eBay Help

Banned 28
Found 20th Jan 2011
I recently sold a game on eBay. Today i got an email from the buyer saying he had received it but wanted a refund because he thought he was buying more than just the one game. In the description i said it was only the one game.

http://****.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=320640161018&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

What can i do?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
29 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Edited by: "No0b!$T" 20th Jan 2011

No0b!$T

Link

the link wont work as the site doesn't permit it. ask him to show you were it says more then 1 game & after that tell him to take a flying leap !
Edited by: "richp" 20th Jan 2011

Sloth/Mod

It states you are selling Assassin Creed. Knowing paypal though they'll say your pictures was misleading.

it says no longer available to see....
.... i wouldn't refund, you'll have to up with negative feedback though!

Original Poster Banned

http://*cgi*.eb*ay.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=320640161018&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Just remove the stars

Sloth/Mod

easier to just put the item number in ebay - 320640161018

No0b!$T

http://*cgi*.eb*ay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320640161018&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

really it wont work fella !

Original Poster Banned

Thanks

I guess he got that idea from your photo. Should have used an image of the game on its own

Yes, Picture is misleading, However people really should read item description, I'd refund him just to stop argument.

Well to be fair to the buyer you have put a picture of 3 games which could be misleading.

dh058977

I guess he got that idea from your photo. Should have used an image of … I guess he got that idea from your photo. Should have used an image of the game on its own

Have to agree with this post , most buyers dont even read the listings just look at the photo and bid, your photo is misleading by having the 3 games not just the one you were listing. Paypal will find for your buyer sorry hun

Original Poster Banned

Hmm, think il wait and see what eBay first

Yep, agree with the majority saying it's a misleading photo even though you stated in the details it was only one game, but you also state that it comes with all manuals and I thought a game comes with one, so making it plural implies more than one.
What you do now depends on what you think it right, how much you rate your feedback and how much you are willing to lose out on.
I would suggest either the buyer returns the game, at your expense, in exchange for a full refund or see what the game goes for on other auctions and if less than he paid maybe you could suggest a partial refund.
Paypal will probably find in the buyers favour, so if you seem proactive and helpful you might avoid a negging.

Yeah I'd have to agree with the others that's a misleading photo. Why does the photo show 3 games if you're only selling one?

Banned

Your own fault, you know there are idiots out there. Use a bit of common sense next time(applies to you both)

Original Poster Banned

The other games were on other auctions.

You should have used a different picture really but only an idiot would think they were getting three games when the title and description make no mention of them.

Don't encourage idiots on eBay by refunding him. Tell him to get lost!

Misleading photo, BUT buyer should have read the description, no mention was made of other games and I guess OP was being lazy using one photo for 3 listings?

If everyone started disputing because they didnt get everything in the picture then I am so buying 250758105765

Your picture is misleading. Tell him you will give him a refund if he sends the game back.

Original Poster Banned

oldmanhouse

You should have used a different picture really but only an idiot would … You should have used a different picture really but only an idiot would think they were getting three games when the title and description make no mention of them.Don't encourage idiots on eBay by refunding him. Tell him to get lost!

Thanks, if the buyer from my other auction complains then il ask ebay.

harlzter

Misleading photo, BUT buyer should have read the description, no mention … Misleading photo, BUT buyer should have read the description, no mention was made of other games and I guess OP was being lazy using one photo for 3 listings?If everyone started disputing because they didnt get everything in the picture then I am so buying 250758105765

lol

I thought you was selling 360 games

:P

It is a misleading photo, also you state in the description "boxed with manuals". It doesn't make sense.

If you was selling 1 game you would write "1 game boxed with manual" if you was selling 3 games you would write "3 games boxed with manuals"

Yes he/she should have read it, but you could have made it clearer.

As a private seller, your sale is not covered by the distance selling regulations, but if you want to protect your feedback. offer him/her a refund if he/she returns the game.

I'm going to be a little bit harsh and say you and the buyer are as dumb as each other:

You for being too lazy to take a picture of the actual item you were selling on its own and the buyer for either not reading the listing or not clarifying how many games the listing was for.

You really need to spell things out for eBay buyers to prevent mis-haps like this - a pain but less than the subsequent pain once the item is sold.

Banned

quite possibly the worst ebay description ever
i.e there isnt one. Buyer is right here as picture clearly shows 3 games and description doesnt say just the 1 game.

ebay will side with the buyer for sure.

Theres a picture of my toes in a picture i posted on ebay...best not be expecting that when their item arrives

Banned

tell them youll personally come and collect the item and give them a refund!

take the neg and be satisfied by telling em to eff off or refund them a couple of quid

what does the buyer want for £8.70 exactly, have you asked them?

I think its pretty damn clear what you are selling, regardless of the photo.
Its the buyers stupid fault, but obviously refund him if he returns the item at his cost!
Post a comment
@
    Text