Groups
    EXPIRED

Ebay global shipping?! help!

I had a message about the global shipping through ebay i read how it works and i thought it sounded ok! (ebay provide the extra postage details to buyers if they win my listing i send my package with my postage that i set to one of their centres) they then send it on as the buyer has paid the extra postage to ebay! Sounds simple. So the other day i had a message asking for postage to Bulgaria i nicely explained how global shipping works and if they can't see the extra postage fee i can't/won't send to them! Then i got an rude message back saying i wasn't allowed not to send (when i checked the countries ebay said they would post to Bulgaria wasn't on the list) sorry for the long message!! Im just confused can someone ask for postage to a country that's that even listed on my listing? I never even had this problem before as i only posted in UK!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

6 Comments

Eh? you can post to wherever YOU want to post to. Its not up to ebay to decide that.

Just edit your listing to say No postage to "said country", you don't have to sell to anyone you don't want to and by the sounds of it you'd be scammed anyway! I would never send overseas (it's bad enough within the UK lately)

Original Poster

SpideyPunk

Just edit your listing to say No postage to "said country", you don't … Just edit your listing to say No postage to "said country", you don't have to sell to anyone you don't want to and by the sounds of it you'd be scammed anyway! I would never send overseas (it's bad enough within the UK lately)

Yes I've opted out now! K just didn't understand why the first time I've sold with global shipping its been a problem! I was more worried this buyer was going to win my item just to be a pain then leave negative feedback but they didn't. Touch wood i haven't been stung by ebay yet but I've read enough stories

Original Poster

J4GG4

Eh? you can post to wherever YOU want to post to. Its not up to ebay to … Eh? you can post to wherever YOU want to post to. Its not up to ebay to decide that.

If your enrolled in global shipping ebay give a list on your listing of countries you post to but they deal with it for you. I was more confused as to why i was then having questions from a country that wasn't listed and what if they won my item! ebay nor i would post there so then it would be a problem!

I have just had a similar thing, had not realised my post was not UK only as usual, buyer from france bought, then a day later wanted it posted to a different address!. I have refused to do this contacted ebay and they said refund him and relist , which was easier said than done as i had to got to ebay france to do this and i dont speak french grrr.

Original Poster

varminty

I have just had a similar thing, had not realised my post was not UK only … I have just had a similar thing, had not realised my post was not UK only as usual, buyer from france bought, then a day later wanted it posted to a different address!. I have refused to do this contacted ebay and they said refund him and relist , which was easier said than done as i had to got to ebay france to do this and i dont speak french grrr.

have you opted out now? also if something goes missing once ebay have sent it whos responsible i wonder because it would be us getting negative feedback!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1857
      2. word association Game73944528
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1843
      4. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2834

See more discussions