Groups

eBay Frustrations - Buyer No Longer Registered

I recently sold a t-shirt to a buyer on eBay with a star rating of 10. I sent it off as usual and he claimed that he never received it. We waited a little while to see if it eventually arrived......but it didn't...... so I sent another one out.

A couple of days later I was going to send an eBay message to the buyer just to ensure that this second t-shirt had arrived. However it now told me that he was no longer a registered user.

I can't help thinking that he wanted a couple of the t-shirts, and this was a way for him to do it and only pay for one. Thinking about it....it's so easy to rack up a rating of 10 if you're a regular buyer/seller on eBay. It's just annoying really and makes you doubt honest buyers when the same situation happens. Then again, I can't prove anything so guess it'll just get left at that.

I know there's Recorded Delivery but this cut's into your profits when all the fees are taken off too. Many will say ditch eBay....and I'd like to....but can't really at the moment cause there's no decent alternative that attracts the masses. Oh well.

22 Comments

Banned

claim from royal mail

Contact ebay, usually if the buyer is no longer registered its because of fraudulent activities under the account, it happened to me once and got refunded by ebay and my mug

I think your missing an important factor. What if he genuinely didn't receive the first item

i always add on the price of recorded to my delivery costs i think its 75p just to save the hassle. its better to pay the little extra than be out of pocket when say an item worth £5 goes missing and you have to refund it or replace it.

A couple of days later I was going to send an eBay message to the buyer just to ensure that this second t-shirt had arrived

Don't tell me you sent the second one NOT recorded oO

Original Poster

khy86

I think your missing an important factor. What if he genuinely didn't … I think your missing an important factor. What if he genuinely didn't receive the first item

True, I think I might contact eBay as MR1123 mentioned and see if they can shed any light on why he is no longer registered. I'll look into the claim from Royal Mail too....although I use the franking machine that we have at work and you don't get receipts from that unless you can recall them from somewhere. I know a Postie comes in everyday and scans some barcode that we have but not sure what it really does. I'll ask at work anyway and see what they say. Cheers people.

What is the username ?

Original Poster

deb8z

A couple of days later I was going to send an eBay message to the buyer … A couple of days later I was going to send an eBay message to the buyer just to ensure that this second t-shirt had arrivedDon't tell me you sent the second one NOT recorded oO

Fraid so. Perhaps I'm too much of a chancer... who didn't want to pay additional postage....even though it had the potential to cost me more. You live and learn in everything.

Original Poster

WheresMeNuts

What is the username ?

tyssen101

Member since Jan 2011
    All 10 feedback received in between Jan 12th & Jan 30th

Purchased my item on the 20th of Jan

It can be frustrating but when it comes down to it, it could be genuinely lost. If you dont want to pay for recorded either charge more for postage or get proof of postage everytime you send. Otherwise the only thing they will give you are 6x 2nd class stamps as compensation.

khy86

It can be frustrating but when it comes down to it, it could be genuinely … It can be frustrating but when it comes down to it, it could be genuinely lost. If you dont want to pay for recorded either charge more for postage or get proof of postage everytime you send. Otherwise the only thing they will give you are 6x 2nd class stamps as compensation.

Proof of postage allows you up to £41 compensation, but you have to prove the item's worth. If you fill the forms in properly and send lots to back up your claim you should (note: should) get a cheque for the price of the item. If they just send you stamps you can appeal and push them for a cheque.

im saying if you do not get proof of postage they give you stamps

Banned

khy86

im saying if you do not get proof of postage they give you stamps

so you are saying if you have no proof of postage they just give you stamps for free?

lol

my as well nip to the post office people and claim your unlimited supply of free stamps oO

casparwhite

so you are saying if you have no proof of postage they just give you … so you are saying if you have no proof of postage they just give you stamps for free?lolmy as well nip to the post office people and claim your unlimited supply of free stamps oO

I just remember i posted 1000 letters to myself, they never arrived! 6000 stamps here i come

no...you need an original receipt and they will take their time about it. Also they will have fraud countermeasures in place aswell.

Come on peeps use common sense

Banned

khy86

no...you need an original receipt and they will take their time about it. … no...you need an original receipt and they will take their time about it. Also they will have fraud countermeasures in place aswell.Come on peeps use common sense

an original receipt?

what like a proof of postage.......

make your mind up!

casparwhite

an original receipt?what like a proof of postage.......make your mind up!

you've been out the country to long. you get a standard receipt of the transaction now when you pay/post something in the post office which is different from proof of postage (you have to ask for one seperately which is usually met with a sigh and a disgruntled look.)

ants97

you've been out the country to long. you get a standard receipt of the … you've been out the country to long. you get a standard receipt of the transaction now when you pay/post something in the post office which is different from proof of postage (you have to ask for one seperately which is usually met with a sigh and a disgruntled look.)

I always pay by card so always get one back, never had to ask.
    Edited by: "khy86" 8th Mar 2011

khy86

I always pay by card so always get one back, never had to ask.

I'm now like casperwhite lost at what point your trying to make.

you get a standard till recept which only shows how much you paid, a proof of postage is seperate thing entirely which includes the address of where your sending and the cashier then stamps it.

i know the difference, as i have explained before the standard receipt complaint will get you stamps, POP they will compensate upto £38...simples!

khy86

i know the difference, as i have explained before the standard receipt … i know the difference, as i have explained before the standard receipt complaint will get you stamps, POP they will compensate upto £38...simples!

lol we got there in the end.

I am having trouble at the moment with a powerseller, she sells quite a bit and has had 110 positives within the last week but after 2 weeks i asked her 2 leave me feedback for a dvd i sent then the next thing she tells me she never recieved it...hmmmm seems a little dodgy but ive told her to wait another week
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64522
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133
      4. Win A Galaxy Note 8 With Caseology & AndroidHeadlines *** ENDS TODAY ***22

See more discussions