ebay help please

Hiya i won a item on 29th May, i contacted the item today to say it still wasnt here. she says she posted it last tuesday and that she will send me the proof of postage as soon as she finds it....but what do i do to get my money back ive never not recieved a item so dont know the process

thanks for the help

Jo xxx

21 Comments

29 april ..surely.. or have I been in a coma?

Original Poster

lol yes sorry i wrote that in a rush xx

The Royal Mail do not consider an item lost for 15 working days. Saturdays are a working day but not Bank Holidays or Sundays.
After 15 working days your seller should refund you in full, if they don't and you paid through Paypal start a dispute.
You should not claim from the Royal Mail, the seller should.

Royal Mail will only consider an item lost after 15 days. If it still has not shown up by then you can demand a full refund from the seller. It will be the sellers responsibility to claim back from Royal Mail for the loss and not you.

great minds think alike : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

stora

great minds think alike : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Original Poster

Ok, What should i write to my seller then. If you could provide any links to back things up it would help.

yummymummy1987

Ok, What should i write to my seller then. If you could provide any links … Ok, What should i write to my seller then. If you could provide any links to back things up it would help.

Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described Process
]http//pa…tml

I would just contact the seller and say, if my widget does not arrive after ???? whatever date you will be expecting a full refund from them or you will start a Paypal dispute.
Don't be nasty, but don't get fobbed off, things do get lost in the post.

Original Poster

its ok i have sent a email just explain what you said basically dino.
Thanks everyone for the advice as always!!

yummymummy1987

its ok i have sent a email just explain what you said basically … its ok i have sent a email just explain what you said basically dino.Thanks everyone for the advice as always!!

Good luck. :thumbsup:
Did the item have full Paypal protection? If so, you will have NO problem getting a full refund.:-D

Original Poster

ill PM you the item no

yummymummy1987

ill PM you the item no

Yes the item has FULL Paypal protection. :-D :-D :-D

This really cracks me up:-

PLEASE NOTE I ALWAYS OBTAIN PROOF OF POSTING AND CANNOT BE HELD … PLEASE NOTE I ALWAYS OBTAIN PROOF OF POSTING AND CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DELAY THROUGH THE POSTAL SYSTEM. HOWEVER IF THERE IS A PROBLEM PLEASE CONTACT ME PRIOR TO LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK & I WILL BE HAPPY TO TRY AND RESOLVE ANY ISSUE YOU MAY HAVE.

How gormless can anybody be.:x This crap shows how inexperienced the seller is.
Paypal will refund you in full without any problems. :giggle:

Original Poster

thank god lol! why does that crack you up by the way? am i not reading into it?

Original Poster

its not much money i know but it soon adds up. i have been lucky so far to not have any real problems on ebay so hopefully this will get resolved quickly. thanks again tho dino

Original Poster

oh one last thing. should i click the "item not recieved" button on ebay to start a disbute or wait until she gets back to me/for the 15 working days to be up

yummymummy1987

thank god lol! why does that crack you up by the way? am i not reading … thank god lol! why does that crack you up by the way? am i not reading into it?

If you accept Paypal you MUST use a trackable service such as Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery. It's part of Paypals User Agreement. If you do not use a 'trackable service', you will automatically lose an item not received dispute.
Sellers think that if they put that rubbish in their listing that they are 'covered' against disputes. They aren't.

If you see this http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/paypal/imgPp_35x20.gifin the listing, on the right under the sellers details, you have full £500 protection from Paypal if you pay with Paypal.

yummymummy1987

oh one last thing. should i click the "item not recieved" button on ebay … oh one last thing. should i click the "item not recieved" button on ebay to start a disbute or wait until she gets back to me/for the 15 working days to be up

You should wait for the 15 working days before you go any further. Explain to the seller that after 15 working days you will be expecting a full refund and if they don't refund you, you will have no choice but to start a Paypal dispute.

Original Poster

ah i get it nice one

yummymummy1987

ah i get it nice one

No probs.

If you do have ANY problems let us know. I don't think you will have. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks, i have left you rep but seriously really appreciate knowing theres someone who knows what hes doing and is happy to share his knowledge. :thumbsup: :-D will let you know if i have any problems but im sure i wont.

Just a quick note to say that items do show up late and that I have found a lot of sellers on ebay will give a full refund with no hassle.

I've had items show up weeks after the sellerl has refunded me or sent a replacement item.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047153
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866383
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201355
    4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1828

See more discussions