Groups
    EXPIRED

ebay help please EXPIRED

hya i recently bought an item from a seller on ebay... it was a brand new 12mp camera, cost me about 80 pounds, however on friday i got a post office noticed stating that my item is at the main post office and that i have to pay a custom fee of 15 pounds to collect it

obviously i emailed the seller and told him some lalalalalala but to no vail

now im planning to open a paypal dispute but dont know if i should open one as a item not recieved, or not as described

i am not going to collect the item.

on the back of the leaflet is says that if not collected within a week the item gets sent back to the seller

69 Comments

What country did you buy it from? If out of the UK then of course you will be liable for customs charges.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7292217

What country did you buy it from? If out of the UK then of course you … What country did you buy it from? If out of the UK then of course you will be liable for customs charges.

USA i think, but i have bought many things from abroad and i never had to pay any. plus i always look within the listing if it mentions any custom charge, otherwise i woulnt of bought it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Banned

You do understand what customs charges are right?

You bought the camera from outwith the UK and are therefore liable for the charges

Not the sellers fault

Banned

gabriel2k7;7292233

USA i think, but i have bought many things from abroad and i never had to … USA i think, but i have bought many things from abroad and i never had to pay any. plus i always look within the listing if it mentions any custom charge, otherwise i woulnt of bought it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seller doesnt NEED to make you aware of customs charges

HMRC will levy the charges at their discretion

Original Poster

dimebars;7292246

You do understand what customs charges are right?You bought the camera … You do understand what customs charges are right?You bought the camera from outwith the UK and are therefore liable for the chargesNot the sellers fault

hmmn it did not state in the listing that custom charge was charged on top of the price,

Banned

so you purchased something, without thinking about the charges and now you expect the seller to be out of pocket

You are mentally challenged if you think you can import items from the USA and not pay any charges.

Next you will tell us you can't import as many Chinese imports for free too.

Banned

gabriel2k7;7292274

hmmn it did not state in the listing that custom charge was charged on … hmmn it did not state in the listing that custom charge was charged on top of the price,

its not the sellers (from the USA) responsibility to inform you (from the UK) of the UK governments customs charges!

You see where this is heading now?

Original Poster

sassie;7292286

so you purchased something, without thinking about the charges and now … so you purchased something, without thinking about the charges and now you expect the seller to be out of pocket

errr i bought plenty of things from ebay from overseas sellers and never had any custom charge.

i always look out for listing that states that there are custom fees, maybe if u had a look ull see that some listing states that custom charges will be included within the price :whistling::whistling:

go and get it, pay and enjoy your £15 lesson.

I would imagine you may stay on the system for a none payment with customs regardles of whether you pick it up or not. Can't see there being a reliable link between the Royal Mail and HMRC

Banned

gabriel2k7;7292304

errr i bought plenty of things from ebay from overseas sellers and never … errr i bought plenty of things from ebay from overseas sellers and never had any custom charge.i always look out for listing that states that there are custom fees, maybe if u had a look ull see that some listing states that custom charges will be included within the price :whistling::whistling:

it isnt the bloody seller that charges the custom fees :roll:

Banned

gabriel2k7;7292304

errr i bought plenty of things from ebay from overseas sellers and never … errr i bought plenty of things from ebay from overseas sellers and never had any custom charge.i always look out for listing that states that there are custom fees, maybe if u had a look ull see that some listing states that custom charges will be included within the price :whistling::whistling:

Customs charges CANT be included within the price

They are levied in the UK and not in the country of origin

Do you need a bigger spade?

Original Poster

i came here to ask for help, but looks like i got a bunch of retarded people that enjoys taking the **** out of people. oh well you can all get a grip.. i havent came here to listen to mentally challenged people that havent learned what manners is

im off

MODS EXPIRE

gabriel2k7;7292304

You have never paid before because thay haven't investigated your item or it's below the limit.

They can't put it in the listings as it is not always definite you will pay them.

Banned

gabriel2k7;7292339

i came here to ask for help, but looks like i got a bunch of retarded … i came here to ask for help, but looks like i got a bunch of retarded people that enjoys taking the **** out of people. oh well you can all get a grip.. i havent came here to listen to mentally challenged people that havent learned what manners isim offMODS EXPIRE

pmsl and a merry xmas to you to :santa:

gabriel2k7;7292304

So you have been lucky! Just accept the charge & put it down to experience/bad luck.

Banned

It's £15. Pay it, and remember for next time.

Original Poster

greg_68;7292345

You have never paid before because thay haven't investigated your item or … You have never paid before because thay haven't investigated your item or it's below the limit.They can't put it in the listings as it is not always definite you will pay them.

THANKS, the only person that apparently got manners around here, and that explains

:thumbsup:

gabriel2k7;7292339

i came here to ask for help, but looks like i got a bunch of retarded … i came here to ask for help, but looks like i got a bunch of retarded people that enjoys taking the **** out of people. oh well you can all get a grip.. i havent came here to listen to mentally challenged people that havent learned what manners isim offMODS EXPIRE

http://caulkischeap.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/baby-crying.jpg

gabriel2k7;7292339

Yeah expire it before more people point out how wrong I am.

be a man and admit you are wrong.

"learned what manners is" nice use of english

pmsl

Babbabooey;7292370

Stop being so mean guys.

To the OP, the charges are nothing to do with the seller I'm afraid. When you've bought things in the past you've obviously been lucky. I think your best bet is to just bite the bullet and pay the £15.

Original Poster

dataload;7292373

"learned what manners is" nice use of english

sorry professor :whistling::whistling::-D

Original Poster

deanos is that pic what you looked like when you were a kid :whistling::whistling::-D

Banned

gabriel2k7;7292339

i came here to ask for help,

You're welcome

gabriel2k7;7292339

but looks like i got a bunch of retarded people that enjoys taking the … but looks like i got a bunch of retarded people that enjoys taking the **** out of people.

No. You got the truth. Unfortunately people dont always like the truth.

gabriel2k7;7292339

oh well you can all get a grip.. i havent came here to listen to mentally … oh well you can all get a grip.. i havent came here to listen to mentally challenged people that havent learned what manners is

The mentally challenged bit was proven by every comment you made here

gabriel2k7;7292339

im off

Thank you. Come again.

gabriel2k7;7292339

MODS EXPIRE

You mentioned manners yet have none

Do you understand "please"?

ChipSticks;7292379

Stop being so mean guys.To the OP, the charges are nothing to do with the … Stop being so mean guys.To the OP, the charges are nothing to do with the seller I'm afraid. When you've bought things in the past you've obviously been lucky. I think your best bet is to just bite the bullet and pay the £15.

So ripping off a seller and making him cover the costs because he has no grasp of import duties isn't mean.

Original Poster

greg_68;7292395

So ripping off a seller and making him cover the costs because he has no … So ripping off a seller and making him cover the costs because he has no grasp of import duties isn't mean.

ohh stop your moaning and get a grip

theres a life outside here yano :thumbsup::whistling::-D

gabriel2k7;7292390

deanos is that pic what you looked like when you were a kid … deanos is that pic what you looked like when you were a kid :whistling::whistling::-D

I thought it was took by your mum a few minutes ago :-D

happens, it's life and ebay. next time buy from your own country instead of giving some stupid american your money.

greg_68;7292395

So ripping off a seller and making him cover the costs because he has no … So ripping off a seller and making him cover the costs because he has no grasp of import duties isn't mean.

The OP just doesn't understand the custom charges as they have never dealt with them before. It doesn't make them "mentally retarded"

Seriously no need for it.

Just point out how it works. Job done.

Original Poster

deanos;7292409

I thought it was took by your mum a few minutes ago

na it wasnt pal ... so it must be yours .... looks just like you aswell :thumbsup::thumbsup::whistling::whistling:

Banned

Who's Yano?

Merry christmas...... everyone!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01182/arts-graphics-2007_1182544a.jpg

Banned

ChipSticks;7292413

Just point out how it works. Job done.

did you read the thread?

you will have caught the bit where it was explained how it works then?

good.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;7292413

The OP just doesn't understand the custom charges as they have never … The OP just doesn't understand the custom charges as they have never dealt with them before. It doesn't make them "mentally retarded"Seriously no need for it. Just point out how it works. Job done.

it ok people around here think everyone knows everything and no one makes mistakes :thumbsup::thumbsup:

gabriel2k7 I thought you said you were going??? :whistling: Do 1!!!

dimebars;7292430

did you read the thread?you will have caught the bit where it was … did you read the thread?you will have caught the bit where it was explained how it works then?good.

Yes I read the thread. this was the 3rd reply from yourself

dimebars;7292246

You do understand what customs charges are right?You bought the camera … You do understand what customs charges are right?You bought the camera from outwith the UK and are therefore liable for the chargesNot the sellers fault if you are mentally challenged

No need at all.

If I had made the mistake I wouldn't be opening up a paypal dispute, I'd own up, pay up, shut up and learn from it.

Anything purchased from abroad over £18 think it is, can be liable to a customs charge, you were unlucky it got picked up, ive had the same thing a few times, not the seller its customs that make the rules
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4622165
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…2041
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…77
      4. Samsung Note 81015

See more discussions