eBay help for iPhone

Just come across this auction and wondered if it was too good to be true:

Item ID: 120308618261

He's just opened a eBay shop and has lots of high-valued electrical items there (phones, laptops, etc). He is also a registered business trader and as such can only conduct sales via PayPal.

However, his feedback score is low. Is it worth buying this or is it more hassle than what its worth?

Comments and thoughts please....

17 Comments

Its sold already...

If a seller suddenly have a lot of high tech gear for sale, that's not a good sign. He doesn't have any feedback from sales also. I wouldn't buy any of his other items... You can tell from all the pictures that he either just ripped it off other peoples' auctions or he has a huge house with many different locations to take the pictures.

i agree wityh slash his got no history of selling item but then again notthing to loose as ur coveed by paypal

don't touch it with a long ****** stick.......... 90% chance you get nothing :roll:

Original Poster

Slash;3024904

Its sold already...He got no selling feedback and if he suddenly got so … Its sold already...He got no selling feedback and if he suddenly got so many high tech for sale, that's not a good sign.

Yeah its sold, but he's a lot of other phones in stock. How much am I covered by PayPal - the full £280 are only a proportion of this? Its approx £70 cheaper than the RRP PAYG one so I am tempted.

khalifazed;3024918

i agree wityh slash his got no history of selling item but then again … i agree wityh slash his got no history of selling item but then again notthing to loose as ur coveed by paypal

he has no feedback = paypal won't let him have full cover....... be covered up to £150 thats it

then again, if he wipes his paypal account of the money .... you get 0

Original Poster

I've also sent and received 3 emails with him so contact has been made - not sure if this would really make it more viable or not though

TheMafia;3024930

Yeah its sold, but he's a lot of other phones in stock. How much am I … Yeah its sold, but he's a lot of other phones in stock. How much am I covered by PayPal - the full £280 are only a proportion of this? Its approx £70 cheaper than the RRP PAYG one so I am tempted.

buy one off someone with high feedback ....... this is a high chance of being one big elaborate scam

if it looks too good to be true .......... IT IS

faevilangel;3024932

he has no feedback = paypal won't let him have full cover....... be … he has no feedback = paypal won't let him have full cover....... be covered up to £150 thats itthen again, if he wipes his paypal account of the money .... you get 0

read

you need feedback to get the £500 cover from paypal which he won't have......... he will remove the money asap & will try & hang you on past the 45 day limit to make a dispute .......

The fact that he says he got the stuff in his living room would make me jumpy. Wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Original Poster

Ok thanks for all your comments, I may look elsewhere!

TheMafia;3024947

Ok thanks for all your comments, I may look elsewhere!

may ??? that is a common scam & people always fall for it ............ go to a shop........ your guarenteed the item working & warranty...

ebay you could end up with a dud if you even get it

Original Poster

faevilangel;3024971

may ??? that is a common scam & people always fall for it ............ … may ??? that is a common scam & people always fall for it ............ go to a shop........ your guarenteed the item working & warranty...ebay you could end up with a dud if you even get it

That's what I meant (the smilie indicating sarcasm!)!!

Thanks for all your help again :thumbsup:

TheMafia;3024982

That's what I meant (the smilie indicating sarcasm!)!!Thanks for all your … That's what I meant (the smilie indicating sarcasm!)!!Thanks for all your help again :thumbsup:

yw ...... a lot of people seem to be falling for common scams on here .......

i have a thread somewhere here with tips on how to trade safely on ebay

Banned

Cant you watch his feedback over the next week to see how ohers get on? Then when (if) he gets feedback, you are covered by PP?

Original Poster

Yes that is what I shall do - however, I am thinking about waiting for a bit for the prices to drop

Original Poster

Congratulations all:

"This user is no longer registered on eBay"

Glad I listened to the peeps and didn't part with my hard earned dosh!

Banned

TheMafia;3032333

Congratulations all:"This user is no longer registered on eBay"Glad I … Congratulations all:"This user is no longer registered on eBay"Glad I listened to the peeps and didn't part with my hard earned dosh!

Some right crooks on ebay :roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
    3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
    4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions