eBay - how often do they run the £1 listings?

Posted 21st Jun
Hi folks, I'm sure many of you took advantage of the £1 selling fee offer from eBay, which is just about to expire.
I couldn't list all the items I wanted, so I'm pondering if I should wait for another similar promotion or just bite the bullet on full 10% fees... How often do you think eBay runs these promotions? Is there a chance to see another one before Christmas?
Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
It seems to vary but average once a month to 6 weeks they do them. Although some promos only last the weekend.
Edited by: "Haz_19" 21st Jun
Haz_1921/06/2020 22:32

It seems to vary but average once a month to 6 weeks they do them. …It seems to vary but average once a month to 6 weeks they do them. Although some promos only last the weekend.

That's not bad at all, I was wondering if this was a one-off post-Covid promo to help people earn extra dough by selling unwanted things...
It was near enough every other weekend up until March really. Its frequent enough to never list on a normal day put it that way.
Edited by: "ArcadeAssassin" 21st Jun
They are regular nowadays, every other week recently.
Every 2 weeks to a month max.
Create random listings now with high prices so no one buys it etc. Then when ready edit the listing and all done. Comes under £1 selling fee
Hassan7721/06/2020 23:22

Create random listings now with high prices so no one buys it etc. Then …Create random listings now with high prices so no one buys it etc. Then when ready edit the listing and all done. Comes under £1 selling fee

Do you get on the search alerts when you change the listing? For example, I listed a popular bike and I know that it popped on many people's search alerts as I got like 50 page views instantly.

Create random listings now with high prices so no one buys it etc. Then …Create random listings now with high prices so no one buys it etc. Then when ready edit the listing and all done. Comes under £1 selling fee

I did this, somebody must have reported my listings and they were taken down
TheMissBlue22/06/2020 02:11

I did this, somebody must have reported my listings and they were taken …I did this, somebody must have reported my listings and they were taken down

Likely another seller. There is a guy who sells gift cards who puts up a listing saying "Coming Soon" with a £99 value and then edits it once the item is actually available for sale.

Here is one example

Or save them as a draft they when £1 fees just list them, avoids the high prices then lowering etc.
bozo00722/06/2020 09:28

Likely another seller. There is a guy who sells gift cards who puts up a …Likely another seller. There is a guy who sells gift cards who puts up a listing saying "Coming Soon" with a £99 value and then edits it once the item is actually available for sale.Here is one example

Link returns error
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants