EBay help

Posted 1st Nov
Sold a watch in ebay new with tags - buyer received - immediately demanded I refund a quarter of the price paid (thinks its not new but it is) otherwise he will open a return, I refuse, buyer then opened a return stating he thinks its fake as the lume is not bright - (shows a picture with a light on in background so lume obviously won't show...) I am worried that if I do accept buyer will send back old watch/fake, how would you proceed?
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
Did you take photographs before posting? Is there a serial number that you noted down or photographed?
hmm i would accept return if you can proof exactly what you posted and if something else arrives then go through paypal.
sounds like one of those buyers unfortunately.
Just send the money. It'll only get worse otherwise.
Edited by: "Make.Amazon.Great.Again" 1st Nov
Common occurrence on eBay unfortunately and they know all the tricks to pull, even if you accept the return you’ll likely get an empty box and will lose the money and PayPal/eBay will do nothing about it. Next time go cex
I’d ask for a picture, without the background light on

also check their feedback; if they have a high amount, and all positives, the buyer might be legit

but a new user with no feedback, and a name like affj177776dnp their probably a scammer
He isn't a new user (2 years with selling feedback around 50) but his behavior and messages are very 'scammer like' I was thinking of offering a smaller partial refund then if he refuses speak to ebay as his messages can definitely come across as blackmail in their content, if anything just to get the postage cost credited, i know that it is pointless fighting the return with ebay though
Gunshow01/11/2019 18:37

He isn't a new user (2 years with selling feedback around 50) but his …He isn't a new user (2 years with selling feedback around 50) but his behavior and messages are very 'scammer like' I was thinking of offering a smaller partial refund then if he refuses speak to ebay as his messages can definitely come across as blackmail in their content, if anything just to get the postage cost credited, i know that it is pointless fighting the return with ebay though

Why give in with the partial refund when the item is exactly as described.

Do you have the receipt? I would send him a copy of the receipt covering up your personal info to tell him he can rest assured it’s not fake.

They are clearly a chancer.

Tell them to return it for a full refund.

Then see what turns up and take it from there. Hopefully it should be your watch you sent
I’ll be honest with you, because I had recent trouble twice , I would counter their request, with a price of your own

if that fails, when you go to eBay help, you can have them call you
and if you’re lucky you will get a Irish female, and she will grant all your wishes

because joking aside, the Irish females at eBay, get the job done
hate to say it but i think your in trouble here. Ebay is full of these people these days exploiting all loopholes to get items heavily discounted or free. I would accept the return and hope they actually send the item back in its original/new condition. It's happened to me once before and paypal/ebay always side with the buyer. The seller will never win these sort of cases.
rhythmandsoul01/11/2019 18:53

hate to say it but i think your in trouble here. Ebay is full of these …hate to say it but i think your in trouble here. Ebay is full of these people these days exploiting all loopholes to get items heavily discounted or free. I would accept the return and hope they actually send the item back in its original/new condition. It's happened to me once before and paypal/ebay always side with the buyer. The seller will never win these sort of cases.

in my personal experience, depends how much you hassle paypal.
i did a lot and won both times.
Your postage proof will have the weight of item so his postage proof should be around the same weight so if he sends nothing in a box or something different you can prove he’s not returned it. It won’t help if he sends a fake though.
Yep this is the type of person who will scratch it on purpose before sending it back... If they do that though, you can claim off the courier (providing you paid for cover). That’s about as good of an outcome as you can hope tbh. eBay protects its buyers but not its sellers...
I’d say you’ll call round for it, or your mate who lives nearby, and refund him personally, he won’t like the thought of that.
with one of the people who tried to get me, the following happened...

I was the buyer
but the item I received didn’t match the listing pictures, so I sent it back

after they received it, they tried to say that it was my fault, and wanted to only give me a partial refund

now here is when I got them to back down , pretty much immediately

I told them that I recorded a video of me opening the package upon receiving it, and that I taken photos of the condition when I sent it back
the second part is true, because I just had a strange sense about the seller

anyhow I got my full refund

maybe if you say, I tAke photos of all my listings before I send them, but I will in good grace offer you X-amount

I don’t know what your listing photos were like see, pictures you taken yourself or generic google images people sometimes use
He obviously knows what he's doing by saying it's a fake. If ebay are satisfied it's fake he'll get a refund and told to dispose of it.
ScubaDudes01/11/2019 21:13

He obviously knows what he's doing by saying it's a fake. If ebay are …He obviously knows what he's doing by saying it's a fake. If ebay are satisfied it's fake he'll get a refund and told to dispose of it.

I wonder what rationale ebay/PayPal would apply to a buyer who initially stated a 25% discount was sufficient for the buyer to accept a fake item?
AndyRoyd01/11/2019 21:25

I wonder what rationale ebay/PayPal would apply to a buyer who initially …I wonder what rationale ebay/PayPal would apply to a buyer who initially stated a 25% discount was sufficient for the buyer to accept a fake item?

No idea to be honest.
Ebay link below on fakes. I would hope eBay would require evidence from expert/manufacturer before refunding, but who knows with ebay.

pages.ebay.co.uk/saf…tml
I know his accusation is a joke especially as I provided original boxes/guarantee card tags etc it would be a joke if they decided it was fake based on 'doesn't seem to light up with a room light on' I might offer a smaller refund just to avoid the hassle of fighting it, and move on, if he refuses this then I'll speak to ebay and report him, then hope he returns the watch undamaged if he was closer I'd probably have to break in to get it back unfortunately!
AMaky01/11/2019 19:11

in my personal experience, depends how much you hassle paypal.i did a lot …in my personal experience, depends how much you hassle paypal.i did a lot and won both times.

PayPal customer service ? I don’t know what’s worse that or sticking pins in my eyes
rhythmandsoul01/11/2019 22:47

PayPal customer service ? I don’t know what’s worse that or sticking pins i …PayPal customer service ? I don’t know what’s worse that or sticking pins in my eyes

depends what time you phone, don't in mornings, they are useless.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants