Ebay help!!! :( Please!

Right im new to ebay and i listed a mobile phone up for sale, in my ad it clearly states that i only post within the United Kingdom,

20 Mins just before sale ends a bidder bidded so i quickly checked his location and he was based in France, I then sent him an email through ebay saying clearly that i do not post to France and i only post within the UK, Could you please retract your offer, If your payment via Paypal address is stated within the UK i will Dispatch to that address but will not dispatch to France,

He won the bid once he won i went to the invoice page and his address is in France!,

Now what do i do? Do i relist and ignore all of this? I have sent him an email saying all what i said above again saying i did warn you but you havent replied back saying that if he does not mail be back with information by tomorrow i will relist,

Is all this the standart way to take action against a time waster like him? Please help thanks HUKD!

14 Comments

Make sure you set your auction to "only bidders from which countries i post to" or something similar.

Just offer a second chance offer to the next highest bidder (if there is one) ,sell to them and then you will have to dispute the sale with the French Bloke, I wouldn't post t him at all now even if he gives you a UK address to send it to

emasu;2420209

Make sure you set your auction to "only bidders from which countries i … Make sure you set your auction to "only bidders from which countries i post to" or something similar.

Was about to say the same. Ive had this happen to me a few times so i block outside bidders now. I would relist the item and block outside uk bidders if i were you

You don't need to relist, just send a 'second chance offer' to the 2nd highest bidder.

Original Poster

okay thanks how do i block outside bidders from the sale if i relist where do i go? thanks

Great minds think alike lol, looks like I just don't type fast enough

Charge triple the postage.

my.ebay.co.uk/ws/…PRX

then go to buyer requirements and set it.

"
Block buyers who: http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif Are registered in countries to which I don't post"

Original Poster

emasu;2420231

http://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences&FClassic=true&ssPageName=STRK:ME:MAPRXthen go to buyer requirements and set it."Block buyers who: Are registered in countries to which I don't post"

damn thanks wish i knew this before thanks for help bud rep added

Banned

Whats wrong with sending it to france ?

You could have cancelled his bid before the auction ended, too.

Original Poster

i dont wanna be held responsible through the buyer saying he "lost" or didnt arrive" and rubish like that, how do i cancle someones bid?

I had this done recently and I didn't know what to do either. I was selling some satellite stuff and got an e-mail from a bidder in Italy asking how much to post to Italy .I told him I would'nt post an item outside the UK . The blighter still bid on the item and won it .I didn't want to run the risk of negative feedback so I went along with it . I sent it air mail from the post office and he actually recieved it within 3/4 days. Still ,abit bit of a trick to play after I said I only wanted UK bidders , but I didn't know I could block buyers . Cheers for this .
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1213
    2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1431
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764389
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846241

See more discussions