Expired

Ebay-How to sell??

Found 30th Jun 2017
I have got a lot of items of clothing(mostly all brand new never worn) so wanting to sell my stuff and make space, also Handbags/Shoes somehousehold items-Leather Sofas, Fridge Freezer etc, all in v good condition, sofas hardly used, from pet free, smoke free home but don't know how Ebay works, can somebody please advise me how it works? do you have to pay a fee to advertise it?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Generally, fees are after sale. A percentage is taken by eBay and PayPal.
I find selling via other methods such as Shpock is easier but far greater customer base on eBay.
Try gumtree first no fees
lighti

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09I have got a lot of items of clothing(mostly all … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09I have got a lot of items of clothing(mostly all brand new never worn) so wanting to sell my stuff and make space, also Handbags/Shoes somehousehold items-Leather Sofas, Fridge Freezer etc, all in v good condition, sofas hardly used, from pet free, smoke free home but don't know how Ebay works, can somebody please advise me how it works? do you have to pay a fee to advertise it?\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Free to advertise an auction listing starting at 99p.

Fees are charged on final sale price, which includes the p&p.

Fees are also deducted by PayPal if used, fees will normally be around 10%.

Unless some of your items are rare/collectible/designer I would use Gumtree or Facebook selling pages, cash on collection, no fees involved.

If your really wanting to use eBay, list one item you think should sell, and this will give you experience with the process.

Remember and check the p&p costs, and include this in listing.

List on a thursday on a 10 day listing, this gives you 2 weekends for browsers to find your item (most eBay activity is at weekends) and your listing will finish on a sunday at the same time you list, I find around 5pm is an ideal finishing time.

personally I sell big things on Gumtree it can take a couple of weeks but no fees involved or charge backs.
Original Poster
Thank u all for the advice and info, I have tried Gumtree but getting no reply so that's why I thought I would try elsewhere, how does it work on facebook? would that only be to the friends you have or can it be to the general public?
lighti

Thank u all for the advice and info, I have tried Gumtree but getting no … Thank u all for the advice and info, I have tried Gumtree but getting no reply so that's why I thought I would try elsewhere, how does it work on facebook? would that only be to the friends you have or can it be to the general public?

Most towns/cities have local selling pages set up by someone, search for 'facebay' or 'your town selling page' and send a request to join the group, once joined post photo and price/details and it can be viewed by all members..

Might be worth looking at your local newspaper, ours has about 4/5 pages of classified ads for sale each week. With ours you can advertise for free and tends to work for all larger items eg sofas bikes ,kids toys, have always sold everything we have advertised this way
In my town loads of Facebook selling pages THINGS FOR SALE OR ITEMS FOR SALE just type that into the search bar with your town or city at the end of sentence also the Facebook app now has its own market place built in so selling is now really easy on FB just take a photo of item add price and that's pretty much it someone from your local area will collect at an arranged time. Best of all it's free of fees

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants