eBay help, desperatly need assistance

18 replies
Found 9th Dec 2007
hi, been coming here for a while and hope to make some serious friends woth this post.

i just bought 2 Zune mp3 players off ebay, and one of them is fine, but the other on had bent connecting cable which has wrecked the inside connector, meaning it cant charge. i have emailed the seller, but dont know if it is there responsibility or microsofts...

i charged it with the other cable (i bought 2) so i have obviously added media and such, but when i used the 2nd cable, it pushed the pins well inside and upwards, and will now not charge...

any advice would be appreciated to the point of sexual favours as these are both xmas presents, thanks

19 Comments

If you paid by paypal you should be covered for sending it back as not as described. However because you have used it things get a bit iffy as they could say that you caused the damage. Try and communicate with them first and see how that goes, hopefully they'll be able to return in under warranty therefore won't mind getting it back again!

Original Poster

technically i did cause it hehe, i used one charger to charge/sync both players, but then used the other and it ruined the innards, hence my problem, i am contacting them now, and may even have to draw an ms paint diagram

Original Poster

apparently, the zune is not available over here, will this have a bearing on this as well? thanks

tranCendenZ

apparently, the zune is not available over here, will this have a bearing … apparently, the zune is not available over here, will this have a bearing on this as well? thanks

Dunno, personally I wouldn't say that I broke it. More it's a fault of the item. Hopefully you can then send it back. Make sure to go through paypal (assuming you used that) and use special delivery to send it back.

tranCendenZ

technically i did cause it hehe, i used one charger to charge/sync both … technically i did cause it hehe, i used one charger to charge/sync both players, but then used the other and it ruined the innards, hence my problem, i am contacting them now, and may even have to draw an ms paint diagram

Well if you broke its not really the fault of the seller
But he could claim under warranty for you

how much in fees do you pay when selling an item for £220 ?

dandoc2

Well if you broke its not really the fault of the seller But he could … Well if you broke its not really the fault of the seller But he could claim under warranty for you

No, the cable was faulty - when plugged into the Zune it then damaged the Zune.

John

Johnmcl7

No, the cable was faulty - when plugged into the Zune it then damaged the … No, the cable was faulty - when plugged into the Zune it then damaged the Zune.John

Oh ok

Just contact the seller and ask them to claim under warranty

SpecialK

how much in fees do you pay when selling an item for £220 ?

Depends on alot of things but I guess around a tenner? Why?

Benjimoron

Depends on alot of things but I guess around a tenner? Why?

cheers

Just dont mention the fact you broke and say it was faulty try contacting microsoft and if it is not covered by them, tell the seller to do it.

Hope this helps

So am I now a friend or do I get the sexual favours??? Also are you male or female?

Original Poster

heh thanks for the help, i am male lol

the item was defective and i am going to see about them claiming on the warrenty which was not in the box, which i am guessing, should be

Original Poster

...and now it seems they aren;t replying, although i might be just paranoid. how long should i wait before paypaling a dispute..... also, anywhere i can just get it fixed

Original Poster

I think i am getting a refund, but he mentioned something about a 15 % restocking fee or something, what the hell is going on?

If an item is faulty you shouldnt be charged a restocking fee as they cant restock a faulty item, is the seller registered as a private seller or a business?

Original Poster

myworld(dot)ebay(dot).co.uk/the…ess

i think they are a business... both the cable and the player were slightly brokn, making the problem worse, i know i am not to blame, but they are saying they will refund me for a 15% fee

Yep definitely registered as a business, normally the distance selling regulations would come into force here but they dont cover purchases from overseas (in this case usa), if you paid via paypal I would raise a dispute now, it should find in your favour that way you will get a refund of the total item price although I think you will be unable to recover the the postage costs either way. If dino was still around he would be able to say for sure.

Just looked again and the seller is registered in USA but the item supposedly comes from hounslow so im not sure how that would play out with regards DSR?
Did the item get sent royal mail?
or from a usa shipping company?

Also have you left feedback yet?

Original Poster

got sent royal mail special delivery, from an address in hounslow if i remember
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322830
    2. Add one, leave one game54315396
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35148