Found 2nd Apr 2010
Bought an Acer Aspire One notebook from private seller on ebay about 3 weeks ago. Worked fine until yesterday when the screen just went blank and now it will not do anything. Paid by paypal - is there any point in me opening a dispute or will they just say tough it was working when sold?
Also if anyone knows of a solution to the blank screen I would appreciate it. I have done a google and it seems to be a common problem - I don't understand most of the solutions offered. Only options it shows when I switch it on is F2 or F12 but I don't know what to do after this and I don't want to mess with anything without knowing what I am doing.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Banned

You have 45 days to open a SNAD, so contact the seler see what they say, then open a dispute via ebay or pp, whichever and see what happens.

Bit of a handy tip for the future, AVOID ACER Laptops, especially ones without a warranty.

Does it have linpus lite installed by any chance? My niece and nephew both had these and I was forever reinstalling the OS until I got the hump and installed Win7 Lite and now both work like a charm.

You have to blind flash the bios it only takes a couple of minutes and is very easy to do, here's a ]howto . Actually just re-read your post and its not a blank screen it's giving you options. F2 will take you into the bios & F12 will give you the temp boot device. Press F12 and select your hdd as the boot device, have you attempted re-installing the OS?

Original Poster

It didn't come with any discs with the OS on.

Contact the seller to see if he will resolve the problem - if not open dispute but you have to do it within 45 days. Give the seller a few days to see what he says first though. That way you can put in the dispute that you have tried to resolve with seller. Helps your case.

I had exactly the same problem early last year with a new one bought from amazon.

You have to blind flash the bios it only takes a couple of minutes and is … You have to blind flash the bios it only takes a couple of minutes and is very easy to do, here's a ]howto .

I did as suggested by that link and it's worked well ever since !!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions