searched on ebay cant find info i am looking for

sold 10 items tonight to new buyer in japan

after the first couple of sales - i emailed him and said i only take paypal
he replied no probs - paypal set up

so total sale to him is £250 - going to send internationally signed for

will i be fully covered if he is dodgy

advice appreciated

27 Comments

Sounds a bit suss to me,i wouldnt send something worth that much to someone with feedback anyway.

Have you checked what else they have bid on?

Original Poster

deb8z;6129659

Sounds a bit suss to me,i wouldnt send something worth that much to … Sounds a bit suss to me,i wouldnt send something worth that much to someone with feedback anyway.Have you checked what else they have bid on?

nothing - only mine debz - complete newbie - got to start somewhere though

There are too many pitfalls.

Even with ISF you would have to pay for extra insurance for that amount of money,then tracking info isnt always available so they could easily claim non delivery and get their money back from Paypal.

They could be using a stolen CC

Allsorts could happen,not worth taking the risk.

As you long as you get paid and you send it recorded in some way, then you will be fine, if anything does happen then you should then be covered

Original Poster

if it had of been lithuania or romania i definately would nt have accepted bid -

have posted to japan before - ikea stuff:w00t:

Yeah but would a new buyer really spend 250 quid from overseas,i'm not sure its a genuine bidder.

i wouldnt risk it

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6129710

As you long as you get paid and you send it recorded in some way, then … As you long as you get paid and you send it recorded in some way, then you will be fine, if anything does happen then you should then be covered

posting int.airsure - signed - the lot -

just worried if they havent got a confirmed address would i still be covered

Is it collectable stuff they bought,or something unusual that perhaps they cant get elsewhere ?

used knickers

Banned

you can check your items have been deliverd on line if you use airsure, so no problems really

not worth the hassle,I only ever do UK only,would cancel if I were you,new paypal account could be trouble also

Original Poster

deb8z;6129746

Yeah but would a new buyer really spend 250 quid from overseas,i'm not … Yeah but would a new buyer really spend 250 quid from overseas,i'm not sure its a genuine bidder.

records debz - very collectible
had a german guy email me saying this bidder is a scammer - cos he wanted one of records - this japanese guy just outbiddng everyone

Banned

seriously it doesnt matter if the address isnt confirmed as long as it is from the paypal invoice you arer working from...

check online tracking here for china 100%
track-trace.com/post

check see what else his has been bidding on to be sure tho, research is the key if unsure

That makes sense if its something collectable although Airsure could be a problem,this is from RM's site :

You can send mail by Airsure® to 30 destinations in the following three geographic postal zones

Europe: Andorra, Austria, Azores, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Canary Islands, Corsica, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

World Zones: Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand and USA

Please note that if your country isn’t included in the above list, you can’t use our Airsure® service for your destination, although you can still send your item via International Signed For™.

Original Poster

casparwhite;6129797

seriously it doesnt matter if the address isnt confirmed as long as it is … seriously it doesnt matter if the address isnt confirmed as long as it is from the paypal invoice you arer working from...check online tracking here for china 100%http://www.track-trace.com/postcheck see what else his has been bidding on to be sure tho, research is the key if unsure

cheers for that casparwhite

looking on rm i cant do airsure but intern... signed - think that will be ok??

Is Japan covered,i'm half asleep i think lol

Thats the thing ISF isnt guaranteed a signature :

We track all International Signed For™ items until they leave the UK and then the item is handed over to the destination country's postal service as a priority item. However, we can’t track your International Signed For™ item all the way to delivery in every instance or always be able to provide a confirmation of delivery.

Original Poster

deb8z;6129841

Is Japan covered,i'm half asleep i think lol

not on airsure debz - thanks for that

so will do internationally signed for - think i can get extra insurance

you say you only do uk
i post to wherever wants it

did have a guy from russia - another record - charged him £20 delivery - he paid - was happy -

I'd be gutted if i lost 250 quid so i wouldn't take the risk.

Obviously its your call Holly,good luck with it:thumbsup:

Banned

holly100;6129866

not on airsure debz - thanks for thatso will do internationally signed … not on airsure debz - thanks for thatso will do internationally signed for - think i can get extra insurance you say you only do uk i post to wherever wants it did have a guy from russia - another record - charged him £20 delivery - he paid - was happy -

air sure and isf are pretty much the same from what i gathered when speaking to the postoffice they couldnt tell me the difference, but when i rang the rm line they sais as much.....waste of money paying the premium for air sure......just ensure your insurance covers it although china ems are far superior to the rm tbh

what they mean by that stemenet debs is not asll coutries will supply the info back to you or update sites like italy for example using that site i listed

Original Poster

casparwhite;6129932

air sure and isf are pretty much the same from what i gathered when … air sure and isf are pretty much the same from what i gathered when speaking to the postoffice they couldnt tell me the difference, but when i rang the rm line they sais as much.....waste of money paying the premium for air sure......just ensure your insurance covers it although china ems are far superior to the rm tbhwhat they mean by that stemenet debs is not asll coutries will supply the info back to you or update sites like italy for example using that site i listed

do you think its better using ups or dhl - its only a small box ?

Banned

holly100;6129963

tbh if you really want to be sure i would go into the post office and ask them the best option and then make a point of clearing all your questions up with them and asking them what they advuse....... then you have a point of call if anything goes wrong

dhl are worse imo, i sent a box they collected it and it didnt even make it to the depot scanned on truck then nothing.......i didnt insure it over the £50 standard and it was worth £120

i was well miffed because as i said to them if the driver scanned it and then iys not scanned at the depot then surely the driver still has it......didnt get anywahere other than my £50 and my fee for posting back....that was going to france btw

dont forget to research the buyer tho

Original Poster

shame you got ripped off like that

cheers cw + debz:thumbsup::thumbsup:- really helpful

Banned

holly100;6129963

don't expect it to be cheap to use them!

Bit late now but i would have insisted on western union for this to be honest. Safe and no chance of chargebacks.

Banned

colinsunderland;6130321

don't expect it to be cheap to use them!Bit late now but i would have … don't expect it to be cheap to use them!Bit late now but i would have insisted on western union for this to be honest. Safe and no chance of chargebacks.

cost me around £18 to france with dhl international through interparcel. seemed to be quickest option at the time although i since used royal mail airsure small packets i think? to send a mobile n96ninsured to £500 and it cost around £12 both around the same size ish the other was a harmony 1 remote control to france

this looks rather dodgy to me - try asking for a bank transfer or iban payment as that cant be tracked or refunded back after the goods are received?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…49
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1427
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98196
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769442

See more discussions