agree it's becoming a bit of a joke. Was looking for a desktop and found one which was under priced buy 1/3 of every other one the same, and low and behold zero feedback!! Surprised to say they had went to some length to layout the eBay fonts as a legit business. As the feedback system that's just become a joke too. Most even legit sellers can have up too 65 bad feedbacks in the last months!! Why would they care if I make it 66. Don't think they give a crap tbh. The money their making it shouldn't even be down to us to windle through the bad eggs

How would the fraud work? Surely you'd be a bit suspicious when you went to view.

Original Poster

redcantona

How would the fraud work? Surely you'd be a bit suspicious when you went … How would the fraud work? Surely you'd be a bit suspicious when you went to view.

I was looking at one bike and messaged the seller some questions, he barely could put a sentence together and knew nothing about motorcycles and when I asked if I could view it went silent. Unfortunately alot of people don't have the fore thought. It works though as they also take bank orders / postal orders and say they will ship nationally. So presumably people send off their money and the bikes never arrive.

Don't get it ? Surely you don't buy a bike and get it posted to you ! You go to look at it , test ride it or at least have a good look around . Can't see the scam here . Maybe folks selling bikes just use stock images as they can't be bothered / don't know how to take and post photos ?

Original Poster

rogparki

Don't get it ? Surely you don't buy a bike and get it posted to you ! You … Don't get it ? Surely you don't buy a bike and get it posted to you ! You go to look at it , test ride it or at least have a good look around . Can't see the scam here . Maybe folks selling bikes just use stock images as they can't be bothered / don't know how to take and post photos ?

Like I said slot of bikes are distance sold on eBay.

Most of the fraud occurs through the seller requesting a deposit immediately after the sale of a certain amount by bank transfer or the option of free delivery to any location in the uk upon receiving payment. This is a common fraud for people buying cars as the know the option of free delivery helps the buyer not having to worry about insurance, tax, time and collection of the car.

refix

Most of the fraud occurs through the seller requesting a deposit … Most of the fraud occurs through the seller requesting a deposit immediately after the sale of a certain amount by bank transfer or the option of free delivery to any location in the uk upon receiving payment. This is a common fraud for people buying cars as the know the option of free delivery helps the buyer not having to worry about insurance, tax, time and collection of the car.

Exactly.

The fraud here is purely stealing the deposit. Not the whole sum of money, unless of course the stupid buyer offers to pay it upfront.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Pond Pump22
    2. Laser eye surgery33
    3. Selling advice33
    4. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711

See more discussions