Ebay help please (PS3 related)

9 replies
Found 5th Sep 2009
Hello, I recently sold a white PS3 controller on ebay (which I got from here) and worked with no problems while I had it. The buyer has said that it does not work with his PS3, I looked it up and saw that it was a problem with the update that was released this week with people saying their dual shock controller wouldn't connect to their system. There is info here boardsus.playstation.com/pla…e=9 about it with other people experiencing the same problem. Anyway, the buyer has opened a dispute with PayPal stating that the pad doesnt work, and wants a refund. PayPal have froze the payment and took out the money that I had from selling other things on ebay. Now I can't print postage out for them. What should I do? As it isn't the pad that I sold that was fautly it's stupid sonys update.

9 Comments

I would give them a refund, it was sold on the understanding it would work and it doesn't. No matter whose fault the controller doesn't do what it was sold to do.

Banned

I thought the update only caused faults with fake white ones?

what do you mean you cant print postage out?

buyer has to return and then they unfreeze sale amoutn and refund to buyer

Where did you get the controller from?

There have been a lot of reports that it is only the counterfeit DS3's that this update has jiggered.

What Csiman said. a real one will work, a fake one won't

Sony said some hardware are region locked and as they are from Hong Kong that's why it's not working I've never heard anything about fake ones from any gaming site.

Met-Cast;6212957

Sony said some hardware are region locked and as they are from Hong Kong … Sony said some hardware are region locked and as they are from Hong Kong that's why it's not working I've never heard anything about fake ones from any gaming site.

i have a hongkong model...imported from hongkong.....it works....bought from yes asia so i guess its genuine, its nothing to do with region locking, its fake pads that are being blocked...those that most people bought from ebay originally most likely.

Original Poster

Aww nuts, so its fake then, well I'll send a refund to him when I get the controller back. I swapped one of my black (official) controllers for this one on here about 2 months ago, think I'd be able to get it back? Thanks for the help everyone by the way

Banned

GIANTHANDMAN;6217350

Aww nuts, so its fake then, well I'll send a refund to him when I get the … Aww nuts, so its fake then, well I'll send a refund to him when I get the controller back. I swapped one of my black (official) controllers for this one on here about 2 months ago, think I'd be able to get it back? Thanks for the help everyone by the way

I'd pursue it myself if I found out I'd been traded a fake!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. amazon echo idiots guide69
    2. Does any kind person have one spare sweet Sunday's code?22
    3. disneyland paris tickets33
    4. putting dry clean only through washing machne1112

See more discussions