Groups
    EXPIRED

Ebay help selling new phone

I want to sell my my unwanted upgrade on ebay, the box is sealed. Should I remove the seal and take pictures of what's inside the box or leave the seal intact and just take a picture of the box with the seal.

I'm worried that if I just take pictures of the box the buyer may come back to me and say there wasn't a phone inside but if I open the box it may sell for less. How do you normally sell a new phone on ebay?

14 Comments

Leave it sealed... You'll get more, plus everything 'should' be in the box as supplied from the manufacturer...

If you break the seal, they could easily report something as missing, despite receiving everything.

Take pictures of the sealed box, including the unbroken seal :-)

Banned

having a sealed box doesnt mean there is everything inside, a sealed box is not going to make something go for more, it aint an antique, also make sure you have written down the imei number, or whatever its called

Personally i would open it up and take photos of the serial numbers and EMEI on the phone.

I would list it on here, avoid the fees.
    Leave it sealed IMO

skusey;8008268

I would list it on here, avoid the fees.Leave it sealed IMO

This or AV Forums

when i have sold i sell as sealed and the imei is on your upgrade agreement so dont worry about opening to get that...i put collection preferred and i will not send to your granny in nigeria...lol
    it has worked so far-never had a problem.

sassie;8008186

having a sealed box doesnt mean there is everything inside, a sealed box … having a sealed box doesnt mean there is everything inside, a sealed box is not going to make something go for more, it aint an antique, also make sure you have written down the imei number, or whatever its called

Me personally, would not buy any phone off eBay unless the box was sealed - they usually go for abit more than opened ones! As last time I purchase something that was listed as brand new (only opened to take pictures) the phone has tell tale signs of being used (phone book entries, pictures etc) therefore I would never touch one again!

You can take the IMEI & Serial number off the box!

Banned

if someone puts in a paypal dispute you mat lose, how you going to prove all items where in box

I would not buy a phone off ebay at all tbh

keep it sealed, make sure buyer has good feedback, what phone is it?

sassie;8008318

if someone puts in a paypal dispute you mat lose, how you going to prove … if someone puts in a paypal dispute you mat lose, how you going to prove all items where in box

They would lose eitherway... Paypal ALWAYS favours the buyer :thumbsup:!

Only sell to someone with good feedback (change the settings in the buyer requirements).

Also put it as a buy it now or best offer (with immediate payment if buyer chooses to buy it now!), when they send you offers, check their feedback history before accepting any offer.

If your only selling to the Uk the phones going to be of little use to them if they say it wasn't in the box as your going to get it blocked and they do sell for more when sealed

Original Poster

Thanks for all your input, rep for you all!

Banned

Thread closed, thanks for letting us know.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
    2. What is there free to do in your town?25
    3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
    4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions