ebay help please

I have won an item on ebay and when I go to pay the seller I get the message

This seller cannot currently receive payments.

Paypal is the only payment option listed...

any idea's?

thanks

TheDoc

15 Comments

usually means he is having problems with paypal.
Could be anything really, someone could of opened a dispute about him

Ps Nice BTTF Avatar

Original Poster

add-man

usually means he is having problems with paypal.Could be anything really, … usually means he is having problems with paypal.Could be anything really, someone could of opened a dispute about himPs Nice BTTF Avatar

Thanks mate, what do you think is the best thing to do? I've e-mailed the seller, but assuming this problem cannot be resolved in a suitable ammount of time, should I cancel the item?

Thanks again

TheDoc

how long has it been going on? I had this problem. Next day I could pay

Original Poster

It's only been a few hours. perhaps i'm being a bit cautious. only the seller only joined ebay on 1st sept and had a feedback rating of 0.

Whatever you do,don't ask them for mailing in payment by cheque etc,I be wondering whats going on with their Paypal account for you not to be able to send in a payment.

They may need to verify their account or something else as simple as that.
Have you been in contact with the seller since you won the widget?

Original Poster

I've e-mailed them, I'm awaiting a reply

theres a message on ebay saying theres problems with paypal or postage or something - have a look and service announcements

Original Poster

Still getting this when I try and pay, no response from seller yet...

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4083/aaaaaaaaame6.jpg

Any idea's on what to do guys?

Thanks

TheDoc

Still getting this when I try and pay, no response from seller yet...Any … Still getting this when I try and pay, no response from seller yet...Any idea's on what to do guys?Thanks

What is the item number?
Either here or email me:-
[email protected]googlemail.com

Original Poster

dinosteveus

What is the item number?Either here or email … What is the item number?Either here or email me:[email protected]

Emailed you mate, thanks

TheDoc

Emailed you mate, thanks

I see the problem, or at least I think I do.
Your seller is a 'newbie', she joined ebay on the 1st September and I bet she hasn't sorted out her Paypal account properly. I'd give it until after Tea tonight because she has two items finishing in just over 5 hours.
You could phone her if you haven't heard anything by the Morning:-
Put the item number in [COLOR=blue]]this[/COLOR] to get her contact details. She will also get yours.

It's not a scammer, just an inexperienced ebayer.

Bloody Hell, my ebay HELP link does not work. Very clever, NOT.

]http//**…eZ9

put this bit:-
]************.co.uk/
where the stars are.

Bloody stupid site.
Put this:-
search dot ebay
where the stars are.

Original Poster

Thanks mate, much appreaciated, I'll take your advise and wait until this evening then give the seller a call...

thanks again

TheDoc

Thanks mate, much appreaciated, I'll take your advise and wait until this … Thanks mate, much appreaciated, I'll take your advise and wait until this evening then give the seller a call...thanks again

I'll email you the link. Doh, I should have thought about that before.:roll:
I'm sure she will sort it tonight.:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562133
    2. Sky Fibre Max11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764687
    4. Samsung Note 8914

See more discussions