Ebay global shipping

Posted 20th Apr
does ebay global shipping work out cheaper for the buyer than posting through regular post. Am looking to post to South Korea, Japan from UK
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I’d use it personally if only for the fact that your responsibility stops at getting your package to their Pitney Bowes shipping centre here in the UK. After that, eBay take all ownership of the responsibility if it then gets damaged or lost. Can be good for peace of mind.
12 Comments
No they charge the buyer an absolute fortune. However, that is not your worry as the buyer is billed directly. Do not be tempted to circumvent the global shipping if the buyer asks you to. The package is covered. It goes to a central warehouse and then they ship it on so you need to put the details in the package as well.
As above said, the buyer pays the shipping and it's a stupid amount also. However it's pretty good, as soon as it gets to the ebay warehouse the item is now their responsibilty.
I’d use it personally if only for the fact that your responsibility stops at getting your package to their Pitney Bowes shipping centre here in the UK. After that, eBay take all ownership of the responsibility if it then gets damaged or lost. Can be good for peace of mind.
That depends on the size snd cost of the item, I found for bigger snd more expensive items it tends to be cheaper. Often insurance are more than shipping cost.
Plus as a seller, I would prefer to use global shipping especially to some countries as you are only responsible for the shipping to UK sorting office.
Global shipping is best for the seller. Less responsibility. Just make sure you put the global shipping reference number on the outside of your parcel
Pilsbury1220/04/2020 11:29

Global shipping is best for the seller. Less responsibility. Just make …Global shipping is best for the seller. Less responsibility. Just make sure you put the global shipping reference number on the outside of your parcel

Thanks for your help.
AMaky20/04/2020 11:12

That depends on the size snd cost of the item, I found for bigger snd more …That depends on the size snd cost of the item, I found for bigger snd more expensive items it tends to be cheaper. Often insurance are more than shipping cost.Plus as a seller, I would prefer to use global shipping especially to some countries as you are only responsible for the shipping to UK sorting office.

Thanks for your help
Biddy220/04/2020 10:24

I’d use it personally if only for the fact that your responsibility stops a …I’d use it personally if only for the fact that your responsibility stops at getting your package to their Pitney Bowes shipping centre here in the UK. After that, eBay take all ownership of the responsibility if it then gets damaged or lost. Can be good for peace of mind.

Thanks for your help
dbizal20/04/2020 10:21

As above said, the buyer pays the shipping and it's a stupid amount also. …As above said, the buyer pays the shipping and it's a stupid amount also. However it's pretty good, as soon as it gets to the ebay warehouse the item is now their responsibilty.

Thanks for your help
JimboParrot20/04/2020 10:17

No they charge the buyer an absolute fortune. However, that is not your …No they charge the buyer an absolute fortune. However, that is not your worry as the buyer is billed directly. Do not be tempted to circumvent the global shipping if the buyer asks you to. The package is covered. It goes to a central warehouse and then they ship it on so you need to put the details in the package as well.

Thanks for your help
I don’t even know how to use the eBay shipping option, I always buy my own
Mendoza20/04/2020 15:42

I don’t even know how to use the eBay shipping option, I always buy my own

This is for when the buyer is from overseas. I don't think you have any choice as they pay for the item and the postal charges worked out by the global shipping.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions