Found 9th Apr 2007
hi, i'm lookin to bid on an item from this seller who has got 3 items listed, all 3 of which is being won by a new ebayer with 0 feedback, who joined ebay the same day as the items were listed, which makes me suspect that its the same person, as some of the items are different size & all the starting bids were placed by the same person. i was just wondering if thats the same person, is there anyway to stop them raising the bids? im a student so i dont wanna have to pay more than i need to. thanx

15 Comments

Just put in what you are willing to pay.
If it is the same person and there is no point in paying himself he will offer to second highest bidder. You could just say you won't accept unless the price comes right down to your bid above the next bidder on the list as that is what you would have paid without that person interfering.

Or you could try and report it to ebay but i'm not sure what they would do tbh.

If you post the item numbers here, i'll take a look for you

How do you know that they have been won by the same person?

They have changed the info on bidders now so that their names arent shown, I think?

DSB

How do you know that they have been won by the same person?They have … How do you know that they have been won by the same person?They have changed the info on bidders now so that their names arent shown, I think?

thats only if the bids are over £100.

anyway, if you really think he is shill bidding i wouldnt recommend dealing with him.

dunno

anyway, if you really think he is shill bidding i wouldnt recommend … anyway, if you really think he is shill bidding i wouldnt recommend dealing with him.

I'd have to agree with dunno here. Shill bidding can get you kicked off of ebay. I wouldn't trust it, if you think it looks dodgy, don't do it. The fact that the seller also has feedback at 96.7% is a bit iffy too. I never deal with sellers who have feedback under 97.5% myself.

Don't forget, it may come up again very soon

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help Guess i'll just save my money for something better!

There are always lots of items on there, if it looks a bit suspicious, then don't bid and report your suspicions to ebay.

I have been dealing on there for about 4 years now and always do a thorough check before bidding.

Good Luck on whatever it is that you are wanting

Hey Cat,

Shill bidding can happen without you knowing it at all. The important things to remember are only ever go to your maximum price, and the person you are buying from must be to your satisfaction genuine. I know this has been pretty much said, but it's better to remember those two points than anything. It's very much a buyers market, and if you are the buyer, you only have to send money when completely satisfied. There's always a bit of risk involved but ebay can occasionally be worth it!

emasu

I'd have to agree with dunno here. Shill bidding can get you kicked off … I'd have to agree with dunno here. Shill bidding can get you kicked off of ebay. I wouldn't trust it, if you think it looks dodgy, don't do it.

I agree :thumbsup: Shill Bidding is theft.

emasu

The fact that the seller also has feedback at 96.7% is a bit iffy too. I … The fact that the seller also has feedback at 96.7% is a bit iffy too. I never deal with sellers who have feedback under 97.5% myself.

Rubbish.:x :x If you have only two feedbacks and one is a retaliatory neg from a non payer, then you will only have a 50% feedback. If you have bought 50 1p e-books then you will have a 100% positive feedback. I know who I would prefer to deal with.
Feedback counts for nothing on ebay anymore. You need to look into the sellers buying and selling history. How long have they been a member, how many items have they sold, does the item qualify for Paypal's buyer protection etc.

One of the sites I use to research a seller/bidder is ]here

Starlet

Goofbay is also has some good … Goofbay is also has some good tools:]http://www.goofbay.com/ebay_tools.html

stora

One of the sites I use to research a seller/bidder is ]here

I use both of these and Eddie @ Auctionpix has some good tools/links that I also use:-
]http//au…tml

dinosteveus

I agree :thumbsup: Shill Bidding is theft.Rubbish.:x :x If you have … I agree :thumbsup: Shill Bidding is theft.Rubbish.:x :x If you have only two feedbacks and one is a retaliatory neg from a non payer, then you will only have a 50% feedback. If you have bought 50 1p e-books then you will have a 100% positive feedback. I know who I would prefer to deal with. Feedback counts for nothing on ebay anymore. You need to look into the sellers buying and selling history. How long have they been a member, how many items have they sold, does the item qualify for Paypal's buyer protection etc.

Soory dino, what i forgot to say is if they have a lot of feedback - say 200-250+, in that case you can sort of start to see that they might be a bit dodgy to deal with. If they're feedback is under 100, i'd trust them :thumbsup:

emasu

Soory dino, what i forgot to say is if they have a lot of feedback - say … Soory dino, what i forgot to say is if they have a lot of feedback - say 200-250+, in that case you can sort of start to see that they might be a bit dodgy to deal with. If they're feedback is under 100, i'd trust them :thumbsup:

I see what you mean now :thumbsup: :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57582
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions